New Kemper User in Town, Tube Addict originally...

• Hey guys,

I have been reading a lot in the forum the past months, so I finally like to say hello to everyone around! Especially, since I guess I'll be staying with the Kemper quite a while...

I have been a die-hard tube fan over the past years - the birth of my son and neighbors "forced" me into new territory. I was giving the Kemper a chance and promised to myself: If there will be a single compromise, if there is a hint of a "wannabe tube-sound, but fairly the real thing" I will return the 'ugly computer' immediately...

Well, what can I say - the Kemper is still there, after a couple of months!!!

Yes, it is and stays ugly and I still do like the sound and feel of my Marshall Top over the Mesa 2x12. But the Kemper is my to-go-tool for recording tracks in great quality simply by connection of 1 single cable to my DAW. And it's getting better and better with updates and more and more great profiles around.

A new chapter opened, and the sound-journey continues...

Btw: great forum - thanks for all the valuable info!
    Cheers!

• Pretty good promotion for Kemper, you went into it not giving that ugly little sucker half a chance and it still won you over. Yep another KPA passenger..... Welcome!!!

• I think that lots of us here are / were die hard tube amp fanatics (mine was a VHT 50ST and a Fender HRD).

I find I fall in love all over again on a daily basis with my Kemper. It just sounds so beautiful.

I keep making new series of performance sets with new rigs I love. What I find is that lots of great rigs are not better or worse than other great rigs ...... they are just a different kind of great.

The Kemper has made me a better guitar player simply by making me want to play more than I have ever wanted to play. It is just a pure, unadulterated, tone machine.

I never thought I would give up tubes. Not ever. Now I will never go back...... and my back thanks me at every gig :)

• In fact I don't feel like I quit tube-sounds, as the KPA does deliver those. That's really the core of it and I use it as such - just like a tube-head.

The big plus on top is the functionality (different outs, adjustability,...) supporting the USE of the whole pack. The FX section rounds it up, but essential to me is the tone.

I also judge profiles by their pure sound, disabling all fx in first place. But of course this is a matter of taste, style of music etc.

For the 'ugly': I have the rack version, which is alittle less ugly in m opinion...:-)

• i was a tube or nothing guy, non beliver in this SS/ digital stuff. Gave this Kemper a shot and...now my tube amps sit in the corner, lol

it does take a little bit to find the ins and outs to make it better, but as you do you realize just how good this thing is.

you can also mount your rack into an empty amp head for that real amp look. Check out Mission Enginerring and they offer such a empty amp head cabinet to mount your Kemper into.

have fun, welcome aboard!

• Oh, I really started something mentioned our dear Kemper been ugly...

To all of you proud and committed KPA users: no offense, I certainly respect your true love to your units! ;)

What was that with women: it's the character that counts.... OMG, now I am really on thin ice!

Cheers!