(Resolved) Mission Engineering EP1-KP switch not working with Remote?

• Thanks again Wolf. I got it to work. I did have to go a few pages further and check the box that says wah to vol. Both functions work now! I'm not sure I'm going to continue to use this config though. The wah is perfect, but the sweep on the volume is too quick. I tried to calibrate it but it doesn't see the volume. I assume it's because the volume isn't really assigned anywhere. I'll try it on a few gigs and see if I can get used to the short sweep. Otherwise I really like having both functions in one pedal!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Chris,
    glad it's working for you now ... and sorry, of course I forgot to mention the 'wha to vol' switch - very important indeed!
    The sweep of the Mission is very alike a Cry Baby sweep - for a volume sweep it may be too small for some people.. I'm fine with it, but I'm planning to add a treble bleed to it :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

• <p>

Thanks again Wolf. I got it to work. I did have to go a few pages further and check the box that says wah to vol. Both functions work now! I'm not sure I'm going to continue to use this config though. The wah is perfect, but the sweep on the volume is too quick. I tried to calibrate it but it doesn't see the volume. I assume it's because the volume isn't really assigned anywhere. I'll try it on a few gigs and see if I can get used to the short sweep. Otherwise I really like having both functions in one pedal!

You can set the range for the volume pedal in the rig menu

• I was struggling with this, but with help of this topic I worked it out.
    maybe a step by step guide will be usefull for some people.
    A. I like the volume pedal to give a slight boost in volume. Rhythm/Lead
    Make sure the wah is in Stomp A
    For this example I used the 3 and 4 inputs of the Remote.
    1. connect output 1 (EP1) with input 3 (Remote) and output 2 with input 4
    2. Rig Page 3: Post effects (or another setting you might prefer) Range=-1 also personal taste (see A). wah to volume checked
    3 System Page 7: Mode Pedal Type 1, Function Wah Wah. Don't forget to calibrate.
    4 System Page 8: Mode Mono Switch Stop A on/off
    5 System Page 14 Wah to Volume=checked
    6 Choose a wah (in stomp A), Pedal Mode Bypass toe.
    This worked for me. Hope it's clear

A small remark: when you switch to a different rig, the volume will be at max, even though the pedal is in the up position. You will have to move the pedal up and down to set the volume to its lowest setting. The Kemper Helpdesk (Great!!) tells me there is no way around this. it is impossible to programm it differently.

• I also have problems to connect the EP1-KP to the remote control of the KPA
    Using the latest firmware (3.20) doesn't work.
    what is going on????????EAST :pinch: