Importing Impulse Response Failed.

• Hey guys,

So I updated to the new Firmware 3.0 today and downloaded the new Rig Manager 1.3.1 as well.

I'm trying to take an impulse and use it with the kemper.

I used the cabmaker and convert the impulse from .wav to .kipr. I try to import it into the Rig Manager and it says "Import failed. Only Profiler rigs can be imported."

One thing that is kind of weird, I was able to import it to the kemper via usb, but after holding the Cab button and using the browse button I'm unable to find the impulse.

Thanks

• Joe_scaletta and Michael_dk - are you using the Cab Maker 2.0? Looks like there is also a new version of this to go along with FW3.0.

I've never used Cab Maker but I noticed as I was looking at the downloads.

• Yes, I'm using 2.0

I was able to find it after I added it with a USB key. It was under the "from preset" option on the actual kemper.

But still no luck in trying to add it with the rig manager. And according to the manual it says its possible

• Try putting them into the "Shared" folder of your USB drive:

From the 3.0 Reference Manual:
    You can either transfer these rigs from your Mac or PC to your Profiler using our Rig Manager application or use your dedicated USB stick. In this case please copy the Rigs to the directory called “Shared” on your USB stick. Next, plug the USB stick into the USB slot of your Profiler and switch to Browse Mode. Then press the soft button “External Storage.” You will be presented with an option to import the content. Importing the content will merge the new data with your existing Rigs, Performances, Presets, and Snapshots.

• You're both right.
    He can (and did) load them with a USB stick, but the same excerpt you just quoted from the manual states that this should be possible with the rig manager.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Cab Maker does not create Rigs, but Cabinet Presets. Rig Manager only handles Rigs. It is of course a bit misleading that both file formats have the same extension.

• From the FW3.0 addendum:

♦ Cabinet impulse responses

Cabinet Presets are also commercially available from third party companies in the shape of so-called im-
    pulse responses (IR). These can be converted into a proprietary format using the Kemper CabMaker soft-
    ware, available for Mac and PC. The resulting files can then be imported to the Profiler by using the Rig
    Manager software
    , or a USB stick. To find such imported Cabinet Presets, first press CABINET, then use the
    BROWSE knob.

So it definitely SHOULD be possible.

• no, it is not. but that's for bringing this to our attention.
    the information in the addendum is simply wrong. you can only import cabinet presets with a stick. once those are saved as a rig, Rig Manager can handle the content.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I just heard back from support and they said the same thing as G String. Hopefully they fix the addendum

"ok,got it, the issue is a wrong hint in the new Addendum and Reference Manual. Rig Manager cannot handle Presets like Cabinet Presets, just Rigs. You need to use a USB-stick to import the Cabinet Presets. Sorry!"

• Plugging in my dedicated USB stick into my Mac will show up in Rig Manager.
    IR's and the Rigs are in the Shared Folder on the stick
    I can view the rigs in Rig Manager (USB stick shows up just below "MyProfiler") and the cabinet Impulse responses are available "Cabinet" when I use the "Browse" knob.
    Maybe everyone already knows this, but i was pleasantly surprised.... 8o

• Plugging in my dedicated USB stick into my Mac will show up in Rig Manager.
    IR's and the Rigs are in the Shared Folder on the stick
    I can view the rigs in Rig Manager (USB stick shows up just below "MyProfiler") and the cabinet Impulse responses are available "Cabinet" when I use the "Browse" knob.
    Maybe everyone already knows this, but i was pleasantly surprised.... 8o

Did you already load them into the KPA by connecting the USB stick to it?