MIDI issue with 3.0 "OMNI" not working

• I installed 3.0 and my midi controller quit working. Checked midi settings tried on a particular midi channel worked, but when set to "OMNI" will not work! Weird "bug"? I've used it in "OMNI" channel on all previous firmwares, due to other equipment cc's.
    Had to go back to previous firmware.
    Anyone else have this issue? Can you check?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

• I have PC and CC on different channels so I was using OMNI now it wont work on 3.0. If no one else is having this issue then what do I do send an email to support? I will try installing 3.0 again tonight and see if I still have the same issue. Thanks

Dave

• Since i cannot replicate the issue on my test setup it must be something specific to your setup.
    Please go to the support section of our website and fill out the contact form describing your problem and your setup.

• That indicates that your Rocktron MidiMate is working on that channel too, so it wasn't a problem of the Kemper.

3.0 evidently altered/changed the "MIDI Global Channel #" because I never touched the MidiMate.

If the MidiMate is on Channel 2 it's been there all the years I've owned it. IOW, one minute the Kemper is switching just fine and then I update to 3.0 and it instantly stops switching.

• Can you still switch if you set it to OMNI? If not then there is something wrong with omni!! :) Which is what I have been saying. Yes I can get it to respond on individual channels but not OMNI which should be ALL channels?

• 3.0 evidently altered/changed the "MIDI Global Channel #" because I never touched the MidiMate.

If the MidiMate is on Channel 2 it's been there all the years I've owned it. IOW, one minute the Kemper is switching just fine and then I update to 3.0 and it instantly stops switching.

Ah ok, I see.
    Theory: Maybe 3.0 is messed up with Midi so that channel 2 is the new Omni, while Omni is the new channel 2?!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I installed 3.0 and my midi controller quit working. Checked midi settings tried on a particular midi channel worked, but when set to "OMNI" will not work! Weird "bug"? I've used it in "OMNI" channel on all previous firmwares, due to other equipment cc's.
    Had to go back to previous firmware.

There was a bug in previous versions of the firmware, which is fixed in 3.0.0. Before, some events where always sent on MIDI channel 1, even if you set it to a different one. Now the Profiler accepts and sends all events on the same channel. If the setting is OMNI, it accepts on ALL channels but sends on channel 1.

So if you address the Profiler on channel 2, you need to set it to channel 2 explicitly to make it work correctly with external MIDI boards.

• The issue is with the OMNI setting! OMNI means it is set to receive and send on ALL midi channels not just one and this is not working for me. Which was working for me on ALL previous FW!

My typical setup is soft step through midi expander into KPA then thru to the other devices, and I have many cc's on different midi channels for the devices after the KPA, they all are working fine.

It is just the KPA will not receive anything on OMNI.

• Tested the system by connecting the Midi Out and Midi Thorugh to PC and using Midi Ox,

Midi Out seems to send only "Active Sensing"messages only . I found no outcoming messages in Midi Through port.

• It is just the KPA will not receive anything on OMNI.

You're right, it only receives on channel 1 then. This is a bug, actually a sideeffect to a bug fix with the Uno4Kemper. I fixed it for the next version upcoming. In the meantime, select the actual channel.