Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• Hi.
    I've start searching of a looper MIDI messages after some user post: who accidentaly activated it in FW 2.6.0:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ooping-problem-with-midi/

I believed there is a magical MIDI message that activate the LOOP recording an playing.

You can read some of the story here:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…i-footswitches/?pageNo=1&

I began searching with web Jazz Plugin - based on simple html script that loop trough start NRPN to end NRPN messages sending to them 1 and 0.
    I'm mostly home/bedroom player and i don't know if I need a Remote ( which is a fine piece of gear nicely integrated with KPA) to play in my home.

Peto helped me to search trough a lot of NRPN messages .

AND WE HAVE FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

It's working on FW <3.0 Public Beta

It's working like a charm:) No latencies:) at the moment we are searching for other looper buttons/functions- but maybe the next NRPN commands will do.

Sean made a nice demo video using Liquid Foot+ Controller (thanks for this;) .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

http://youtu.be/-mxsvNjQV1o

UPDATE : Maybe two words about our intentions (I will quote Peto because its also my feelings - and My English is terrible):

There is no reason for bad feelings here and/or accuse Kemper :)
    They only chose, to make Looper with Advanced functions and for those functions they needed own controller. With Remote you can do extra tasks with "press&hold" buttons. I am sure, not all of generic MIDI controllers can do this. They decided to give Remote users the best possible experience from looper. We could discuss here, if 30s are enough for best possible experience, but that is not what I am talking here. i talk about control of the looper. But many of us don't need best possible experience with 6 buttons, leds and display. :) That's the message we are trying to carry.

So please don't make flame in this thread.

So here is the info:

UPDATE:
    Thanks to Peto hard work you can test basic looper functions(see attachment):

You have to install Jazz Plugin from here:
    http://jazz-soft.net/download/Jazz-Plugin

The sad news is : with new official FW 3.0 posted today Looper is not working anymore ;(
    Update 15.03.2015:

We have nice Info from CK and Timo:)

We
    have made the Looper NRPNs available again in the public beta

Mea culpa. Indeed, the code for this somehow wasn't
    patched to the stable code branch by mistake. It will appear in the
    next version, promise.

UPDATE 28.02.2015:

Thank you Christoph for response and explanation:

Dear KPA team - please make looper
    available also for us - who don't need Remote at the moment and still
    would like to use Looper function which is apparently present in our
    Profilers and is usable also with MIDI. We don't ask much. We don't need
    fancy display on Remote to use looper. Simple message about looper
    state on KPAs display will be enough for us.

Best Regards
    Damian Greda

• I guess this is the part where I should act surprised that you can actually have basic control of the looper via midi...I imagine I can play around with my liquid foot and have those purdy little screen display what the little buttons are doing.....who would have thought that would be possible :D

• i think the KPR is a brilliant piece of gear but way too expensive! AND i would have to buy some extra pedals. i already own the behringer fcb1010 and the zoom g9.2tt - they work perfect for me... 500€ for a 30sec looper...?!? i would love to have it included, but if i should decide between a KPR and 2 expression pedals on the floor (cost me 700€) OR my midi footcontroller and f.e. a ditto looper or even the digitech jamman(?) (new cost 100-150, all together 300-400€) it's not that hard to decide...

• i think the KPR is a brilliant piece of gear but way too expensive! AND i would have to buy some extra pedals. i already own the behringer fcb1010 and the zoom g9.2tt - they work perfect for me... 500€ for a 30sec looper...?!? i would love to have it included, but if i should decide between a KPR and 2 expression pedals on the floor (cost me 700€) OR my midi footcontroller and f.e. a ditto looper or even the digitech jamman(?) (new cost 100-150, all together 300-400€) it's not that hard to decide...

Remote have some very good features like automatic stomp assignment , display , one cable etc etc ... fully integrated - it's not just a looper . So I don't see any collision to make MIDI loop working again in fw 3.0

• It would be great if you or Peto could make a video, Damian! I think that would outweigh anything else we could say in support of this "feature" being continued in future firmware revisions.

Good idea - but I don't have any Midi controller right now. So I'm using html script to send NRPN messages.
    If you want to test Looper use Jazz plugin - and attached html page with your MIDI interface.

• Good idea - but I don't have any Midi controller right now. So I'm using html script to send NRPN messages.
    If you want to test Looper use Jazz plugin - and attached html page with your MIDI interface.

That would be as intuitive as just using a looper within Cubase unfortunately, i.e. not very plug and play. I'd really like to get a looper through a footswitch, I really can't imagine how it would be very difficult to reserve a CC number that was identical to the NRPN location that is/was being used for the looper. Just a basic looper, not even the advanced functions! How difficult could it be! If the feature was initially being tested through midi, I don't see why the feature cannot be retained, at any rate. Perhaps it interferes with the design of 3.0, no clue really, I just think it would be cool for people with their own floorboards.