(Resolved) Mission Engineering EP1-KP switch not working with Remote?

• That doesn't make any sense! ;) You'll need the two cables to do wah and volume, but only one to do wah only (if you're thinking of switching between wah and volume in the same rig, that is). One TRS for the expression, one TS for the switch.

• This thread would be resolved if Kemper would deliver on the promised switch support on the remote so thath ep-kp1 owners can get plug the ts cable into the remote instead if the kpa... we have been waiting for this for over three months now

• That's true if I only want wah. I'm trying to do wah & volume. I should've mentioned that.

If you want to use one pedal for wah and volume you should avoid using a switch for the wah. It is better to use one of the bypass options in the wah edit menu (bypass@stop, bypass@heel or bypassy@toe)
    here is an expert from the Profiler manual regarding this matter:
    We do not support the swapping of pedal functions by switching a Wah effect on and off, as this would cause
    problems. Besides, you’ll get a better result by selecting one of the dedicated “Pedal Modes” that automatically
    activate the Wah effect as soon as you move the Wah Pedal.

• What we want to be fixed soon is that the functionality in the manual is discribed as the same between the pedal jacks on the KPA and the pedal jacks on th eremote. That is all we need and what was expected. I also bought the Mission Engeneering pedal for the KPA because it was announced as special made and it was shown at the Musikmesse and the Namm on the Kemper Booth! Thats why I bought it and I expected to build a pedal board with two pedals and the Remote connected just with one single LAN cable... a very attractive idea.

Now I am absolutely concerned that the idea having this pedalboard connected with just the LAN cable doesnt work.

I hope it will be fixed soon and again and again I really expect a better communication and documentation. It was nowhere written down that no switches are supported on the Remote pedal jacks!!!

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• Kemper Support #1: here is the reply you sent me in February saying you will add switch support

KA00092958
    Dear ####,Stimmt-da die Public Beta sehr schnell zur Release erklärt wurde konnte das noch nicht umgesetzt werden-das Feature wird in einer zukünftigen Version der Firmware realisiert.Wir bitten um etwas Geduld.Sincerely,Hans-Jörg SchefflerKemper Amps Support Team

This what we are waiting for.

• Would anyone who has the Mission Exp pedal working for both wah & volume tell me how they have it set up? I have been trying but can't seem to get the wah going using the toe switch. I have upgraded the firmware to the current version. Thanks in advance!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Hey crgtr,
    I use the Remote's connections 5 & 6.
    For the Mission as vol & wha you need 2 leads to control the wha sweep and the switching from Volume to Wha.
    In the system menu on the KPA choose the 'Vol to Wha' and any two Remote connections, one for the wha sweep (wha type 1 for the Mission) and one for switching of Volume to Wha function.
    Press the 'Calibrate' soft button to calibrate the full wha sweep.
    Exit system and away you go :)

Hope that helps, works perfect for me.

Cheers, Wolf

• <p>

awesome! So then you can still keep the wag set to &quot;stop @ heel&quot; or whatever?</p>

• Well I worked with the Remote last night but I am still unable to get both wah & Vol to work. I did the config as mentioned but still not working..... Maybe I have a bad Mission pedal. I just can't get the toe switch to engage.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Hi crgtr, my previous explanation was done from memory - I'm in front of the unit now and try to talk you through it again :)
    Press > System > go to page 5 (wha/vol pedal connected to KPA back panel inputs 1 & 2) or 7 (wha /vol pedal connected to Remote inputs 3 & 4) or 9 (wha/vol pedal connected to Remote inputs 5 & 6) > so, in my case I have the Mission connected as follows from the Remote input 3 to Mission input 1 & Remote 4 to Mission input 2 > on system page 7 (Pedal 3 Remote), I selected for Mode: Pedal Type 1 & Function: Wha Wha > on System page 8 (Pedal 4 Remote), I selected for Mode: Mono Switch & for Switch Tip: Stomp A on/off (I assigned my wha to Stomp A!) and that's it really ... just make sure you calibrate the pedal (page 7 > soft button & sweep the pedal fully forth & back) :)
    Hope that helps :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

• Hi crgtr, my previous explanation was done from memory - I'm in front of the unit now and try to talk you through it again :)
    Press > System > go to page 5 (wha/vol pedal connected to KPA back panel inputs 1 & 2) or 7 (wha /vol pedal connected to Remote inputs 3 & 4) or 9 (wha/vol pedal connected to Remote inputs 5 & 6) > so, in my case I have the Mission connected as follows from the Remote input 3 to Mission input 1 & Remote 4 to Mission input 2 > on system page 7 (Pedal 3 Remote), I selected for Mode: Pedal Type 1 & Function: Wha Wha > on System page 8 (Pedal 4 Remote), I selected for Mode: Mono Switch & for Switch Tip: Stomp A on/off (I assigned my wha to Stomp A!) and that's it really ... just make sure you calibrate the pedal (page 7 > soft button & sweep the pedal fully forth & back) :)
    Hope that helps :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

Thanks for the "step-by-step" as I still need to set mine up.