Till´s Cablab ( Till Schleicher )

• Limited time introduction & promotion offer:Buy the new cablab pack and post a little review in this thread and get a full pack of all 12 channels of the Marshall JVM 410H as firmware 3.0 compatible DI amp profiles for free!!!
    Just send me a pm in the Kemper forum or send a mail to “admin [at] tillschleicher.com. Please include the link with of your review and your mail address. The bonus JVM pack will then be mailed to you as soon as possible.

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5902643/cablab_pic1.JPG][tt][/tt]
    Cab Lab – Build your dream sound

Following the classic cab pack this new cab pack offers a great variety of tones right at your hand.

The new KPA 3.0 firmware radically improves the way of using DI amp profiles. Used in combination with traditional guitar cabs, the KPA reaches a new level of realism. Taking DI profiles at the speaker output of your amp makes profiling with invidual amp settings very easy even for users who are not experienced in miking up guitar cabs.

Combined with new cabinet profiles from CabLab, you can tailor the sound individually to your own taste. With a making time of over one year with over 2000 source profiles, this extract of highly indivdual cab profiles offers something for any taste in guitar tones. The profiles from CabLab can be used either in a studio FRFR environment or feeding the FOH PA live, while a traditional guitar cab can be driven with the DI amp profile for maximum realism. Get the best of both worlds now even at the same time!!!

A wide range of cabs, speakers and microphones were used to offer a big variety of tones.

Each cab profile comes bundled with a 3.0 compatible merged DI profile taken from a Marshall JVM 410H. Feel free to combine the cab sections with any of your favourite amp or DI profile and create new tones that fit your individual style. Or simply play the full rigs as they are.

Microphones used: AKG C3000, Shure SM57, Heil PR20, CAD D189 and others.

Included in this pack:
    Mesa Recto Oversized 4 x 12 + Marshall 1960 – 31 profiles for modern metal and rock

Combines the forces of a Mesa Recto 4 x 12 Oversize and a special Marshall 1960ST cab with isolated speaker chambers. Using combinations of Celestion Vintage 30 and G12T75 speakers these profiles are great for modern rhythm and lead tones. Great for metal and modern rock. Huge lowend chunk with roaring mids and biting high end will help your tone cut even dense mixes.

Metal Audio demo: several reamping passes with a small selection of the included cabs. Same Marshall JVM DI amp profile, OD1 Orange channel, no postprocessing on guitars

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Metal Audio demo: "Breaking the cycle" by Ola Englund´s Feared - Guitars reamped using cablab profiles

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Marshall 1960 TV with G12M25 Greenbacks: 17 profiles ideal for Blues, Rock and singing solos

Classic tone with a lot a midrange character. Great for dynamic low to medium gain playing or singing solos. Awesome for blues and rock.

Crunch tones audio demo: several reamping passes with a small selection of the included cabs. Same Marshall JVM DI amp profile, Crunch Red channel, no postprocessing on guitars

Marshall 1960 with G12H30 and Jensen C-12K:10 profiles ideal for sparkling clean tones

Sweet and sparkling clean tones. Glassy chords and huge amount of presence. Best suited for low gain and clean tones. Great when combined with modulation, reverb and delay.
    clean tones audio demo: several reamping passes with a small selection of the included cabs. Same Marshall JVM DI amp profile, Clean Green channel, no postprocessing on guitars

As a little teaser here´s a pack of 6 free test profiles...

• Pants crapped!

Way to get out ahead of this 3.0 thing. This is exactly what i was hoping someone would do.

Unfortunately i have other obligations that are going to prevent me from giving a good review soon, but ill try to get into this while the promotion is still going

• I'm very tempted to get these as they sound great. My only worry about the idea with di profiles and blended cabs for frfr is that I'll end up tweaking all the time and that's the reason I went for kemper over fractal: I do not like tweaking but prefer to play. Although the only way to find out is to go for it I guess, so getting these and installing beta 3 is probably a good starting point as at least I know these cabs will be top notch

• I think 3.0 alleviates the tweaking issue. Instead of finding full profiles with good amp AND cab profiles, then having to tweak the amp via pre eq or od's in front, i can find a few solid cab profiles, lock them, and test ALL the available amp profiles (provided they are merged) for some amp. So profiles that may have otherwise been throw aways get new life.

Am i wrong ab 3.0?

• I think 3.0 alleviates the tweaking issue. Instead of finding full profiles with good amp AND cab profiles, then having to tweak the amp via pre eq or od's in front, i can find a few solid cab profiles, lock them, and test ALL the available amp profiles (provided they are merged) for some amp. So profiles that may have otherwise been throw aways get new life.

Am i wrong ab 3.0?

This is a great approach indeed. It just multiplies your options without having to tweak anything. Either lock an amp profile that you like and browse through all the cabs until you are happy. Or just the other way round, lock the cab and browse the rigs. No need to tweak anything. I love the KPA for this...

• Till, I'd be extremely interested in an overview of all the different mic'ing schemes used for these profiles (also the free ones - I haven't yet purchased the pack, but I just might :-))

I just really like to know the mic setup for all my profiles. Most of them don't include this info, and it's such a great learning tool.
    Do you think that'd be something you could do?

• Till, I'd be extremely interested in an overview of all the different mic'ing schemes used for these profiles (also the free ones - I haven't yet purchased the pack, but I just might :-))

I just really like to know the mic setup for all my profiles. Most of them don't include this info, and it's such a great learning tool.
    Do you think that'd be something you could do?

I always use combinations of mics: AKG C3000, Shure SM57, Heil PR20, CAD D189 and others.

Other than that i do not like static schemes. It´s always moving mics and setting up the mixing and EQing until it sounds good. Then taking profiles in all different kinds of variations. And later selecting the best ones. For this pack i took nearly 2000 profiles over the last year.

• Just thinking about those 2000 profiles over the last year, does that mean not all profiles are made with new profiling method?

I took DI profiles from the speaker out since day one. However all DI amp profiles within this pack were created with 3.0 and the merge function was used. I see a lot of confusion about DI profiles in the future. Even with DI amp profiles, you cannot be sure if someone used a real cab as reactive load connected or a load box with a static load. The difference in sound is huge.

• I took DI profiles from the speaker out since day one. However all DI amp profiles within this pack were created with 3.0 and the merge function was used. I see a lot of confusion about DI profiles in the future. Even with DI amp profiles, you cannot be sure if someone used a real cab as reactive load connected or a load box with a static load. The difference in sound is huge.

Kemper does not use the term "DI Profile".
    (The only way for us to end the confusion for many users is to use the official names for different types of profiles)

If they were created with a direct box connected between the amplifier and speaker, the official term is "Direct Amplifier Profiles". If they were made with a Direct box WITHOUT a real cabinet connected (with a load box or from a line out), they are "Direct Profiles".

• I took DI profiles from the speaker out since day one. However all DI amp profiles within this pack were created with 3.0 and the merge function was used. I see a lot of confusion about DI profiles in the future. Even with DI amp profiles, you cannot be sure if someone used a real cab as reactive load connected or a load box with a static load. The difference in sound is huge.

Thanks for information!
    Tried your teaser, sounds Great!