How to convert your unpowered Kemper Rack to a Powered Kemper Rack... :)

• Here's a little video I did of converting a Kemper unpowered rack to a Kemper powered rack... if you do this you might well lose your warranty...

http://youtu.be/ymyMzfjphxI

BTW its all on the video so please don't harass me with questions on here. If you want to do that then put them on the video on my channel...

Please note I did say the amp was a 290w unit which is incorrect... it is actually 2 x 90w in stereo or 180w bridged..

thanks

I Hope it helps someone but please note that the video remains my copyright...

Thanks.

Careful I'm watching you...

Edited once, last by Profiler ().

• Tony I've been a big fan of your reviews for years, first place I look anytime I want a seriously good review of anything I'm buying, Triaxis, Kemper, the list goes. Come to think of it watching your videos has cost me thousands!!! lmao Cheers and keep up the great work!

• Thats a really cool thing! I knew there was some space inside the rack version, but this much? After my warranty period i will try to build one of the B&O modules inside my Rack.
    A DIY solution from the mothership as promoted in the early days would be cool too but that will never happen i think :(

Very well made video! I like watching these!

• Thanks... and once I get the Remote pedal (come on Kemper where are they?) I'll be reviewing that AND this modified amp will be recorded so guys will hear if it's in some way inferior to the regular rack powered version... but it sounds perfectly fine to me to date - indeed no more faffing about with external stuff.

A really good idea would be that Kemper make the holes in the back of the amp at manufacture time and cover those with the backing (as indeed they partially did) but leave the semi pressed holes there to reduce maybe interference at the CE/FCC testing point. Maybe the one that's there, plus three for the bigger speak-on connectors like I did and a mains connector somewhere near where I fitted it. There should be no cost difference really because the case is stamped out in the first place. Lets face it, when its out of warranty... that could be a great option as this mod did not involve ANY Kemper amplifier mods (to the electronics) at all.

Maybe Kemper might just then sell an 'amp' kit to fit to the unit by a regular user... after all, with those holes it would be very simple indeed.

In any case, Kemper have their own methodology and don't need me to tell them....

Careful I'm watching you...