Why should I buy Kemper remote

• Regards to all ..
    I have just ordered my Kemper and I can not wait to try it and to join Kemper community
    can someone tell me what are the reasons why I should buy Kemper remote ..
    I already have LINE6 hd500x and I have planned to hd500x on stage use as midi
    I saw on youtube several videos where it works very well..
    in one bank I would have
    4 patches
    4 effects
    tap tempo
    tuner
    volume pedal
    wah pedal ..

Thanks

• Faster rig switch will improve with all controllers along the FW3.0. HD500 includes looper as well that one might utilize if needed and it is feasible. I have same controller and plan to stick with for now as I've programmed it for live use. Maybe will get one when the used ones start to show up for grabs.

But with Remote you will..
    ..get easier programmability (fully integrated with KPA FW)
    ..get tuner displaying on the controller
    ..get 1 cable solution instead of 2 (or 4 if you utilize HD's looper in KPA's loop)
    ..get multiple simultaneous stomp on/off switches
    ..lose some of the expression pedal configurability (sweep direction & range)
    ..need to get something else as a backup preamp device for KPA as HD500 covers this also
    ..lose possibility to use HD's reverbs and delays in KPA's stomp section (4CM)

• If you have a current solution, the Remote is harder to justify. It's too expensive to be a must buy. To me, the key is time saving integration with Kemper. It's dead simple to setup. Anything else is a hassle to configure. The tuner is nice. I think the size is gig friendly, as much as I want integrated expression pedals, I like that the moving parts are separate and easier to swap out when they break (all moving parts will break at some point!). I also think they are going to pack better in a bag as separate pedals. To me the looper is a gimmick, but I'll use it to practice soloing and listen to myself play, so I expect it to be a good skill building tool. If you're buying it just for the looper you're wasting your money. There are better options for that...

If I had a pedal or didn't have the cash handy, I'd wait, but I avoided the Kemper since it came out because it didn't come with a pedal. When I saw the pedal was coming soon, that's when I bought in.

Kemper is a good company. They support their products and stand for quality. That's really what I'm after. I'm done buying crap. I like firmware version 3. Most manufactures don't invest like that.

All said, this is a value decision. Look at the features and ask if it's worth the price to you. No right or wrong answers here.

• As mentioned, everybody wants one. But in my mind, there is one reason why one might not want a Remote. That is the high price for a controller that only works with one device. The name of the game should be universal use, in my opinion, and I feel a lot more Remotes would have been sold if this was the case. As far as price, I don't find it ridiculous, after all, people have to get fed when a product is sold. It's the Apple strategy, versus the Android strategy I'm talking about.

There are other reasons that dissuade people when chancing upon the Remote. For one, the Looper looks really promising, but at the same time, is only 32 seconds in stereo and 60 or so in mono. It's also unclear whether tempo detection in the Kemper will apply to the loops that are created. I, for one, have high hopes that it will be implemented. If this is so, I can imagine a few more users would be won over by the looper. There is also insufficient information on whether there will be quantisation options with the looper and this lack of knowledge gives me a reason to wait.

I also feel that there are too few controls on the Remote for users that are used to things like a Ground Control Pro or one of those Axe controllers, for example. It would have been ideal to have buttons covering each stomp and FX slot, for example, but due to the requirement of making the board small, there are only four, which granted can turn on/off multiple combinations of FX slots. But it's even less buttons than an FCB, so that might not please everyone.

Of course, as mentioned, everyone wants one and I do too. But before I take a decision, I will look at other user experiences and videos to arrive at a conclusion on the Remote. So I'm okay not being an early adopter (I wasn't one of the earliest with the Kemper), though I would hate to miss the bus altogether if things are good (and I'm confident they will be).

• You should if you want

personally the looper looks like the selling point/deal breaker for its price tag, like I wanted a foot controller but not for $600, so the loopers going to be my deciding vote , tho I really hope for a sale or used price being broke atm lol

• Someone mentioned that if you put the looper on a slower setting you get double the time, so 60 seconds stereo?

If so, maybe they can program a 120s for Mono? One can only cross the fingers.

I'm waiting for 240s of 1/4 Field!!

• On the Pod HD and some other unit I'm pretty sure that half time looper makes it twice as long but mono, so I guess that's how it would work in the kemper as well. We'll see.
    I've seen different info on the kemper looper time specs, it's either 30 or 32 seconds stereo.

• Agree with the above on all counts.

At first I took issue with the cost/value notion, but then concluded I'm really a "systems" type person at heart.

Meaning: I'd much rather invest in a product specifically designed to work with the Kemper delivering both special advantages today and only more tomorrow.
    Seeing the OS version 3.0 is right around the corner, who's to know what complications this might bring to using conventional controllers. Whether this issue actually occurs or not, I wouldn't be willing to take that risk.

Moreover, I'll be content knowing any future improvements will be with matched products.

Happy Kemper