Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• A few points to make, I have already spent more on a controller than what the KPR would have cost me, the KPR was not available and I need a controller, it is not my failing that the remote took so long to materialize. Second point, the KPR does not have enough midi depth to meet my needs so I would not have bought one. Third point, I have stated on here that I am willing to pay something for access.......I am not looking for a free ride or for anyone individual to call me a twat simply because they feel their opinion has more value than mine.

• This is the last!

The point I'm trying to make is Kemper just lost hundreds of potential customers of the Remote because someone "Community Hacked and reverse engineered" their product!

You think, there are hundreds of customers, who buy the remote to get access to a 30second looper?
    I wouldn't do that and I don't think so, but who knows, if it's true.

• Thanks for the tremendous interest in the Looper :)

I suppose this will be my last request on the matter.

If you don't feel like the MIDI implementation meets your standards to officially support it, will you at least consider removing the block you placed on it's functionality in FW 3.0?

Thank you for your consideration and for listening.

• Peto wrote:And if answer is "NO" or "NOT-YET", is it possible to re-enable those NRPNs.Not exactly, it would need a complete feature implementation that is not even yet scheduled, that's what Christoph said.

OK Timo I understand that. Thank you for the answer. :) I appreciate that.

TBH I didn't expect any official response to this thread. It surprised me in a good way.
    I think this thread fulfilled it's mission. Mothership is aware of our interest in looper and it's possible that it will make it into the schedule. And that's good.

I am not sure if I am entitled to report bug about looper... (I don't have Remote) ;) but:
    During the use of the looper through MIDI I found out, that after I lay down eg. 3 overdubs, the peak output led starts to clip and clipping is also audible.I don't know if the same is happening with remote, but I suppose that it is. Shouldn't there be some kind of volume control in relation to overdubs?

• Not sure you will get much tech support on this one Peto.

:D
    I do not expect any. I don't plan to use the looper as is. It was meant more like report of possible bug, which other Remote users might not find out yet. You know, they might be busy setting up their performances and programming stomp switches. ;) And I don't monitor Remote threads as I don't need one ATM.
    My report can be ignored and I don't request any solution to it.

I know you were joking. ;)

• Nice thread. I like it. A lot of emotions. Although I bought remote and I already had some second-thoughts, this issue described here with a looper could lead to canceling my order. I mean, obviously first thought was I paid for something that was already implemented and could be used with other hardware. But is this really implemented in the state that Kemper could provide it to users? Anyway, I really believe in good intentions of Kemper. So far they did not disappoint us at all with all those updates and implementing new features to KPA. Somehow I'm sure, that by buying KPA remote I'm investing money into something that will offer even more over time.

I also understand that someone would like Kemper to unlock midi control for looper in 3.0 and I actually agree here. But that also raises other questions, like support of this feature with other controllers etc.

• I also understand that someone would like Kemper to unlock midi control for looper in 3.0 and I actually agree here. But that also raises other questions, like support of this feature with other controllers etc.

I don't mind if they offered zero support for the looper functionality over MIDI. My request is that they remove the feature block they implemented in 3.0

• I see your point. Only problem is, people tend to forget. If Kemper says that they would offer no support, but they would unlock it, of course most of us here will keep this in mind. But I know for a fact (real case in my IT company) that after some time, if such non-supported "feature" cause trouble to anyone, it can turn into nightmare which may have even worse impact. Suddenly out of nowhere 50 other users report that "this is being offered, yet it's not supported, you suck" only because of such gesture of good will.

• CK, thanks for chiming in on this topic. Definitely appreciate that you want the features to work across a wide range of controllers. I also am hoping that I correctly heard "that's not a project that's being worked yet". Emphasis on YET .

keep up the great work on this revolutionary product, love the support you provide to the user base.

thanks
    sean

• Some users complain about the 30 seconds. What would be the benefit of a 100 sec Looper?

Well, how long is a blues chorus? Of course, blues players don't use loopers, but if they did, 30 seconds could be too little for one chorus. Never underestimate your local blues player. 8)

• Some users complain about the 30 seconds. What would be the benefit of a 100 sec Looper?

I guess for many purposes, 30 seconds are enough. I don't do this myself, but I know some guys who play around with loopers very much and create songs or parts of songs, for which 30 seconds are a bit short but I guess, this isn't the main purpose for the looper in the KPA.
    I would mainly use it to play patterns (like the mentioned 12 bar blues) and for many songs, this would be enough. But if you play a slow blues 30 seconds could be very tight.

• I found the timeline looper too short to do a full blues at my preferred tempo (more medium than slow IMO), it that's 30s then I'd say that at least 50 would be what I need to be safe