Studio Monitors for Kemper

• skoczy - Have you tried the more recent HS8 / HS7 series and how do they compare to the HS80M? I'm not too worried about the size of the monitors and would assume the HS7 would be a little quieter anyway but let me know what you think. The Equator D5 is high on my list but I'd prefer to buy second hand and haven't seen any on the market.

NO. I haven't tried HS8/HS7 - just HS80M. But! Before I bought HS80M I had a chance to play Yamahas MSP5 (first revision) hooked to the Kemper. WOW, man the sound was sooooo bigggggg and true. I was much impressed, so was impressed the man (kind of sound engineer) that I bought my telecaster from - this tele on avatar. We were playing this telecaster on some JVM hooked to 4x12 Marshall cabinet. Then we put both speakers (MSP5) on top of JVM and played tele on some factory MESA rig. Really, these speakers seem small, but have plenty of power, musical power and the recreation of guitar amp was really accurate.

Unfortunately I didn't have funds for monitors then only for guitar. And when I had money to buy monitors I think I made mistake. I was reading forums etc for "something even better". And I bought HS80M instead buying something that worked for me.

If you have a chance - try them. Yamaha MSP5.