Sweetwater WILL NOT carry Remote: Per CK

• Someone on TGP posted talking to a Sweetwater rep who said that Sweetwater will send a list of profile buyers to Kemper who bumps them to the top of the Remote order list and that the KPR ships out from Kemper's distribution in America. But then again, I've heard a lot of claims from Sweetwater that weren't true, so I'd take that with a grain of salt unless Kemper confirms it.

But I like the logic here. If a certain store doesn't sell me what I truly want, like a Milky Way Midnight chocolate bar, well, I'm not ever eating that bar. That will show them!!

• Buying from a local store offers other benefits. I can finance if I want, I can extend my warranty, my warranty would offer a replacement unit so I can still get by, extended warranty will,cover lemons or new replacement of same or same value. I also get to try it before buying. The store offers piece of mind shopping. It is also a customer/ store relationship for other things as well. I prefer to also support locally.

Some people might not understand why some prefer to shop locally in town, but rest assured many still do.

• Yes, I think it would be good to see products in stores, rather than order online, but it's not always possible, especially for "boutique" items like the Kemper and the Remote.

I'm pretty sure these must be a wait list of sorts for the original units. It's likely that the Remote will be available in stores later too. But that would mean not being an early bird, which some people really like out here, especially with tech! ^^

• I really feel for those that got caught up in the S/Water fiasco, it should never have happened,( maybe S/W should read this forum & be more informed) the bad is all that were involved had their hopes shattered (at least for now), I had a very hard time getting my order to go through the kemper store, got very frustrating, & I would have been a lot lower on the list if it didn't take me 3 days to complete the danged order, all I want to say is good luck to all & come on kemper SEND the K/R, roger

• Ok, ladies. Those who really want the thing will buy it online from Kemper. Those who don't will buy something else that works just as well for them.

Regarding Sweetwater; their prices are the same as any other online retailer or less. They are probably able to offer free shipping due to volume of orders from gear companies.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I reported this(Sweetwater) last week on another thread.
    I ordered from Sweetwater as well as the earlybird forum deal from the Kemper Store. I ordered Jan 14@ 19:20 hrs, I checked today my order has yet to be processed and I haven't found any approximate shipping date. I have sent two emails to the Kemper Store and have yet to have any response. This does not make me a very happy camper. X(

• Amm paying up front? Sorry, I marked my order to 'pay in advance' as per online store notes which means I pay when only when its ready to ship.Not a lot wrong with that. Eventually I'm sure the remote will be sold standalone via stores in the normal way. There could be a number of reasons why that is not possible initially. The way I look at it Kemper didn't want to hold their entire inventory until production had geared up but they still wanted to get some early units out there to loyal supporters like an early promo run. Thats never gonna fit with bulk supply to very large music retailers was it? Kemper could have held their water, not show it at NAMM, and waited until Q3 - I'm glad they didn't. Sweetwaters name is also prominent here - they are the one at fault not Kemper.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I reported this(Sweetwater) last week on another thread.
    I ordered from Sweetwater as well as the earlybird forum deal from the Kemper Store. I ordered Jan 14@ 19:20 hrs, I checked today my order has yet to be processed and I haven't found any approximate shipping date. I have sent two emails to the Kemper Store and have yet to have any response. This does not make me a very happy camper. X(

THIS is why I buy from Sweetwater. I can always count on them (Randy) for fast reliable customer service. And I can communicate needs concerns or problems in real time over the phone! ; )

• THIS is why I buy from Sweetwater. I can always count on them (Randy) for fast reliable customer service. And I can communicate needs concerns or problems in real time over the phone! ; )

@'whippingpost91850' : I'm not quite sure what the problem is. In the confirmation email, Kemper states that Early Bird orders will be fulfilled approximately March. Since then, there have been a few posts from Kemper officials stating that they're maybe looking at late February. The state of orders in the store must depend on which store you ordered from, as order numbers don't have the same format, which would also suggest different processing. Hang tight. I'm on the EB list and my order's not processed either.

LasVideo : I completely understand the security and ease of mind the personal touch gives you (Randy)

Cheers,
    Sam

• All: Based on mine and others with Sweetwater, I must believe that they were told by Kemper that THEY WOULD be selling the remote. If that isnt the case, please CK, speak up and set the record straight. If it is, set the record straight. I love my KPA and want a remote. That hasn't changed. What has however, is the "Warm and Fuzzy" feeling I used to have about Kemper. Perhaps that sounds naive, but it's now just another gear company.

BTW, I still have not heard back from Kemper since last Friday.
    Ron

• Maybe I shouldn't have canceled my early bird order. Maybe I could have made a couple bucks reselling mine!
    Just kidding but man this remote thing has been nothing but a pain in the ass for many.
    It is already overpriced, they launch it without even a full description on how it works, (you still don't know everything about it). The U.S. store wasn't even set up correctly even though they were selling them.
    Looper with Remote only deal....
    Too much silence from the Kemper camp.
    They throw a tidbit here and there. Makes you wonder if they are having technical problems with it or with manufacturing.

This Remote is far from worth its price and value to deal with all this drama.

Oh wait I forgot to add.........IMHO after every sentence.

• Buying from a local store offers other benefits. I can finance if I want, I can extend my warranty, my warranty would offer a replacement unit so I can still get by, extended warranty will,cover lemons or new replacement of same or same value. I also get to try it before buying. The store offers piece of mind shopping. It is also a customer/ store relationship for other things as well. I prefer to also support locally.

Some people might not understand why some prefer to shop locally in town, but rest assured many still do.

drog,

That's a great post and has many valid and well thought out reasons.
    You should contact Kemper with those points.
    They may alter their future rollout based on such solid logic.

• All: Based on mine and others with Sweetwater, I must believe that they were told by Kemper that THEY WOULD be selling the remote. If that isnt the case, please CK, speak up and set the record straight. If it is, set the record straight. I love my KPA and want a remote. That hasn't changed. What has however, is the "Warm and Fuzzy" feeling I used to have about Kemper. Perhaps that sounds naive, but it's now just another gear company.

BTW, I still have not heard back from Kemper since last Friday.
    Ron

There's no way Kemper told Sweetwater that they would be selling the Remote separately.
    Sweetwater must have jumped the gun and assumed they would be selling the Remote separately.

• Why are Kemper owners complaining, they can order the Remote direct from Kemper?

Why do you think Kemper are offering the Remote direct from their Store?...to keep the cost as low as possible to Kemper owners, that's why.
    So when Kemper do something specifically designed to benefit current Kemper owners, the owners still complain.

How do you please guitarists?...no matter what you do they still complain. :)

• Too much silence from the Kemper camp.
    They throw a tidbit here and there. Makes you wonder if they are having technical problems with it or with manufacturing.

which information are you missing? and why do you think we have technical problems? last time i've checked, we didn't even reach the limits of our shipping timeframe Q1/2015
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I don't mean to offend anyone but I don't quite get what the fuss is about. In my memory it was always explicit that KFC could only be purchased separately directly from Kemper. This makes a lot more sense to me as I doubt there is hard data as to how many potential buyers there are in each area serviced by resellers, and it would be crap for people in, for example, New Zealand (like me!) to miss out because too much stock was sent to a retailer elsewhere that won't ship internationally.

• which information are you missing? and why do you think we have technical problems? last time i've checked, we didn't even reach the limits of our shipping timeframe Q1/2015
    gs

The OP said he was told he could get one in June. That seems a ways off to me. How many people have asked this question on this board?
    It may very well be in the time frame posted. Just seems a bit out to some.

I don't know if they are having either of the problems. It is all just conjecture.
    If no one from Kemper answers questions "publicly", this will happen. Over and over. It has happened on this forum over and over. It will continue to happen if you guys keep ignoring peoples questions. Instead of "We have Spoken".
    My "silence" remark stems from so many people asking so many questions on here to never get an answer.

One of the big ones for me was the fact that you guys started selling the Remote BEFORE you even explained what the damn thing does and how it works. Pretty Apple esque if you ask me. "It is a Kemper and people will buy it, just because". Some will.
    I was guilty too until I came to my senses.
    We had to wait and the users on this board would eventually find a video here and there showing just another little piece of this this thing and its workings. When the whole time you were taking orders. Unless I missed something, there are still questions on its workings.
    I am glad that I finally learned enough of its limitations to see it wasn't for me before they were shipped so I could cancel my order.

I noticed you guys pick and choose what questions you will answer. There are way more that go unanswered. A quick reply from you guys would shut down a lot of conjecture all across this board.
    Whatever the reason for this is doesn't matter to me but as long as it continues this way, you will have people throwing out conjecture.

Why do all of your posts always start with "Last time I checked"? A bit pompous, you think?

So don't point the finger at me, I didn't create this environment. I am just hanging out in it.

Look, I really like the KPA....a lot. I am not a hater, I do have opinions and at times, I may be a little critical though, because I am the farthest thing from a "Yes man" like some on here.
    I find it hard to take someone serious when EVERY reply by them is in defense of the Kemper products, just because........
    Would I buy another product from Kemper? Sure, if it suits my needs, but this Remote does not in the least.

• The OP said he was told he could get one in June. That seems a ways off to me. How many people have asked this question on this board?
    It may very well be in the time frame posted. Just seems a bit out to some.

we have timeframe when we start shipping (Q1/2015) and we are building units since a while. so there is a good chance that most will receive their Remotes in a timely fashion. Early birds' orders get priority, independently of when they've ordered. the later you order, the more time it will take to get one. this will get better once we start shipping and reduce our backorder. what happens here is something totally expected and normal.

If no one from Kemper answers questions "publicly", this will happen. Over and over. It has happened on this forum over and over. It will continue to happen if you guys keep ignoring peoples questions. Instead of "We have Spoken".
    My "silence" remark stems from so many people asking so many questions on here to never get an answer.

we cannot answer every single question on this forum. there are to many posts. in order to get a guaranteed response, one should contact us by email or call our hotline. right now, we face high traffic - so in case we haven't answered a question, please bare with us, we do our best to get back asap.

One of the big ones for me was the fact that you guys started selling the Remote BEFORE you even explained what the damn thing does and how it works.

after rolling out the announcement on our website and issuing the press release, we've started to take orders. one can download the manual to get more details on Remote and i believe we've answered loads of technical questions on this forum as well. i'm pretty sure that we missed questions, but in difference to what you say, this is more down to not seeing those than not wanting to answer.
    in general: nobody has to buy Remote now, if one wants to wait for the press and user reviews to come in, why not doing so?

i would appreciate if we could continue this conversation in a friendly tone.

gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here