Selling my Kemper Power Rack

• Guys I've decided to sell my Kemper,I'm not one to spend hours dialling in sounds,the unit is amazing don't get me wrong,suppose I'm one who likes plug and play.

Not to knock your decision, but why not plug and play?
    It's totally possible with the profiler!
    I guarantee you you'll regret sellint it within 4 weeks time. b;)

• Just await Firmware 3.0 plz and sell it afterwards if you are still not satisfied. To prevent regret :)
    Find a nice plug-and-play solution meanwhile. And copy it with the Kemper when you have found it and the Firmware is released. Without your KPA you'll be back in Amp-GAS-land. You'll need loads of cash to survive there ;)

• Nightlight,I'll give you an example I own a Friedman BE 100 been playing it for the last couple of years so my ears are dimmed to the Amp,Get a Friedman Profile and can't say that it's even close,I use a guitar cab,so I have the cab sims locked,I've purchased profiles,none seem to work for me.Im either not cutting thru,or clipping.I will admit that Prob 90% is me the user,maybe I just don't get it.All I know is that I've spent a good solid week tweaking,without good result.Getting back to my Friedman I can plug in any guitar whether single coils,humbuckers etc and have a fairly consistent sound,plug them into the Kemper and like spits them out if I pick a guitar that wasn't dialled.

• Nightlight,I'll give you an example I own a Friedman BE 100 been playing it for the last couple of years so my ears are dimmed to the Amp,Get a Friedman Profile and can't say that it's even close,I use a guitar cab,so I have the cab sims locked,I've purchased profiles,none seem to work for me.Im either not cutting thru,or clipping.I will admit that Prob 90% is me the user,maybe I just don't get it.All I know is that I've spent a good solid week tweaking,without good result.Getting back to my Friedman I can plug in any guitar whether single coils,humbuckers etc and have a fairly consistent sound,plug them into the Kemper and like spits them out if I pick a guitar that wasn't dialled.

Understood, not all tones are everyone's cup of tea. Have you tried profiling your amp, I'm pretty sure you'll get the results you're looking for.

Also, I couldn't understand what you meant when you said you have the cab sims "locked". When using a cab, ideally you should turn the cab sim off, otherwise it's like running a cab on top of another cab, which could hurt your results.

For your application, since you have an amp you like, try creating a DI profile and then run it through your cabinet.

• Nightlife I hear what your saying,but why would I profile my amp when it's already there,albeit a bit heavier to lug,I purchased the Kemper so that I could have a variety of amps to play.
    i do hear and like what some guys are getting out of their Kempers,I'm just not getting it far from it.
    Dont get me wrong I love it's versatility,I just wish I could enjoy the tones coming out of it.
    I live in Sydney Australia,if there's anyone willing to physically show me my way round the unit I'll be more then happy to give it another go.As previously mentioned I'm either clipping,the solos aren't loud enough because they clip etc,I've admitted that I'm a noob and no amount of reading manuals is going to help,unless someone is by my side physically going thru it.
    I would pay to view an instructional video from unpacking,setting up,what to do if this or that clips,solo setups etc basically Kemper for Dummies.Im pretty sure there are many in my boat.

Sorry I meant the Cab sims are all off globally

• Serge I understand, if you are not getting close to the sound and feel of your friedman there is no point using the kemper. But let´s assume the new V3.0 and direct profile will do what they promise and you would be able to replicate the friedman and replace it by a power kemper: IMO there would be advantages:
    - easier transport
    - reliability/durability
    - direkt out for FOH
    - fully programmable
    - everything in one box (effect onboard, tuner etc)
    - great tool for recording
    - AND: still the option getting more sounds out of it

Well, maybe you don not need all this. Then its better to stay with the traditional tubeamp/cab setup, I would agree.
    If not, it would be worth waiting for V3.0 and create a direct profile of your amp.
    But again, I understand your concern that this might not work "out of the box". I have followed all the discussion regarding direct profiles. There seem to be a lot of question marks about it.

• As far as Merged profiles go, they are exactly as promised: they sound like the profiled amp when used with the cab used to profile and with Cabs off. Pretty much EXACTLY like the amp. My experience is that the Direct profile on its own still has hallmarks of a Studio profile played FRFR with Cabs off (ie a fizzy, buzzy top end) through a real guitar cab. Doesn't make a lot of sense, as it disappears as soon as it's merged. I'm sure Kemper will have fixed this behaviour in the official release.

Sorry to take it off topic.

Cheers,
    Sam

• i love my kemper and can't imagine life without it anymore, much like most anybody else in this thread, i suppose.
    that said, i don't get why you guys feel the need to talk him into keeping the unit when it's clearly not to his liking?
    as far as i'm concerned, if somebody feels that the kemper isn't for him or her, then by all means let it go and
    find something else - or go back to something - that works for you. no need to cling onto a piece of technology just
    because it's the "hip new thing", you know? after all, some folks just ARE better of with a traditional amp/cab-combination.
    nothing wrong with that :)  serge: i'ts pityful that you don't seem to get out of the unit what you were hoping to get.
    most people do, some don't, that's life. sell your kemper to somebody who will enjoy it for what it is, not be frustrated for
    what it isn't, as you unfortunately seem to be. maybe you'll com around to using it again someday. i'm sure you will be welcomed
    back here with open arms and big, fat "told ya so!" ;)

• Plz understand Serge, that all the sounds you already have won't sound well with a real cab. Cab-Sim-Off is indeed a thing that never worked for many of us. Mr Kemper was aware of that fact and introduced his solution on Namm 2015. With the new firmware there will come 50 profiles that will sound nice with your cab, due to the new profiling method. And only when the Firmware is released, Rig Exchange will start to fill up with profiles that sound good with real cabs. They will be called "direct amp profiles" or "merged profiles". And only then commercial sellers will start selling such profiles. Wait a little, good sound over real guitar cabs is near.

• I was about selling mine a year ago because of the guitar cab situation and i was even offered more than i asked for it,
    but i'm glad i didn't, and now with the new Firmware coming, i hopefully get the best of both worlds!

• i love my kemper and can't imagine life without it anymore, much like most anybody else in this thread, i suppose.
    that said, i don't get why you guys feel the need to talk him into keeping the unit when it's clearly not to his liking?

Nobody's talking him into doing anything. Only a few guys trying to be constructive and helpful.

• Nobody's talking him into doing anything. Only a few guys trying to be constructive and helpful.

well, it did seem to me like you guys were in fact doing exactly that. my excuses for any misinterpretation on my part :)
    my point still stands though: if it ain't for you - sell it and move on, life is too short to be wasted on things you don't enjoy :)

• @Serge20261 What was your intention to post this thread that you are about to sell your kemper?
    a) find somebody how wants to buy it
    b) try to find someone who can show you how to set it up in simple easy steps, to make it sound like a real amp

I thought there was a little bit of option b), when you were asking for face to face support or a video guide.

• well, it did seem to me like you guys were in fact doing exactly that. my excuses for any misinterpretation on my part
    my point still stands though: if it ain't for you - sell it and move on, life is too short to be wasted on things you don't enjoy

You have to remember that when you start a thread about selling your Kemper you also ask for feedback, witch he got,
    and if Kemper is not for him, i belive it will be up to him to choose no matter what been said here! :)

• I can confirm Plug&Play works now with studio profiles flawlessly. I can not say that about amp-in-the-room sound. But that's what fw 3.0 (or even 2.8) is for. Not fw alone, but the DI profiles that will start to hit Rig Exchange.
    I think with fw3.0 you will get exactly what you expect from KPA - to have many amps for use with your cab for best amp-in-the-room sound.
    If finance is not problem I would definitely wait few months with selling. :)

• Guys thanks for all your comments,to answer a few questions,I'm selling out of frustration,can't get what I want,BUT many have pointed out Firmware 3,I've taken the Kemper off Ebay,I will wait for firmware 3,and decide once I've tried the new Firmware,hopefully it's everthing that's it promises to be.
    Let me say that this Forum is full of very helpful and knowledgeable users and thank all for chiming in.
    Im sure that if someone would do a video for Kemper for dummies it would help out a lot of the serge users