OK Testing FW 3.0! [How Kemper works? All amps sound similar]?

• I don't see a similar gain structure. Not even close.

You are, in particular, going for a very... specific sound consistently.
    5150, 6505 and Mesa rectifiers are variants of one another and very similar, circuit-wise. Don't know the Satan, circuit-wise, but i'm guessing it's not a fender twin clone. Ditto for the 5153, all Bugeras, most of what i've seen from your studio. If you had more variation in the amps you normally profile, you'd hear more of it.

Try some of the Matchless amps from the RE. Try Tim Owens's Splawns. Try the Carr from TAF.
    Can't believe i'm saying this, but maybe it's about time you got to know your Profiler :)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I don't see a similar gain structure. Not even close.

You are, in particular, going for a very... specific sound consistently.
    5150, 6505 and Mesa rectifiers are variants of one another and very similar, circuit-wise. Don't know the Satan, circuit-wise, but i'm guessing it's not a fender twin clone. Ditto for the 5153, all Bugeras, most of what i've seen from your studio. If you had more variation in the amps you normally profile, you'd hear more of it.

Try some of the Matchless amps from the RE. Try Tim Owens's Splawns. Try the Carr from TAF.
    Can't believe i'm saying this, but maybe it's about time you got to know your Profiler :)

I disagree with your response. :D Well, I think that I test and profile more amps (different amps) than you think - not only HIGAIN :thumbup:
    [Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/store/img/p/3/9/39-thickbox_default.jpg]
    Stay Metal!

• I've kinda heard the same
    before but maybe it's not as apparent with high gain stuff but I can hear the difference between say a Marshall JVM and a vox etc

depends on the profiler as well. It's either deadlight or GR studios that come to mind but I can hear a real difference

same with your stuff tho sinn with the mark v and that swampy swedish sound with the boss HM
    big soundchange

there was a soundclip on YouTube once of all these diff real amps thru the same cabinet and they all sounded very close lol

• Yes all its true but - I mean that Kemper added to each profile something which makes is a common denominator in each profile - simply when i compare real amp and then kemper profile I can tell you in 99% of where is real gear and where kemper profile. But its still another OT - backing to my theory how kemper works - your opinion? :D

Stay Metal!

• @Quitty

Or you can try some Direct amp profiles - different amps then just add the same cab and compare - i can do this for You - also in the mix with the same DI guitars etc... :D

Stay Metal!

• I would say any common denominator is added by the profiler/profilers by using the same speakers/mics etc. I have had many amps and none of them sounded the same. Really, none, even with the same cab. But put them through the same mic and they all now have that mic characteristic. Turn up and mic loud, now all have that speaker breakup and compression. All variables effect the miced amp sound.

A Direct Amp Profile of my Mesa sounds exactly like my Mesa played back through the guitar cab. No smearing or hazing of the gain structure. Pure tone. The studio profile has room reflection that cause issues along with too many other variables as well.

• sinmix i totally agree with u..! even with the new profiling method the differences between the high gain profiles are more or less trivial. I might sound a little crazy BUT i was expecting a more pronounced difference in terms of sound with the new profiling method and the new firmware.

• I would say any common denominator is added by the profiler/profilers by using the same speakers/mics etc. I have had many amps and none of them sounded the same. Really, none, even with the same cab. But put them through the same mic and they all now have that mic characteristic. Turn up and mic loud, now all have that speaker breakup and compression. All variables effect the miced amp sound.

A Direct Amp Profile of my Mesa sounds exactly like my Mesa played back through the guitar cab. No smearing or hazing of the gain structure. Pure tone. The studio profile has room reflection that cause issues along with too many other variables as well.

simply dont belive You :D i have samples and comparison you have "words" Check again this sample made by @Jevo https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51228576/EVH_EnglCab Vs KemperMatrix_EnglCab.mp3 - for You sound the same? Maybe in the room with high volume - Yes - but please record this and then you hear all differencess. - thats all!

Stay Metal!

• sinmix i totally agree with u..! even with the new profiling method the differences between the high gain profiles are more or less trivial. I might sound a little crazy BUT i was expecting a more pronounced difference in terms of sound with the new profiling method and the new firmware.

@IGNANTIOS probably for a moment you hear:

1. You are NOOB!
    2. You dont know how to profile correctly,
    3. You dont know how to redefining,

4. Please open support ticket :D

Stay Metal!

• Sinmix, I think you may be on to something, but the test is only scientifically sound if it's EXACTLY the same guitar part played through both (ie reamped), and the comparison file isn't encoded with a lossy format (mp3)!

Cheers,
    Sam

• You would have to compare the direct amp profile to a recording of a direct amp to see the truth.

sample 11 and 12 from this thread :D

http://www.brickwall.pl/fw30/11_6505_PREAMP+CLEARDI.mp3
    http://www.brickwall.pl/fw30/12_KEMPER_DIRECT AMP+CLEARDI.mp3

And please use good headphones :D

And, I hear the same gain structure in Jevo's clip. Slightly different eq

No! No! No!

Disagree - its not different eq - simply sound different. We live in a time where the differences between the Real Amp, ampsims also free, Kemper, Axe are very small - but still, check again my sample real 5150 and mesa cab and then preamp 5150 and my mesa cab IR made with mesa cab and the same mic pos - sound almost the same?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IMO YES maybe 5% 3% 2% differents?

1. Real 6505 with real cab : http://www.brickwall.pl/fw30/01_REAL_6505.mp3
    2. And nothing is real Free VST TSE X50 Ampsim + cab IR : http://www.brickwall.pl/fw30/08_TSEX50+CAB_IR.mp3

the differences are smaller than in the comparison he made @Jevo - true or not?

Stay Metal!

Edited 2 times, last by sinmix ().

• And, I hear the same gain structure in Jevo's clip. Slightly different eq.

Sinmix, I think you may be on to something, but the test is only scientifically sound if it's EXACTLY the same guitar part played through both (ie reamped), and the comparison file isn't encoded with a lossy format (mp3)!

Cheers,
    Sam

all my samples are reamped :D

ok, I have my own opinion about this, and many agree with me - for many it's not true, or simply dont want to believe.

Stay Metal!

• I don't believe it is the profiling causing this though. I believe it is the cab driver algorithm.

and I dont believe in magic :thumbup: I believe in science. For Me built in Kemper programamble ampsim has its own character of sound - and i hear this in all profiles less or more but still.

Stay Metal!

• The you will always have the effect of the microphone/room/cab adding their color to all profiles.

man please read again what i post ;) thats why i compare also real 6505 with real cab miced to tse x50 ampsim with cab ir loaded to daw ;) and preamp signal from 6505 to direct amp profile from kemper with rthe same cab IR. Please read again my first post and check sample.

Stay Metal!

• @ sinmix
    i don't care mate .....i am not here to argue with anybody. i have more serious problems in my life .Apart from that everybody perceives things differently. I own the unit 2years and never bothered to state my opinion just to avoid things similar to this.

I struggle to believe that there are women out there who think I'm ugly....can handle another socking debate for myself. :D