Digitech Trio your own band inside a guitar pedal!

• In the online Shop thomann.de price has been reduced of 289 Euro to 199 Euro.

Well that's more like it... not saying that I'm gonna be getting it as it's still kinda steep but at least we're in the "reasonable" ballpark now...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I've seen quite a few complaints on various forums that the recognition algorithm is flaky at best. That it takes quite a few tries to get anywhere near to the backing you have in mind and that sometimes it's just completely off, no matter how simple your progression is.

Due to all that, I'm nowhere near ready to pull the trigger on one just yet.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I've seen quite a few complaints on various forums that the recognition algorithm is flaky at best. That it takes quite a few tries to get anywhere near to the backing you have in mind and that sometimes it's just completely off, no matter how simple your progression is.

Because they didn't RTFM. I got it right from start. It's very easy to make it work your way, just make sure you strum chords clearly starting with a root, select them from minor, major & 7th only, no more than one per beat (and never on upbeats) one per bar is enough actually if your chord progression doesn't change.

You don't want to play the real song, just the chords. See how to input Where's my mind for example (4:15):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by lef38 ().

• I have had one for acouple of weeks, excellent jamming and songwriting aid. As lef38 said RTFM, itworksgreat,nothing flaky about its recognition, it will even recognise two note chords if you play clearly. Methinks the problem that some have expressed is due to flaky playing and flaky reading abilities re: RTFM.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• Alright, that makes sense...
    Thanks fellas!

• Yngwi, can you store some songs away, or you have to re-input all the parts at every performance one song by one?
    :)

Gianfranco, no storage there unfortunately.
    The Trio keeps three (song)parts in memory, that's all.
    For another song you need to start over.
    It would be great if it had an SD slot and'd be able to store a couple more songs.
    Then it could work as a rhythm section for a one- man band.

• The Trio keeps three (song)parts in memory, that's all.

And you can't even rely on it, because parts 2 & 3 behave differently, like more dynamic, because they are supposed to be the chorus parts.
    It's better to start over at every new song.
    There are a lot of possible new features for a nice V2 in the future !

Manual says:
    "The TRIO's three parts are ideal for playing songs with a verse, chorus, and bridge. The styles for Part 1 have lower
    intensities and work well for song verses. Part 2 styles are higher in intensity and are optimized for song choruses.
    Part 3 uses intermediate intensities that are variations of the Part 2 drum patterns and work well for song bridges."

• Gianfranco, no storage there unfortunately.
    The Trio keeps three (song)parts in memory, that's all.
    For another song you need to start over.
    It would be great if it had an SD slot and'd be able to store a couple more songs.
    Then it could work as a rhythm section for a one- man band.

Mhhh... thanks dude :)
    What is the USB connection for? And, last but not least: does the pedal keep the song in memory when you switch it off?

:)

• There's a nice window of opportunity here for the "Trio XT" ;) , with an integrated Jamman that would provide both sd storage and quantized/synced looping. I'd pay for that...

• There's a nice window of opportunity here for the "Trio XT" ;) , with an integrated Jamman that would provide both sd storage and quantized/synced looping. I'd pay for that...

Yeah, but Digitech is kinda strange as a company. I wonder why they stopped making the JamMan Delay for example.

• Chiming in a bit late here... but after reading all the reviews about Trio and BeatBuddy, then after reading all the BeatBuddy vs Trio comments, I decided to go ahead and purchase both. I am glad I did. It is so nice to stomp in a drum track on Beatbuddy and play. But is also nice (and easy) to get a beat for a guitar rhythm that you just hear or come up with. I hook the BeatBuddy via stereo into my Focusrite and do not connect the guitar. Then hook the Trio into the Kemper and Focusrite, then plug the guitar into the Trio. My home studio is now a really, really fun setup. I can already tell this is going to make practice so much more efficient and is going to help my timing immensely.

Now, would like to get the foot controller for Trio and add a loop with the BeatBuddy.

• It is actually... If you have the trio hooked to from the amp output (to the Kemper input) and simultaneously have the Trio connected to a pre-amp (Focusrite in my case), the Trio signal goes out to the pre-amp and the guitar signal is passed straight through to the amp; without any color added. It says that in the Trio manual....