Atomic CLR popping and crackling.

• Hi guys,
    i got my Atomic CLR back in December, right before Christmas. Put a few hours on it right away, and really loved the sound, and it seemed to be super quiet.
    I had construction going on at my house for a couple of months, so wasn't able to play it as much.

When i finally had time to play andgot back to it, i seem to be picking up a ton of noise suddenly. For 15-20 minutes it seems pretty quiet. Then i will get a lot of static, crackling, and that sort of thing.
    Last friday was getting a guitar lesson on skype, and actually had to turn the thing off it was getting so loud.

I have tried powering off everything in the room (PC equip, TV, etc), Using different outlets, and seem to be getting the same result.

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions, or anything obvious i may be missing here? I haven't tried contacting Atomic just yet, i know when i ordered it was kind of tough to get in touch with them.

• Oh sorry, i just put it upstairs in my office while there was construction being done. So it was up there untouched.

One other note, i am getting this noise even when the Kemper is unplugged from the CLR.

Not sure if something changed about my electrical with work being done or that sort of thing. If so, i haven't had any noise from studio monitors or anything like that.

Would a power conditioner be an option to try?

• I am a contractor myself.
    Are you in the U.S. .

Watch the power led if it has one. Watch for blinking.
    Check all connections. Power and audio connections.

Did they do electrical work?
    If so I would check polarity and make sure the wires on the receptacle are tight at the recepticle.

Still a problem, I would try another recepticle on ANOTHER circuit.

Still a problem, I myself would open up the cab and look for obvious burns, smells, blackening and then bad solders and connections.
    I have fixed many things because of a loose solder.

• Checking it out right now. It doesn't appear the LED is flashing at all.

i built an addition, and they they did run some electrical. I talked to that guy about anything that may have changed, but he couldn't come up with anything.

That first week or so that i had it, i may have not played it extensively, to say for sure that it wasn't an issue at the time, but i don't remember noticing anything at all.
    It sure seemed pretty quiet from what i remember. But when i finally had some real time to sit down and play that's when i started noticing it.

I will try what you said and run it next door and see if i still get the same problem.

Edited once, last by goathair ().

• I don't have one myself but the troubleshooting I mentioned above is where I would have started.
    I am not sure how deep you would want to go by looking inside.
    There are others on here that may take you in another direction.

Hope you get it figured out.

• Thanks for the help, i appreciate it. I may take a peek inside, but not sure what i'm doing there, so may be better left for someone more qualified.

I did email Atomic, so hopefully they can offer some help also.

• I recently got an active CLR.
    Over the first few days it developed a static, scratchy noise that would oscillate on its own with nothing plugged into the input.
    This was only on channel 1.
    Obviously I was not pleased so I contacted Tom, which can be difficult, but he did send me a new amp module which fixed the problem.

• Let us know the results. I was just considering getting a pair of them but.........

Would like to have helped more but I am more of a hands on guy who likes to dig inside of things. What I told you is my method order give or take.

• Yup...I'm seen now a few issues from some forum members here and on other boards. I mean that is going to happen with any product these days, no question. I'm starting to think I'm going to look at something else instead. I know it is a great sounding product and has a good build but I'm not as convinced with the electronics part of it.