Profiles of famous amps?

• What profiles of famous amps exists out there? I've seen that The Amp Factory has a profile of a DR. Z Wreck [1] that I interpret as having been used by Brad Paisley at a live show in London. Aside from that there's of course the rather excellent Ace of Skunk Anansie rig pack.

Any others that you know of? Used by famous guitarists or amps used on a known record? I find this a fun selling point for the Kemper, after explaining how it does what it does, "listen to this amp, it's a copy of the actual amp used by so and so".

[1] - http://www.theampfactory.com/custom-shop/

• The Amp Factory claims (and I believe them :)) to have profiled the Hiwatt 100 David Gilmour used for "The Wall" and "Dark Side Of The Moon" as well!

P.S. I think this thread would rather fit in the "Commercial Profile" section for it is highly unlikely that there are too many famous amps out there for free. Or you split this thread into two (one non-commercial and one commercial)...

"Man goes into cage, cage goes into salsa. Shark's in the salsa. Our shark."

• My mate's got one of Malmsteen's old modded Marshall heads and a 4x12 to go with it (all the controls and I/O are labelled in Swedish with a sharpie!). I'm trying to persuade him to let me profile it!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Cool :)
    Yes Ive had a few legend amps in here, that "legends" created tone of rock on.. sadly for me I cant do what they do!!

Lets see, Ive had :-
    Gilmour HiWatt (as used on Darkside, Photos on my website)
    OASIS's rig, Orange amps. Its a modded amp designed for them, If your into orange its great!.
    Status Quo...Its a Marshall 800, but with less gain designed for them.. But no good to anyone as we can play more than 3 chords.
    Roger Waters Bassman (as used on Darkside) In the Fentastic pack, along with his bass profiles)
    Mark Knoflers Tweed twin (Vintage & Rare) & trainwreck (Pack 2)
    Dr.Z Wreck, Paislys amp he used.. he chose this one out of a few he could of used.
    Vox AC30 (Abby Road) Used by a zillion people...
    EvilRobot (its famous because I love it too much) <--this one allowed?
    Kossoff's Selmer (Vintage & rare) I think...
    Marshall from G.I.R.L.S (80's band) (Vintage & Rare) modded one.
    Claptons Fender Bandmaster (Fender toolkit)
    John Mayor's TwoRock CR
    Phil Collin sent me an amp and I cant rem what one it was... doh!
    Im forgetting some more.. but that's a jist of it..

• Cool :)
    [...]
    Mark Knoflers Tweed twin (Vintage & Rare) & trainwreck (Pack 2)

Kossoff's Selmer (Vintage & rare) I think...

So it was Knopfler's Trainwreck after all. I thought so when it came out and you were still keeping it secret as to who the owner was ;) Your brownface Vibrolux profiles sound so much like Dire Straits 1st Album, are you sure it's not the actual amp too?

But is the Selmer really Kossoffs actual amp? There is that ongoing rumor he recorded that famous solo with a Selmer T&B and going by the sound I am going to believe that, but I would have thought the whereabouts of the actual amp are not known.

• @Garrincha

Hello stranger, not seen you here for ages. hope things have been good!

Nope the Brownface was just an studio "bound" amp, was heavily used though but not sure who by... never know it might have been the "one"....the thing has got history!..

Kossoff DID use a few selmers to record with on occasion.This particular one was his backup rig, he never used it live, he used it to rehearse and record with. - I did not know this at the time, and learned in actually a few months ago when the guy I got it from was showing me his books!..sadly, the amp now has been sent to a museum in america somewhere..

• Hello Andy, I'm still around, still enjoying my KPA and your profiles. And I'm still buying them, the Abbey Road AC30 was my latest addition. I mostly check this forum on my phone when I'm outside for a smoke. But typing posts on a phone is still a major PITA for me so I don't write that much ;)

Mark still has his old Vibrolux, I saw it on a recent youtube interview with him. So yours probably wasn't his actual amp. But it sounds as if it was. I have a mapleneck Strat I bolted together for a 50s style strat and with that guitar it is spooky how close your Vibrolux profile is to the original recording. I have heard the isolated guitar track of Sultans of Swing so I could compare the raw take to what the KPA with your profile ist doing.

As for the guy with Kossoffs Selmer: Does "his books" mean he had written one or more books about Kossoff and his gear? If so care to mention the title? I would buy such a book in a heartbeat.

Anyway, when I used to bug you about profiling a Selmer T&B I wasn't sure if he even used one since it was only a rumor. And now we have a profile of Kossoffs actual amp. What great times for a guitarist!

• Ok Glad your still with us!.. I miss the knowledge you used to bring with each amp. your like a forum encyclopedia!..:)

When I meant the Books.. I meant as in Where it came from.. where it was serviced etc. not about him and his gear. (wish it was).. Im currently investigating a lead for SRV;s amps he used LIVE every-time.... and a lil birdie told me I can get them.. so we will see how this pans out!...

Be well, and see ya on another smoke break!..
    (on a side note) we can see how many you smoke a day by the amount of posts you have done! lol

• Topjimi has a 74 Lee Jackson modded Marshall profile that was owned by Paul Gilbert and used to record the first two Racer X albums, Street Lethal and Second Heat. http://www.topjimi.com/1974-Le…ll-Profiles-74LJMARSH.htm

I did not need to know that... I've been trying to stick with free profiles so far. Ah well, there goes $8. Which would be fine except I have a feeling that buying my first professional profile will be like opening Pandora's Box. :)