My Kemper Crashed!

• Just had my first crash today.

I changed the Author parameter for a bunch of profiles at once from the rig manager (and44 to TheAmpFactory) and the screen changed to Syncing Rigs... Then it switched to KEMPER PROFILER, with the unit totally unresponsive. No big deal, I turned it off then on again, but it would suck if it happened when recording or playing live. Though I assume it had something to do with the fact that it was interfacing with the rig manager... Have you guys seen anything similar?

• i had my kemper freeze on me with no response whatsoever a couple of weeks ago.
    happened while i was browsing rigs fast with the buttons (not the dial).
    i turned the unit off and on - and it stayed dark. no function whatsoever. had to send it in for repairs (the second time already,
    guess i'm extremely unlucky). in both instances the support was EXTREMELY good and very fast.
    can't say enough kind words about them, nothing shirt of awesome!

• I'm on the latest firmware...

Shane, you can change the author's name in the Rig Manager. It's a very useful feature to keep everything in order. I usually change all the names, too, with brand and model/year in front of whatever the rig's name is.

Bluepowder.... =O Fingers crossed this won't happen to me...!

• My previous powered rack was a lemon. It shut down on me no less than 4 times over a 4 week period at my gigs over the summer. I had LEDs going on it as well as the USB connector being very inconsistent. I re-flashed the unit as directed and it continued to cause me grief and thus I returned it.

Now, my newest non-powered rack has been awesome. No issues to report and perfectly reliable. I did a 10 night gig and had to play 3 hrs straight per night and it was rock solid reliable.

• Ive just tested something similar...
    running 2.8.0 I renamed about 300 profiles from AND44 to TheAmpfactory, it got up 48 completed then crashed.. all leds went off... the display just says "KEMPER PROFILER"
    The sound of the last amp i was playing is still working..

Had to power off/on again to get back into it, I understand that the firmware is "experimental"

This is repeatable... did the same again, this time after 41 renames it crashed

Edited 2 times, last by krevvy ().

• I don't think its just the author field.. I just Tested changing any value on mass causes the issue too. (I tested changing a load from guitar to bass) same bug.. I don't think they would (or could) have a random bug that does it sometimes after differing amounts of edits. Its just a bug.

Also if it was intentional, surely they would just pop up a warning in rig manager instead of hard crashing your valuable amp causing a forced power off.

(Changing values in bulk is fine in the local rig database, the crash happens when its updating live on the "my profiler" rigs.) So kemper are not preventing anything on purpose.

• I don't think its just the author field.. I just Tested changing any value on mass causes the issue too. (I tested changing a load from guitar to bass) same bug.. I don't think they would (or could) have a random bug that does it sometimes after differing amounts of edits. Its just a bug.

Also if it was intentional, surely they would just pop up a warning in rig manager instead of hard crashing your valuable amp causing a forced power off.

(Changing values in bulk is fine in the local rig database, the crash happens when its updating live on the "my profiler" rigs.) So kemper are not preventing anything on purpose.

This.

• Had my kemper 2 years and never had it crash on me and done over 400 gigs. Trust me its very reliable.[/quote]

Must be the water down here. I spend a lot of time with the new firmware 3.0 crashing . This seems to happen on a lot of occasions when I store an edited rig to the Rig Manager. ( Dreaded green screen) I have sent the photo twice to the Powers that Be but until now have not had a response. If 3 is problematic I can see they must be busy :(