Remote order status

• Well mine finally came to my house!!! :)

I ordered mine April 1st and it was delivered to my door (in Virginia, U.S.A.) by July 28th.........which coincidentally is my birthday. :thumbup:

I am just now getting a chance to dig into it but WOW!! This pedal is extremely well made........very happy to finally have this piece of awesomeness. :)

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/e51v50h/videos

• I ordered mine April 1st and it was delivered to my door (in Virginia, U.S.A.) by July 28th.........which coincidentally is my birthday. :thumbup:

Wow! This is the third such B-day delivery occurrence.
    Got to wonder whether marketing is timing these deliveries like this, where they can.
    Or simply whether it's just our pleasant fortune.

At any rate, these are a truly quality accessory to our Kemper's to be sure.
    Enjoy!

Happy Kemper

• I was in hopes that I would get it by my birthday but didn't expect that to the day!! Haha. I'm loving this thing already!!! :)

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/e51v50h/videos

• Spooky as the orignal Maxell advert featured the voice of Pete Murphy from Bauhaus......who insipred me to play guitar!!! Meaningless trivia :)

Couldn't work out how to pay for it as had it as a credit card payment, but the kind person at kemper changed it to paypal and the deed is done... Mine is now ready ship!!! OMG..

• Spooky as the orignal Maxell advert featured the voice of Pete Murphy from Bauhaus......who insipred me to play guitar!!! Meaningless trivia :)

Couldn't work out how to pay for it as had it as a credit card payment, but the kind person at kemper changed it to paypal and the deed is done... Mine is now ready ship!!! OMG..

Haha, the waiting is almost over!!! Enjoy :thumbup:

• Kemper - you are a bunch of liars...I was told it would take 105 days to get my remote......and it's here in 47 days!!!!

Seriously, just had it delivered, not plugged it in yet but first impressions are it looks fantastic, reassuringly heavy etc...

Apart from it not being clear on how to pay ( which was solved in minutes) , the communication has been excellent throughout.

Very impressed!!!!!

Thanks Kemper team!!!!!!

• Okay, I apologize in advance if this question has been raised before...but there is no way I am reading through all 36 pages of this thread...

I am just curious as to the underlying reason for the long lead-time and backlog of orders for the remote. I mean, there never was this extreme variance between ordering an actual KPA, and having the order fulfilled. The KPA units (all four versions), have been regularly "in stock", more or less, since the product was launched...if my memory serves.

Yes, I realize that the Remote was launched recently, and that there is a built-in demand for it from existing KPA owners. So, yes, early on, there are going to be more orders for remotes than new orders for KPAs. In other words, it probably isn't a one-to-one correspondence. Perhaps it is as high as 4-5 Remotes ordered for every new KPA ordered, in a given month.

Nevertheless, wouldn't this have been foreseen by Kemper? Is something holding back production of the remotes as compared to the production of KPAs? Are they even produced in the same facility?

Also, I realize that the lead-times have been improving, dramatically, as compared to what they had been. Nevertheless, I am still curious as to why the situation occurred in the first place.

Not complaining, just curious.

Cheers,
    John

• None of us have any certainly of all the facts to answer with any authority, but I'll take a stab at your question as a best hunch/guess. Not to sound coy, but I expect it all comes down to supply and demand.

Consider the following:
    1. When the remote was initially released there was (and still perhaps is) a huge demand to supply all the interested customers.
    2. Let's say X represents how many Kemper units have already been sold. (Globally)
    3. Let's also say Y represents Kemper owners (as well as any added new customers) interested in the remote. (Many of us here were initially offered an incentive to buy ahead of vendor option purchasing)

Business-wise Kemper has to estimate the proper level of resources needed in order to meet all phases of a bell curve in it's manufacturing/assembly of the Remote.
    i.e. initial, mass production & it's subsequent waning phases

I suspect you've somewhat answered a portion of your own question with the observation that delay periods are now improving as of late.
    So, it could very likely be the aforementioned bell curve is now leaning towards balanced satisfaction of customer demand. (And might even improve going forward)

If this wasn't managed as such, (either now or later) too many resources would then need to be released in practical excess of the customer demand of the product.

There also could be external constraints (parts etc) which Kemper may have no scheduling control over.

Just my take on it.

Happy Kemper