Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• Sorry, guys. I really shouldn't be polluting a feature request thread with my views on the subject. You have a feature request, it is up to Kemper to consider it. For ther record, I support the feature request, as I don't have to deal with the consequences anyway, haha :) I just wanted clarity on what was ACTUALLY said by kemper, not just how we - possibly wrongly - remember it. Peto and others who dug up links to actual statements by the company, thank you. That shows us what is really what :)

Again, I apologize for contributing to deraling the thread.

• Sorry, guys. I really shouldn't be polluting a feature request thread with my views on the subject. You have a feature request, it is up to Kemper to consider it. For ther record, I support the feature request, as I don't have to deal with the consequences anyway, haha :) I just wanted clarity on what was ACTUALLY said by kemper, not just how we - possibly wrongly - remember it. Peto and others who dug up links to actual statements by the company, thank you. That shows us what is really what :)

No problem - we are just talking here:) and every voice is very important:)

• Sorry, guys. I really shouldn't be polluting a feature request thread with my views on the subject. You have a feature request, it is up to Kemper to consider it. For ther record, I support the feature request, as I don't have to deal with the consequences anyway, haha I just wanted clarity on what was ACTUALLY said by kemper, not just how we - possibly wrongly - remember it. Peto and others who dug up links to actual statements by the company, thank you. That shows us what is really what

Not a reason for apologies. :) Every opinion is valuable and useful for making the whole image. It supports critical way of thinking.
    I think we will continue to "derail" this thread until the looper will be MIDI accessible. :P

• Long before purchasing a Kemper, I purchased a Mitigator RFC-1 for looping, which has the note on/off function described on page one of this thread, which enables looping via midi. There is a small handful of midi controllers out there which enable this: Rocktron All Access, for instance. If midi looping were made available, perhaps Kemper could include a list of the suitable, compatible midi pedals on the market (used and otherwise). I'm ready when you are! :)

• Long before purchasing a Kemper, I purchased a Mitigator RFC-1 for looping, which has the note on/off function described on page one of this thread, which enables looping via midi. There is a small handful of midi controllers out there which enable this: Rocktron All Access, for instance. If midi looping were made available, perhaps Kemper could include a list of the suitable, compatible midi pedals on the market (used and otherwise). I'm ready when you are!

Welcome here! :)
    I don't see reason why using on/off messages should be a must, if it can be done with simple CC messages which every controller can make. If there will be MIDI looper, it should be control-able by MIDI commands it should be available for everyone. I am using this KPA MIDI looping in todays state and as I said before, it simply works good. So no need for complicated MIDI controller. Simple CC is enough. ;)

• Long before purchasing a Kemper, I purchased a Mitigator RFC-1 for looping, which has the note on/off function described on page one of this thread, which enables looping via midi. There is a small handful of midi controllers out there which enable this: Rocktron All Access, for instance. If midi looping were made available, perhaps Kemper could include a list of the suitable, compatible midi pedals on the market (used and otherwise). I'm ready when you are! :)

CK was not referring to note on/off messages, but rather, that the controller needs to be able to send different messages on switch down vs switch up... in this case they were different NRPN messages (not PC, CC or Note, etc.).

Vast majority of controllers cannot send NRPN messages.

• Made a quick video using a Liquid Foot+ Controller.
    Tried to demonstrate a Freeze effect by adjusting the reverb time, as well as a simple loop, with 2 overdubs, playing over the loop, undo of 1 overdub, turning loop off, back to freeze feature.....

Sorry for video and audio quality, done with an iPad.......
    The displays on the LF+ don't translate well to video :)
    sean
    http://youtu.be/-mxsvNjQV1o

• Made a quick video using a Liquid Foot+ Controller.Tried to demonstrate a Freeze effect by adjusting the reverb time, as well as a simple loop, with 2 overdubs, playing over the loop, undo of 1 overdub, turning loop off, back to freeze feature.....Sorry for video and audio quality, done with an iPad.......The displays on the LF+ don't translate well to video seanyoutu.be/-mxsvNjQV1o

Thank you for the effort in making the video! :)
    Damian, maybe the video could go to OP (with credits to Sean, of course) :)

Edited once, last by Peto ().

• Great job and great playing.
    Incredible how a serious FC can bring features, like freeze function, which aren't usually available.
    Very expensive, but I think that a flexible and powerful foot controller is worth every penny.

• Made a quick video using a Liquid Foot+ Controller.
    Tried to demonstrate a Freeze effect by adjusting the reverb time, as well as a simple loop, with 2 overdubs, playing over the loop, undo of 1 overdub, turning loop off, back to freeze feature.....

Sorry for video and audio quality, done with an iPad.......
    The displays on the LF+ don't translate well to video :)
    sean
    http://youtu.be/-mxsvNjQV1o

That's a great video! Well done! Someone from Kemper should be watching... @ckemper ;)

Cheers,
    Sam

• Great video Sean :) I like this space -freeze sound :)
    I've pasted video in the OP - if you don't mind.

This is nice example that sometimes you have to use custom - defined MIDI pedal board to achieve more complicated stuff.
    And thats why the NRPN (and CC) messages(not only the looper ones) should stay in next KPA FW's.

• I'm not sure i get it.
    Is the looper available or not on FW 3.0?
    Joptunes recorded this on 2.x?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."