Till´s Cablab ( Till Schleicher )

• It´s mainly a matter of how you like to approach a sound. Imo, exchanging cabs is the perfect way to NOT have to tweak anything. Either i select a cab that i like, lock it, and then just browse quickly through all kind of rigs until i am completely satisfied. Or the other way round, i have a amp that i like, and just exchange the cabs. It takes just some minutes and you may end up with a new rig that even sounds better than both components on their own. However, the most important thing is that you completely rely on your ears. Way too many players are fixed on certain brands or amps and simply do not really listen...

• That's a good point! I've been thinking about this and I think I'm going to take the plunge! Just purchased! I love your cab profiles you let use test ride and already use them alot, and your old cabs you gave for free have been a real blessing, so in some ways I owe to be a customer. Thanks again! Is the offer for a full pack of all 12 channels of the Marshall JVM 410H as firmware 3.0 compatible DI profiles for free still on?

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• That's a good point! I've been thinking about this and I think I'm going to take the plunge! Just purchased! I love your cab profiles you let use test ride and already use them alot, and your old cabs you gave for free have been a real blessing, so in some ways I owe to be a customer. Thanks again! Is the offer for a full pack of all 12 channels of the Marshall JVM 410H as firmware 3.0 compatible DI profiles for free still on?

Sure, just drop me an email and the JVM DI pack will be sent out to you asap. Thx for the nice words :thumbup:

• Just purchased everything from Till's what's not to like about these incredibly dynamic profiles, he has the magic touch!

Thx :thumbup:

Here´s a quick metal reamp of an old Song of Ola Englund´s Feared ... Using cablab profiles...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A quick recording of the first thing that came to me. CabLab added a lot of clarity for me and am looking forward to playing around with these. Hope that there will be a Chimera CabLab in the works one day.

Edit: Just went and played some more and it is CabLab 001 not 015, though they all sound pretty good.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by K3MP3R ().

• I noticed something weird: If I lock cab X and browse to rig Y the rig sounds different than when I load rig Y and the change the cab to cab X.
    Anyone else noticed this? it shouldn't be different

(using merged rigs)

• I noticed something weird: If I lock cab X and browse to rig Y the rig sounds different than when I load rig Y and the change the cab to cab X.
    Anyone else noticed this? it shouldn't be different

(using merged rigs)

That does sound strange. Both rigs (X and Y) are merged, I assume?

Maybe open a support ticket so the company can take a look at it - in case it is a glitch in the firmware:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/contact-us

• BTW, Till...

In your manual you outline a procedure for adding your cabs to direct amp profiles where you merge the two after applying the cab to the DA profile. I think this MAY not be the best way to do it, as the cab has already gone through the process. But the manual is very vague on this, and there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the issue. Any insights?

(see for instance third last post from the bottom here: Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...)

(also: love cab016 :-))

• Not merging an already merged cab again seems the logical answer. I agree that there has been a lot of confusion. Before the Messe Video by Olli Lohmeier and Helge from Kemper i wasn´t aware that merging does process and replace the cab profile. I would say: Simply try out whats works best for you and trust your ears. All that "to merge or not to merge" discussion seems like a bit overrated to me. Imo, going FRFR is the only way to really use the KPA to its full potential in the long run. Those times when i used the KPA with guitar cabs i was completely happy even with the old method.
    I tried all my cabs with any possible configuration: Loading inside new and old studio profiles, as well as in combination with old and new DI amp profiles and also merging with new DI amp profiles. There seem to be differences in sound in any of these methods but i would not say that any method sounds clearly superior. Imo that´s not a bad thing. There are so many variables within each user setup that finding your tone can very challenging but it´s also very satisfying if you get there.

• Not merging an already merged cab again seems the logical answer. I agree that there has been a lot of confusion. Before the Messe Video by Olli Lohmeier and Helge from Kemper i wasn´t aware that merging does process and replace the cab profile. I would say: Simply try out whats works best for you and trust your ears. All that "to merge or not to merge" discussion seems like a bit overrated to me. Imo, going FRFR is the only way to really use the KPA to its full potential in the long run. Those times when i used the KPA with guitar cabs i was completely happy even with the old method.
    I tried all my cabs with any possible configuration: Loading inside new and old studio profiles, as well as in combination with old and new DI amp profiles and also merging with new DI amp profiles. There seem to be differences in sound in any of these methods but i would not say that any method sounds clearly superior. Imo that´s not a bad thing. There are so many variables within each user setup that finding your tone can very challenging but it´s also very satisfying if you get there.

For the time being, I'm "there" with one of the Friedman HBE profiles TimOwens did for me, with some small EQ and amp tweaks and your cab016 ;)

• A quick recording of the first thing that came to me. CabLab added a lot of clarity for me and am looking forward to playing around with these. Hope that there will be a Chimera CabLab in the works one day.

Edit: Just went and played some more and it is CabLab 001 not 015, though they all sound pretty good.

External Content soundcloud.com

I Like that!

• Same here. Just purchased and downloaded the CabLab. I can't wait to try them out through my brand new XiTone 1x12 passive Wedge. I will drop back in later tonight to provide a short review.