Locking Definition Please!

• I would love to be able to lock the Definition parameter. Since it has such a big effect on the response of the amp to your particular guitar, I would like to be able to set the definition to say 3, and have it stay the same while I am cycling through different rigs. While for a final sound definition will probably need further tweaking, certainly certain guitars sound best in a particular range. Would this be possible?

Thanks!

• I agree it would be nice to lock definition, but i think even more useful would be a global multiplier, like requested for reverb mix. So you lower it for bright guitars but boost it for dark ones to get more consistent tone across the board.

I also think that so many profiles have Definition set to 10 that it may be worth expanding the range of the parameter to 15 or 20.

• When you posted "why is definition always at 10?" I wondered if you had somehow locked it at 10, but, I don't think that is possible, unless you have accidentally locked the entire amp Stack.

Are the other amp stack parameters the same with every rig?

Try a factory stock profile of an old Fender or Marshall - is Definition lower than 10?

thanks for the suggestions I had already tried all that before posting on the other thread. my Parkers seem to like a definition of between 3 and 4 depending on the profile. Even with other guitars, a definition of 8 or 10 seems excessive to me ...

• I agree it would be nice to lock definition, but i think even more useful would be a global multiplier, like requested for reverb mix. So you lower it for bright guitars but boost it for dark ones to get more consistent tone across the board.

I also think that so many profiles have Definition set to 10 that it may be worth expanding the range of the parameter to 15 or 20.

Not sure i know what you mean by global multiplier. Could you clarify please? But I think it would be cool to be able to lock each parameter and not only the whole section. Maybe one of the guys at Kemper could tell us if this could be a possibility?

• Like youd set a global parameter to a value of 0-200% and that gets multiplied by whatever the Definition param of the rig is. So lets say you set the multiplier to 50%. Then a rig with definition of 10 would effectively operate at a Definition of 5, while a rig with definition at 5 would sound like its definition is at 2.5

• Like youd set a global parameter to a value of 0-200% and that gets multiplied by whatever the Definition param of the rig is. So lets say you set the multiplier to 50%. Then a rig with definition of 10 would effectively operate at a Definition of 5, while a rig with definition at 5 would sound like its definition is at 2.5

Got it! Thanks. Sounds good but still, a lot of profiles are ok at 3 or 4. I'd hate to have those at 2... My (limited) experience is that a certain guitar seems to perform better at a quite specific setting. Then of course for final sounds you'll proably want to go in and tweak but an overall setting woud make auditioning dozens or hundreds of profiles much easier.

• Im not saying the idea of locking it is bad. But for my purposes, i would prefer a global multiplier. Really its a parameter of the profiling process, tied to each rig, not an extra tweak as we commonly use it. Locking it is basically the same as locking an eq in one of the stomps

• Im not saying the idea of locking it is bad. But for my purposes, i would prefer a global multiplier. Really its a parameter of the profiling process, tied to each rig, not an extra tweak as we commonly use it. Locking it is basically the same as locking an eq in one of the stomps

Got you.
    For me, while the EQ is something that affects the sound of a specific rig, Definition is so pervasive that it could grant the ability to be locked.

• I find that the amount of Definition I prefer changes not only with the guitar I use, but with the profile as well. So I prefer to resave the rigs with the right amount of Definition for me if I plan to use them (Vs. just noodling with them).
    It's weird for me to think of a fixed Definition, since it sounds so different across the rigs...

• I find that the amount of Definition I prefer changes not only with the guitar I use, but with the profile as well. So I prefer to resave the rigs with the right amount of Definition for me if I plan to use them (Vs. just noodling with them).
    It's weird for me to think of a fixed Definition, since it sounds so different across the rigs...

True, but don't you find the difference from guitar to guitar to be much bigger than from rig to rig?

• Mhhh... not really. Of course a strato will sound brighter and more chimey than an LP. I believe that one of the strengths of the Profiler is to respect an highlight the various instruments' personalities, so when I swap guitars I want and expect them to sound differently from each other. The Kemper delivers this in spades.

I treat my profiles as I would with an amp: after all, I'd tweak it differently if I changed guitar; so I prefer to save tweaked versions of the profiles I use depending on my needs. OTOH, I also have profiles whose tone I like with any guitar.

:)