Till´s Cablab ( Till Schleicher )

• I was just about to Import the free Profiles (thanks for them) and then I realized, currently the Direct Amp Profile pack is in my "Last Imported" folder on my Kemper, if I Import these free Tills Profiles they'll replace the FW 3.0 Profile pack in my "Last Imported" folder, how will I find them again when I demo FW 3.0 tomorrow in a music store? :)

• I was just about to Import the free Profiles (thanks for them) and then I realized, currently the Direct Amp Profile pack is in my "Last Imported" folder on my Kemper, if I Import these free Tills Profiles they'll replace the FW 3.0 Profile pack in my "Last Imported" folder, how will I find them again when I demo FW 3.0 tomorrow in a music store? :)

Maybe use the sort to "date" option...?

• Thank you the freebies! I tried swapping the cab from Cablab 003 into my profile JVM410HJS-V30 (on RE here). I prefer the Satriani JVM because it's more traditional and smoother than the stock JVM. Anyhow a lot of people liked my profile with the v30 cab, but I didn't quite like it myself because of that v30 fizzies in the upper mids which might sound great for modern metal, but I'm more of an 80's guy. So I swapped in that cab from your free 003 profile and it really got me where I wanted, even though mine is a older type profile, not 3.0 version.
    Just curious if you recorded the settings for that cab/mic combination as I would like to know what it is for future reference.

• Thank you the freebies! I tried swapping the cab from Cablab 003 into my profile JVM410HJS-V30 (on RE here). I prefer the Satriani JVM because it's more traditional and smoother than the stock JVM. Anyhow a lot of people liked my profile with the v30 cab, but I didn't quite like it myself because of that v30 fizzies in the upper mids which might sound great for modern metal, but I'm more of an 80's guy. So I swapped in that cab from your free 003 profile and it really got me where I wanted, even though mine is a older type profile, not 3.0 version.
    Just curious if you recorded the settings for that cab/mic combination as I would like to know what it is for future reference.

Thx... Would love to hear your results :thumbup:

roughly 50% PR20, 20% SM57, 30% C3000. A little bit of post EQ with high pass and low pass to cut off the useless frequencies

• Thx... Would love to hear your results :thumbup:

roughly 50% PR20, 20% SM57, 30% C3000. A little bit of post EQ with high pass and low pass to cut off the useless frequencies

Which cab and speaker did you use though? The file says "Recto 4x12/1960". I don't know if it actually is both at the same time, or you have the same tag on all the profiles and it could be one or the other. You also said the 1960 is a mix of T75 and v30 and I like that mix.
    You can try it yourself, just grab my profile from the RE and swap the cab ;)

• Bought the pack, went to the rehearsal room and fired the profiles up... they sound killer when playing through a gutiar cab. Today I experimented a little with the Cab profiles... FW3 really is a BIG step forward - and this profile pack (or should I say cab pack?) really kicks ass. The cab profiles are superb. I took my Duotone and made some simple silent DI cabs only using a reactive load. Added Tills cabs afterwards... and boom - AWESOME!

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Any chance you´ll split those up aswell so people can just buy the metal-cabs, crunch-cabs etc. in different packs?

Not at the moment. I always liked the idea of not being too fixed on certain brands or styles and just let your ears decide. So a universal "toolkit" seems nicer to me. I hope to expand the cablab with free updates in the future.

• Which cab and speaker did you use though? The file says "Recto 4x12/1960". I don't know if it actually is both at the same time, or you have the same tag on all the profiles and it could be one or the other. You also said the 1960 is a mix of T75 and v30 and I like that mix.
    You can try it yourself, just grab my profile from the RE and swap the cab ;)

On this profile, it was the SM57 on the G12T75. It´s not that present as on other profiles. But it adds someting of that special 80s grinding crunch. I really love that tone in combination with a V30. If you still use 4 x 12 cabs, try a mixed combination of those two speakers. It´s the same setup as on the Bogner Überschall Cabs. Loving it!!!

• I took DI profiles from the speaker out since day one. However all DI amp profiles within this pack were created with 3.0 and the merge function was used. I see a lot of confusion about DI profiles in the future. Even with DI amp profiles, you cannot be sure if someone used a real cab as reactive load connected or a load box with a static load. The difference in sound is huge.

Hi Till

I'm a bit confused :) are the cabs in this pack done with the FW 3.0, or is it only the amp (DI) portion of the profiles (and then merged with earlier version cabs)?

• Hi Till

I'm a bit confused :) are the cabs in this pack done with the FW 3.0, or is it only the amp (DI) portion of the profiles (and then merged with earlier version cabs)?

Some of the initial Studio profiles were captured before 3.0. But since the profiling of the studio profiles and the cabs has not changed from V2.x to 3.0, this makes no difference in sound. The only thing 3.0 changes is that DI profiles are autodected during profiling and only 3.0 DI profiles can be used for the new merging function in order to make the monitor out signal more authentic. However, the local cabs and the merged rigs in this pack were all created and stored in the file format. So 3.0 is required to run this pack.

• Amazing job Till. I have your first set of cabs and thought I would never let go of number 11. These new cabs have me in a sonic dream. Before rehearsal today I tried as many as I could and each one brought a whole new spectrum of tone from my Kemper. Not sure if I will ever narrow this volume down to just one.

Maybe we can get CK to setup a CC switch to just change cabs with the remote.

Once again great job and thanks so much for making these available to everyone.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• hi
    Very good profiles I'am really glad for purchase. Its have a good natural sound I recommend for anyone who likes clean and metal sounds.

• I've tried the freebies with a few other profiles, just locking the cab portion of the profile and going through some other amps. They really improve the sound on many of them. There are some profiles, even commercial ones that I find not 'open' enough for my liking and these cabs really helped bring them to life. I'll be looking at buying these once I get paid;)