Looking to replicate on kemper the "emulation" of acoustic guitar made with the AXE FX

• In the past I have a standard AXE FX, and I get a very good acoustic guitar emulation with my Stratocaster (neck pickup) + linear clean amp emulation, (dont remember what one have used exactly), but maybe a Fender or Roland Jazz Chorus, with its cab emulation changed for some IR of fishman Aura. The result was have to be refined with some EQ because IR adds some strange things in low mids, but after tweaked a little, the sound gets very "woody" because the IR and feels very very good, very realistic. You close your eyes and you cant believe that you was playing with a strat.
    I dont have AXE FX anymore (i have sell it and bought Kemper), and want to replicate some similar sound with Kemper. Have the Fishman Aura IR's, and want to try get some jazz chorus or Fender profile and convert some Fishman IR to Kemper format and try to put together to see what happens. :)

• Wait for FW3.0 (the beta 2.8 is now no longer available, sadly) and for a Merged Fender profile, then swap out the Cab for the IR (you'll have to convert the IR with Cabmaker 2.0 first, though). Might result in what you're looking for.

Cheers,
    Sam

• I'm also interested in creating a quality acoustic guitar emulation for the KPA.

I own a Fishman Aura Spectrum pedal. I also own Logic Pro, which has an input response utility that can be used to create IR's.

If I understand how this works I must follow these steps to get a good acoustic guitar emulation on the KPA:
    1. create an IR of the Aura with Logic's utility. Save the IR as a .wav file.
    2. import and convert it with Cabmaker 2
    3. Select a clean amp profile

Will this work, or am I missing something?

Also, while I plan to start with free cab IRs on the web, I'm interested in some of the Fractal Cab Packs.

you'll have to convert the IR with Cabmaker 2.0 first

Are the Fractal packs directly convertible via Cab Maker 2? I read the manual for CM V1.010. It says the IR must be in .wav format.

Scratch17

• I don't actually have any experience with Cabmaker, so I'm not sure what formats are compatible. However, if you missed the FW2.8 Beta, then I'd wait until FW3.0 is available, as any process involving swapping Cabs/IRs should behave much more accurately.

Cheers,
    Sam