pat metheny rig?

• Tried to find something methenyish on a lazy sunday :) I find the Vintage Chorus to sound quite good with a high depth and 50% mix. Else there is tap delay and hall with a +40% Del+Rev Balance.

Everything else is quite wrong...the guitar, the strings, the pick (2mm thick...too much "click" in the pick attack) and it's captured with a recorder in a chair besides the (mono) cab. But it does at least sound methenyish from where I sit :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tried to find something methenyish on a lazy sunday :) I find the Vintage Chorus to sound quite good with a high depth and 50% mix. Else there is tap delay and hall with a +40% Del+Rev Balance.

Everything else is quite wrong...the guitar, the strings, the pick (2mm thick...too much "click" in the pick attack) and it's captured with a recorder in a chair besides the (mono) cab. But it does at least sound methenyish from where I sit :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very nice and metenish! :thumbup:

• It would be nice if we could run a couple more delays, but that is not possible (unless you use an external effect too). His sound is more about the effects filling space, you do not need much of the effect.
    Here are the effects and settings I use for a Pat Metheny sound. I play a Gibson ES-175, or Ibanez PM20, both with flat wound strings.

Rig: (you could use a JC120 if you like)
    /13 JRT9/15 (MBritt)

Effects:
    Air Chorus depth 1.9, Crossover 1335 Hz
    Free Delay, mix 3.3, Time 453ms, Ratio 4.4, Feedback 4.7, Bandwidth 1.3, Center Freq -2.5, Modulation 2.5
    ducking and volume 0
    Reverb Hall, mix 13.4, balance 0, time 0.8, damping 5.4, pre delay 81ms, bandwidth 2, Frequency -1.5,
    ducking 0, volume -1.1

Eq your amp as needed, enjoy

• I don't found any "free delay" with that options on kemper, could you be more specific on this?