Mr Kemper, Andy Sneap is talking to you...:)

• I like this idea a LOT.

Even though it's actually possible to do it right now, as Andy mentions in the video, it would be awesome if CK could enhance on this.
    Thanks to forum member Sledge139 who started a thread about it.

Basically, during the refining process you can feed an old guitar track, or new track, etc, into the Kemper Return and the refining process will not only tone match the EQ but also attempt to match other parts of the tone, possibly distortion level, etc.

I like this idea because, about 7 years ago a friend of mine recorded an entire album by micing up and old home made amp, a 12 watt Solid State amp into an old 12" Vintage Greenback 25w speaker.
    He used Les Paul into an old Marshall Drivemaster pedal into the amp mic'd with (I cant remember the exact name of the mic).
    The tone was brilliant, but that was years ago, the amp is no more and now we want to retrieve that tone.

Listen here, from 5:07, Andy says he's mentioned it to CK..."I keep telling Christophe he should do this but he's not listening to me". :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We had this discussion before. The only new aspect that Andy Sneap was bringing in is using the original DI tracks for refining. Though this is a very nice idea, i think i would be of very limited use to most users. Getting the tonematching running is quite a bit of a challenge for many users already. But it would be only the original producers or artists that would have access to the original DI tracks. Andy is highly skilled and interested in technical things, but i don´t see many other producers coming up with packs of 100% tonematches.

• I guess with a few 'isolated guitar' tracks appearing this could be useful, but most of the ones i've heard so far have been pretty poor quality. The biggest and best use would be, as Guitartone states, recalling old guitar tones you may have recorded in the past and still have the DAW track to use. This I would find very useful, and I could see me going through all my old recording and creating a personal library for myself.