An idea for a boost function with the Remote.

• While it is true you can use a boost post stack to achieve the same it's still a waste of a slot for a basic function IMO.
    Why not enabling a boost of n dB when hitting the rig switch (the one that is already selected) in the bottom row a second time, like a boost toggle?
    THAT would be extremely elegant.

• ...and while we're at it, why don't we add a possibility to add a few dB of gain at the same time. You'll often want that for leads as well as volume boost.[/quote]

Its exactly what i have on my tube amp. ans some Mesa amps have it to..mastervolum and solo/boost volume.. its very nice to know that you always cut trough on your solos!

• +1. However, oftentimes on a processor, pressing the button for the slot a second time would reset the rig back to it's initial state (eg, if you load a rig, then turn on/off several effects etc, you could press the rig button once more to re-load the rig (clearing all changes in effects states, etc. all at once) I'm not sure what the behavior is now as I haven't got my remote yet, but maybe it could be an option to switch between the boost, or reloading the initial state of the rig when the button is pressed for a second time?

+1. However, oftentimes on a processor, pressing the button for the slot a second time would reset the rig back to it's initial state (eg, if you load a rig, then turn on/off several effects etc, you could press the rig button once more to re-load the rig (clearing all changes in effects states, etc. all at once) I'm not sure what the behavior is now as I haven't got my remote yet, but maybe it could be an option to switch between the boost, or reloading the initial state of the rig when the button is pressed for a second time?

Another useful variation is the old Digitech standard, where a second stomp on the already active button would return to the previously loaded rig, so you could reliably toggle back and forth without having to eyeball the foot controller. In a perfect world, there would be a few different behaviors for the second stomp, selectable from the System menu (or better still the Rig menu).

• Another useful variation is the old Digitech standard, where a second stomp on the already active button would return to the previously loaded rig, so you could reliably toggle back and forth without having to eyeball the foot controller. In a perfect world, there would be a few different behaviors for the second stomp, selectable from the System menu (or better still the Rig menu).

Toggle could be cool, I guess I would vote for a global setting for this behavior, however, having a per rig option would be pretty cool as well.

• I think it would be cool if every performance slot could have an alternate sub-set of some of the amp/tone stack settings, i.e., amp and cab would be the same for these A/B sets, but the settings for for drive, compression, tone, volume, and may some others could be different.

Pressing the performance button on an already selected performance slot would then toggle between these A/B settings.

A nice side effect of this would be that stomp/volume/wha settings would not change when you toggle between A/B as they do when you switch between performances.

I bet this would free up a lot of stomp and performance slots in current rigs and it is probably not that hard to implement in the KPA FW.

FWIW BOSS GT100 has something like this, they even allowed different amps on A/B, but I think that would not be necessary.

• Toggle could be cool, I guess I would vote for a global setting for this behavior, however, having a per rig option would be pretty cool as well.

A per-rig setting would allow maximum flexibility, e.g. the ability for some rigs to provide a handy boost feature without wasting a slot, while also allowing other rigs to intuitively resume to default as you described. The downside to per-rig is that it requires that every rig be tweaked correctly, and it would make it really easy for a user to get confused. Example: combinations of switching and toggling between 3 rigs, where only 2 of them are set up to toggle. Hilarity (and support ticket) ensues. All considered, a System setting is probably more practical.

But I'm putting the cart way ahead of the horse, seeing as none of these options exist yet. :D

• A per-rig setting would allow maximum flexibility, e.g. the ability for some rigs to provide a handy boost feature without wasting a slot, while also allowing other rigs to intuitively resume to default as you described. The downside to per-rig is that it requires that every rig be tweaked correctly, and it would make it really easy for a user to get confused. Example: combinations of switching and toggling between 3 rigs, where only 2 of them are set up to toggle. Hilarity (and support ticket) ensues. All considered, a System setting is probably more practical.

But I'm putting the cart way ahead of the horse, seeing as none of these options exist yet. :D

Good thought, now that I think about it, and based on the current thought process from Kemper, I would guess this would be something they would probably prefer to implement on a per rig basis (similar to how the I - IV switches are assigned on a per rig basis). Either way would be great and doesn't matter to me.