Strange output issue

• Never had this happen before, but here it is.

I left my Kemper on for several hours (took a nap and had dinner), went back and tried to play .... no output. I had the XLR outs going into my little ZED mixer and was attempting to play along with an MP3. Switched my headphones over to the headphone out .... still nothing.

So .... I checked my wiring, unplugged everything ... set it back up, still nothing. Finally, checked the output section. All the outputs were set to infinity.

Now, there were three 10 year old little girls in the basement, but I doubt that any of them would actually go into the menu system on my Kemper and turn down all outputs.

Does anyone know how this may have happened? Is there something that the kids could have bumped (a button) that would have caused all outputs to be turned off?

I hate to think that my Kemper is haunted ;)

• Errrrr. I also found all my "listen" buttons pressed on my ZED 10Fx along with the phantom power.

I guess it is time for a talk about death and playing my musical equipment ;)

Thanks guys.

I felt kind of stupid trying to get noise out of my Kemper ..... and failing to do so for around 15 minutes! I was thinking .... "what if this happens on a gig?". Terrifying!

I am sure that is what it was. That ole master volume knob is just too big and appealing not to be tweaked by little girl hands. Too many bright and colorful lights on the Kemper calling out to little hands "touch me .... touch me" :)

Can anyone tell me the default setting of the output gain for the Kemper so I don't have to play with my input gain on our band mixer? I am sure it isn't infinity like I found it after the girls fiddled with it!

• Three little girls and a Kemper
    In a basement without their father
    They tweaked the knobs
    Father tore his hair out
    Now he keeps it in a locker ^^

LMAO ;)

I guess I will have to start putting the cover on the case before sleep-overs :)

As an aside ..... I finished the basement so I would have a place in the house to go and to have get togethers in ..... not for kids to live in and have get togethers in. What happened to my MAN CAVE?

• LMAO ;)

I guess I will have to start putting the cover on the case before sleep-overs :)

As an aside ..... I finished the basement so I would have a place in the house to go and to have get togethers in ..... not for kids to live in and have get togethers in. What happened to my MAN CAVE?

To have a man cave, one must be a troll from time to time. ^^

• Yep, this would do the trick for the issue discussed here :)

Just to clarify, since there's no revolving hamster in the unit, my "sleeping mode" would just switch lights off. It might as well lock the unit, yes (there might be a setting to determine what the long pressing does).

This would have more sense to more people I guess :D