How to copy all effects from one amp to another

• Im sure this has been covered but you know I am a bit lazy sometimes. I am trying to figure out and easy way to copy all my effects from one rig to another. I guess I still dont quite understand how to use the lock and or on/off effectively. i use the copy function frequently but Im looking to copy multiple slots at once.

• Or...... you could lock the effects go to the rig you want the effects on then press save. Unlock effects and all should be good

This is what I was trying to do but for some reason it wasnt working for me.. I guess I should learn how to use the lock feature. do you press lock then touch what you want locked ? Im sure this thread will prove useful for other noobs.

• It is the other way around -

For example:
    Press the "Stomps" button, and press Lock.
    Stomps are locked.

Lock button (7)
    The LOCK button will prevent a section or a module from being changed when you make rig changes. In other words, if you want to preserve all the settings for a module or section, press the Lock button. You could also refer to a module as being “global” when locked.
    Let”s say you want to lock a Wah effect on stomp A. To do this, choose or dial your desired Wah effect and press LOCK, while the Wah effect is still in focus. Now you can switch rigs as often as you want. The Wah will stay on stomp A until you unlock it again.
    Another example would be to lock the reverb in its bypassed state, to make sure that all the rigs will sound dry for the rest of the session. To do this, bring the reverb into focus by pressing REVERB for half a second. Then switch it off, and press LOCK. This way, you can prevent the reverb from being switched on by the next change of rig.
    You can also use the lock function creatively to find new combinations between several sections. For example: you can lock the stack section once you have found your favorite amp/cabinet combo, and then switch rigs, so you can try this amp with stomp and effects from other rigs.
    Locking a module will only prevent it from being changed when you select a different rig. However you can still edit parameters of locked modules as usual. And you can still browse and recall local presets for locked modules.
    To get an overview about the lock state of the modules: press and hold LOCK, and the status of the button LEDs will change - all locked modules will be lit, while all non-locked modules remain unlit. To lock or unlock individual modules, press their respective buttons while holding the LOCK button.
    The LOCK function works completely independent for Performance Mode and Browse Mode. So you could, for example, lock your Input section in Browse Mode while keeping it unlocked in Performance Mode.

• If you hold a section or block button to enter edit mode for the block or section, you just press Lock to lock/unlock that block or section.

If you are not in edit mode for a block or section (like when you press the Exit button), you can press and hold the Lock button. While holding it, all locked blocks/sections are lit up. If you want to lock additional ones, you press that button while continuing to hold Lock.

For your purposes, load the rig, hold lock, and while continuing to hold it, press Stomps and Effects. Then let go of lock - all stomps and effects are locked and you can load other rigs with those stomps/effects brought over

• If you hold a section or block button to enter edit mode for the block or section, you just press Lock to lock/unlock that block or section.

If you are not in edit mode for a block or section (like when you press the Exit button), you can press and hold the Lock button. While holding it, all locked blocks/sections are lit up. If you want to lock additional ones, you press that button while continuing to hold Lock.

For your purposes, load the rig, hold lock, and while continuing to hold it, press Stomps and Effects. Then let go of lock - all stomps and effects are locked and you can load other rigs with those stomps/effects brought over

Thanks for that thorough explanation. Now I really get it.. This is what I really was trying to do. The other method I can lock that section only. So it's more difficult to say move stomps pre and effects post all at once.. This thing is so flexible and I'm still learning new things continuously

• [quote='Ingolf','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18735-HOW-TO-COPY-ALL-EFFECTS-FROM-ONE-AMP-TO-ANOTHER/?postID=202645&#post202645']You could also make a preset from your favourite FX and stomp configuration and retrieve that in another rig.[/quote
    Ingolf , since this has become like a navigating your kemper for dummies(me) tutorial .. Would you care to explain how to do this ? It's not getting into my thick head. How would I make such a preset without an amp or in other words an entire rig ?

• You could lock all the stomps and effects that you want to copy, then load the second rig. After that, unlock them and save the rig.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer