Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• To make the Looper "midi-save" we would have to create an alternative way to control it and optionally a detection, wether key-off events are sent or not. This is not a tweak but a project, that has not been scheduled yet.

That sounds like a most excellent project, Mr CK. Best possible outcome from this thread, as Peto said. Thanks for the official word.

• That sounds like a most excellent project, Mr CK. Best possible outcome from this thread, as Peto said. Thanks for the official word.

Yes - assuming such a project WILL be scheduled :) Not trying to rain on anybody's parade here, but I just want to point out that CK may not have meant that it WILL be scheduled. Just in the interest of clarity.

• Yes - assuming such a project WILL be scheduled Not trying to rain on anybody's parade here, but I just want to point out that CK may not have meant that it WILL be scheduled. Just in the interest of clarity

But also he didn't state that it will not be. :) And that is good perspective.

• There are a LOT more options with real full function looper. Many people use a looper for practice, like me. You can record a song portion from another device such as your mp3 player or whatever to learn a riff or solo or the whole song.
    My Jamman will store over 16 hours in 99 slots.
    There is a reason for this. A looper is used for a lot more than a quick play along.

The big thing is being able to save these for later instead of rerecording them every session.

Because of all of this absent in the Remote, it is useless to me.

• I only have the videos I've seen to go by and the Kemper looper seems to be quite a cool feature. I could really use one for my project, it could make a three-piece band sound like four, invaluable for solos and things. I'm not interested in playing back pre-recorded loops, I want something I can use on the fly.

At some point, I'm definitely going Remote, the form factor is right and it looks like it has some great features. The alternative is to get an external looper, but that's an additional piece of gear to carry.

At the same time, I have a wishlist of things I want the Remote to be able to do that it can't right now. Really hoping Kemper Amps listens to some of those requests and implements them. For one, deeper control of internal KPA functions is necessary, it would be silly to trade away my existing board until Remote he is working at its full potential. I can handle not being an early bird.

Yes - assuming such a project WILL be scheduled :) Not trying to rain on anybody's parade here, but I just want to point out that CK may not have meant that it WILL be scheduled. Just in the interest of clarity.

Actually, the choice of words, i.e. "that has not been scheduled yet" and the use of the word "project" indicates that the great man is at least thinking of it. That's a huge victory for "thieving twats". It might not be anytime soon though, which none of us seems to be stressed about either. No one should be, really, I can't understand the way some users have gotten frantic about what's a perfectly reasonable feature request.

• The big thing is being able to save these for later instead of rerecording them every session.

Because of all of this absent in the Remote, it is useless to me.

As we know, KPA is embedded computer with ARM cpus and linux running as OS. So this possibility is there. Even if internal RAM will not be enough, it is still possible to store loops on USB stick and small part of RAM will be used as cache. And this way they can solve two requests at the same time: longer looping time & ability to store loops between sessions (which will be transferable to PC). :)

At some point, I'm definitely going Remote, the form factor is right and it looks like it has some great features. The alternative is to get an external looper, but that's an additional piece of gear to carry.

I can happily double this!

• I just spent my afternoon toying around with the looper on my LF 12+ and it works pretty good, without having tried the KPR I am not sure what differences in control there are but it was fun anyway. The reverse and half speed are pretty cool to noodle off in psychedelic land lol....now the internal debate.... miss out on the new profiling and eventually be left behind or keep playing with the looper and never let the psychedelic free ride in the land of twats and trolls end haha just kidding

• I just spent my afternoon toying around with the looper on my LF 12+ and it works pretty good, without having tried the KPR I am not sure what differences in control there are but it was fun anyway. The reverse and half speed are pretty cool to noodle off in psychedelic land lol....now the internal debate.... miss out on the new profiling and eventually be left behind or keep playing with the looper and never let the psychedelic free ride in the land of twats and trolls end haha just kidding

Are you using the undo/redo functionality to do Play?

• I am not sure if I am entitled to report bug about looper... (I don't have Remote) but:
    During the use of the looper through MIDI I found out, that after I lay down eg. 3 overdubs, the peak output led starts to clip and clipping is also audible.I don't know if the same is happening with remote, but I suppose that it is. Shouldn't there be some kind of volume control in relation to overdubs?

Peto, I'm seeing the same thing. I wonder if it's the same in FW3?

The problem *I* am seeing is that the looper is looping within the current RIG context, so the volume of the current rig will also control the looper volume. But here's how to reproduce the problem:

• Record a clean-ish tone bed, something AC30 maybe.
    • Switch to the Bass Transformer to lay down a bass part. Notice that the Bass Transformer rig volume is WAY too loud. Turn down the rig volume to record the bass part.
    • Now switch to a "lead" rig. The volume of the looper jumps up to the volume of the current rig and is overloading the outputs.

Can someone with the new Remote, verify the same behavior?

Ben

• I have a button set-up where on = record and off = play, another on = stop and second function = erase, one for undo and one each for half and reverse using step commands to cycle them on and off where there step name is displayed on the Liquid foot screen, I may change these 2 back to on and off values rather then steps. With the Liquid foot you can set the little screens to be different colors based on their state ie on, off or bypassed.

Currently I have a separate page setup for the looper which has buttons to get to my setlist page, fx page and song page, each of those has a button to get me back to the loop page. I can change rigs, add effects and have an expression pedal set-for wah and another which can be gain or volume or anything else I want to figure out. Each preset in the Liquid Foot can have something like 20 functions defined, then when you get to the song level you can have another 10, as an example I send cc's to the Kemper to change the rig, cc's to change settings on my voicelive2 based on the preset selected and send a command to ableton to change the video I have running when a preset is selected within a song. The editor for the LF has an area to set-up 16 devices so you can do a ton of things and that gives lots to play with lol

Getting back to the looper, I have noticed that the loop volumes can change based on the rig being selected, for example if I start a loop with a clean sound and switch to a rig with boosted volume for a solo the volumes can get get loud, I have been using the expression to go from clean to dirty instead. Anyway I am still playing around to see what works, looking at the manual, shouldn't there also be a command to trigger the loop?

• I have a button set-up where on = record and off = play, another on = stop and second function = erase, one for undo and one each for half and reverse using step commands to cycle them on and off where there step name is displayed on the Liquid foot screen, I may change these 2 back to on and off values rather then steps. With the Liquid foot you can set the little screens to be different colors based on their state ie on, off or bypassed.

Currently I have a separate page setup for the looper which has buttons to get to my setlist page, fx page and song page, each of those has a button to get me back to the loop page. I can change rigs, add effects and have an expression pedal set-for wah and another which can be gain or volume or anything else I want to figure out. Each preset in the Liquid Foot can have something like 20 functions defined, then when you get to the song level you can have another 10, as an example I send cc's to the Kemper to change the rig, cc's to change settings on my voicelive2 based on the preset selected and send a command to ableton to change the video I have running when a preset is selected within a song. The editor for the LF has an area to set-up 16 devices so you can do a ton of things and that gives lots to play with lol

Getting back to the looper, I have noticed that the loop volumes can change based on the rig being selected, for example if I start a loop with a clean sound and switch to a rig with boosted volume for a solo the volumes can get get loud, I have been using the expression to go from clean to dirty instead. Anyway I am still playing around to see what works, looking at the manual, shouldn't there also be a command to trigger the loop?

Video please, daslave!

• Some users complain about the 30 seconds. What would be the benefit of a 100 sec Looper?

Hi Christoph,
    I'm currently very much looking forward to receiving the Remote in the couple of weeks and love my Powerhead!
    I play in a Latin Jazz Duo behind a singer and to solo over the top of live looped changes I often need to record between 60 - 100+ seconds worth. As much as I like to use the KPA looper it's unfortunately not sufficient length for my needs. I will continue to use my Boomerang III in the meantime hoping there is a way to extend the KPA looper memory to 100+seconds :)
    Thanks for listening, all the Best and many thanks for a most wonderful piece of gear otherwise.
    Cheers,
    Wolf

• have a button set-up where on = record and off = play, another on = stop and second function = erase, one for undo and one each for half and reverse using step commands to cycle them on and off where there step name is displayed on the Liquid foot screen, I may change these 2 back to on and off values rather then steps. With the Liquid foot you can set the little screens to be different colors based on their state ie on, off or bypassed.

Sounds like you have it set up and working exactly like the Remote.

• Peto, I'm seeing the same thing. I wonder if it's the same in FW3?

The problem *I* am seeing is that the looper is looping within the current RIG context, so the volume of the current rig will also control the looper volume. But here's how to reproduce the problem:
    Record a clean-ish tone bed, something AC30 maybe.
    Switch to the Bass Transformer to lay down a bass part. Notice that the Bass Transformer rig volume is WAY too loud. Turn down the rig volume to record the bass part.
    Now switch to a "lead" rig. The volume of the looper jumps up to the volume of the current rig and is overloading the outputs.

Which fw version are you on?