Sweetwater WILL NOT carry Remote: Per CK

• Ok, you have a 25 page thread on an editor request.
    While I have your attention, could you please give us something on where this stands if at all?
    If not on this thread could you reply on that thread?

I am friendly. :)

• Ok, you have a 25 page thread on an editor request. While I have your attention, could you please give us something on where this stands if at all?

Rig Manager 1.3 will roll out shorty and support aspects of the forth coming firmware 3.0. we also showed a technology preview of Rig Manager 2.0 at NAMM in january which allows to edit performances. 2.0. once this version is feature complete, we'll have more details and eventually a release date.
    but i cannot look into the future, for now, we don't have an editor. feature request in general, we totally appreciate and we take the freedom to leave those uncommented if we prefer to to. i think that's just fair.
    back to on topic things now, okay?
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• There's no way Kemper told Sweetwater that they would be selling the Remote separately.

Sweetwater must have jumped the gun and assumed they would be selling the Remote separately.

LOL! That statement sure sounds like you are ASSUMING knowledge for events you have no real evidence of. And you know what assuming does....

• Reading some of the greedy, unpolite, condescending things some Kemper owners write makes me sad.
    The Kemper profiler is revolutionary, the remote is a facilitator for live use (I am on the early bird list). We will get them when they are ready,
    Kemper has nothing to gain in purposely making things harder for their customers, what is wrong with some of you people.
    I've said it before on this forum (which I appreciate for the excellent help, info and comaraderie of being a kemper owner) but some of you people are embarrassingly
    immature. Think i will take up playing banjo instead and hang with people who are grateful for a new pair of dungarees and a felt plectrum.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• Apparently, people either want to know everything up front and want everything to go 110% smoothly. That's just not how it is in the real world of product development and bringing stuff to the market. Maybe people prefer total radio silence until the stock is there and everything is ready to ship for everybody??

I'm sure next time the Kemper guys will think twice about doing early bird programmes, giving info about what is on the horizon and generally interacting with users around those things, if this is the way it's going to be. Sadly.

• I just don't think it's right that even though some of us bought our profilers from places like sweetwater, guitar center or musician's friend, that we aren't able to also buy remotes from them but those that want both at the same time as a bundle are able to. I'd rather buy from Sweetwater because 1) I have credit there, 2), I have gift cards there, 3) I do most of my business there and they know me well and take care of me 4) I wanted to finance it since I don't have $600 to spend at once and probably never will. It's easier for me to pay $50/month until it's paid off. Before anyone says "well just save $50/month and then buy it direct"...that is true but it will take 10 months for that and I won't have the unit. That's a BIG dfiference for some of us.

Again, I have no ill will towards Kemper as I love the products but selling everything else they have put out through retailers and then NOT selling this just threw some of us off guard I think.

• I hear you skyhighrocks. Those are valid and serious considerations.

When it comes to price, I'm reminded of my Sweetwater experience when purchasing the Kemper.
    They were literally $296 higher than GC when I negotiated with 7 companies. That is almost 1/2 the price of the KPR.
    In fact, they were the 2nd highest of the 7 companies I received quotes from. Since then, other price comparisons routinely place them right at the top in a very uncompetitive way (price-wise) and when questioned about this they have stated easily that their customer support is the price you pay for not getting bargains. If that's their schtick, I admire them for sticking to their guns. I haven't seen that part pay off for the things I have purchased from them in terms of greater knowledge, and have found the information I've been given on specifications to be occasionally entirely incorrect. And I also had a huge hassle returning an item that was not what they told me it was. Had to call a manager to get it sorted out. So I currently stick to plugin purchases from them at the moment and only due to expedient downloads and support for those downloads and installs which they have been great with.

So if price is the issue, other retailers have famously done better from my 2 years of reading price reports on KPA purchases. Now that's nothing that's gonna help you with this KPR situation, but it is food for thought so you might negotiate with a number of companies in the future for large purchases, and being price conscious, see if that doesn't pan out for you. Many of us are in the same boat with that consideration. For your case, I'd wait until either Kemper alters this policy down the road, or used controllers come on the market.

• I just wish someone from Kemper would answer one of the 2 support emails I sent . I want to confirm my order is correctly on the early bird list and not just an order.
    The email I got this mornig stating the Remotes would start shipping next week ,came to my work Email???

• No doubt the rep makes a sizable difference. I asked for another rep and was told point blank "no" so sweetwater loses.

They don't do national reps as far as I can tell, only regional ones and won't allow another to represent me in this region. My GC rep is national. If Sweetwater would match others, I'd be Sweetwater-loyal too. Just not seeing it in North Carolina.

Don't folks know there is an internet going on?!?

Edited once, last by db9091 ().