Merged Rigs - Way of auditioning the new 3.0?

• So are these new factory Merged rigs created with the new method such that if I use a solid state amp and a guitar speaker I can hear the new "better" profiling method and these actual amps with no cabinet effects added? It sounds like it to me, but I wanted to make sure I understand.

Merged Rigs Pack (February 2015)

This Rig Pack includes 49 Merged Rigs, which are also embedded in firmware 3.0. Instead of restoring the complete Factory Content via "Factory Rigs" function in System menu you could download this pack and import these Rigs selectively.

Merged Rigs are a new capability of firmware 3.0.0 and NOT downward compatible! Please make sure to install 3.0.0 firmware first.

Each Merged Rig includes a combination of a Direct Amp Profile (without cabinet) plus a Studio Profile (with cabinet) of the same amp with identical settings.

In order to learn more about Merged Rigs please read the chapter "Working with Amplifier Profiles, Cabinet Profiles, power amp and real cabinets" available in Addendum 3.0 as well as latest Reference Manual.