Why should I buy Kemper remote

• You won't be cool like the rest of us who will have one. 8)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• It's almost depressing looking at all of the "Go for it reasons".
    Not much to say about its usefulness or what you will truly be gaining.
    A half baked looper? Remote use away from the KPA.
    That seems to be it in a nutshell.
    I hear some speak of possible future uses but that means nothing since they have said nothing.

I am an early bird but I have been going back and forth for a while now.
    One day I am a bit interested then the next I am thinking, but why......especially for $600. I have bought tons of more useful things for that price.
    My finger has been hovering over the cancel button.
    Maybe they should hurry up and get it out to me because I am leaning very close towards hitting the button.

• Ok, a serious post:

Interface Capabilities:
    Four switches per Rig.
    Each one can be assigned to a combination of FX and FX status.

Four Expression Pedal/Dual Switch inputs.
    Pedal control of FX is also assignable per rig

The display shows (per the pictures online):
    The FX in the rig
    Which FX are controlled by which switch
    The current on/Off Status of each FX in the Rig

The Performance Mode display likely adds to the above info:
    The Performance Number/Name
    The Slot names
    The active Slot

Tuner On:
    Tuner "bubble" display, matching the display on the KPA

And, there is whatever that "MIDI Octopus" reference means, in terms of controlling other gear:)

• For those saying there may be future functionality.
    The remote has only so many buttons and they already have multiple uses (tap dancing) Some things now you have to tap 3 to 4 times.
    So if they make anything else configurable through the remote in the future, would that not lead to even more tap dancing? They would have to create another inline piece of hardware.

• I see the visual screen as a HUGE component. It's not a simple digital number, it's a complex amount of information displaying what's going on with the Kemper.

If you're performing and the Kemper is 10 feet or more behind you, there is no way to see what's going on. If you don't reprogram every profile to have the exact same effects available, you have to memorize them. With the KPR you can just look and see immediately what are assigned, what's on/off and go, what the names, designations, etc, not to mention color coding.

I don't understand the "foot tapping" aspect. You can see the tuning, or turn on the tuner Tap ON, Tap OFF. You can stay in Browse Rig mode or tap to Performance Mode, it's a TOGGLE of Mode. So you have the Mode control switch and then the functionality is in the other switches to turn on a particular profile, step through a performance bank, etc. It looks easy peasy to me. If there were future functionality it would either be a check box on the Kemper or perhaps a toggle between 3 options, but I can't imagine what that would be at this point.

About the only issue perhaps is if your shoes have an issue stepping over the first line to tap the second row, the KPR being a small footprint, but it doesn't look any smaller than my 1.5x2 foot pedal board with 3 rows of pedals before I had the KPA.

Forget "future functionality". There appears to be large amount of current functionality aimed at detailing the current STATUS of the Kemper.

• It's almost depressing looking at all of the "Go for it reasons".Not much to say about its usefulness or what you will truly be gaining. A half baked looper? Remote use away from the KPA.That seems to be it in a nutshell.I hear some speak of possible future uses but that means nothing since they have said nothing.I am an early bird but I have been going back and forth for a while now.One day I am a bit interested then the next I am thinking, but why......especially for $600. I have bought tons of more useful things for that price.My finger has been hovering over the cancel button.Maybe they should hurry up and get it out to me because I am leaning very close towards hitting the button.

I've been a fence sitter for a while, but the more I study the Remote, the more I like it. Just going over some of your points, I have some reassurances that I hope will help prevent you from cancelling.
    1) Looper: There are five buttons on that looper, which is particularly useful if you're one of the people that's going to use it in a performance setting. If you look at other loopers on the market, the features (start/record, stop, reload, reverse and 1/2 time) would cost you about $500 for similar features. The only difference is the loopers in that category can play multiple loops simultaneously, which is a huge plus in their favour. Still, the way it is currently, the looper on the Kemper is worth about $300 standalone.
    2) Tap dance elimination: I was kindly given a confirmation by hjscheffler that the Remote will reduce tap dancing to a great extent, because the stomp buttons I-IV can be used to toggle effects off as well as turn effects on. So you could turn off FX while turning on others with a single button press. I'm unsure whether turning on an FX will also occupy one of the four slots controllable through a single switch however, but really, it wouldn't make sense activating so many FX within a single rig anyway, it would be better workflow to just switch to a different performance.
    3) Performance autoload: The ability to move up through banks while autoloading a slot is really handy. What I mean is if you're on say performance button 3 and hit bank up, you'll go to performance 3 of the next bank, or if you hit bank down, you'll go to performance 3 of the lower bank. This is a great way to be able to arrange performances and really, performances are all about workflow.
    4) Midi octopus: Don't knock this feature, it can really be helpful as you grow as a musician. A lot of gigging musicians have a tech hidden off-stage that is controlling all their patch changes, or controlling expression pedals. Of course, to users like me, this feature is not as useful since I have difficulty putting together the cash for one Remote, forget two. But that is precisely the kind of future-proofing you want to have for a device, trust me.

All that said, as mentioned, the Remote is a luxury that I cannot justify for myself right now. After all, with a really flexible midi controller of my own, I can do many of the things the Remote can. And that is the beauty of Kemper Amp really, I have the choice to myself and there's no compelling reason to upgrade. But the integration of the Remote and the Kemper is a huge, huge plus in my book, I could really see myself splurge the cash if I had it. It's just that I have a huge list of things to purchase, being a drummer, bassist, guitarist and vocalist, running my own recording studio, playing in three bands - everything is so expensive.

My point is that you can rest assured that if you get the Remote, you won't ever feel the need to get another controller for the Kemper. So your money is well spent. ^^

• I suppose I'll cry uncle here since some here missed the point I was trying to share.
    All I was saying was that IMO I do believe the IS value in ponying up the extra $$ to invest in a product engineered, matched and dedicated to each other.
    The real proof to any of this will be when the units actually arrive and the early birds gather first-hand experiences with it over this anticipated speculation. ;)

Happy Kemper

• I like it , it is very good looking, seems to be useful and I will have one.
    It is self explanatory.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().