Atomic CLR popping and crackling.

• Other than the issue i'm having, i'm really happy with the speaker. Just want to get it resolved.

It is kind of tricky getting in touch with them though.

I agree 100%. mine was completly dead a while ago and it took several weeks to get in touch. the replacement was quick.
    I love my clr, i hope that this will never happen again.
    Good luck with getting yours fixed!

• As long as i know it is being looked into, it is fine. But it has been a week since they replied and asked for my contact info.
    So i have no clue what is going on.

Will keep you guys posted.

• I sent my contact info several times to Tom and also to the support email, and even left it on a voicemail.

If Atomic at least acknowledged they had my info and were working on how to resolve it, i would be fine.
    Whatever it takes to get it repaired.

i really like my CLR and am not trying to bash them or put anyone off Atomic. But i need assistance here and i'm not getting it.
    If i was a gigging musician or something i would not be a happy camper.

Once again, i had a guitar lesson yesterday on Skype and the thing runs okay for about 20 minutes, and then it gets so loud
    that i end up having to turn the thing off. The guy giving the lesson asked if i was making popcorn or something.

Hopefully someone from Atomic will turn up.

• Woke up to an email from Tom. I have an aol email address (yes, really), and he says they were getting sent to the spam folder.

He gave me a contact number, He offered for me to send it in for repairs, or to guide me through a Power section swap.
    So i am going to try and swap out the Power section myself. I just got an email with the tracking number, and it is shipping out today.
    As long as i can fit my Sasquatch hands in there, i should be up and running in a few days.

Was a little frustrated not being able to get in touch with anyone, but Tom seems like a nice guy, and apologized for the email situation.
    It seems like they are pretty helpful once you get in touch with them. I'm really happy with the CLR, just want to get it going again.

Will let you guys know how the power section swap goes.

• Cool deal.
    Either it really did go in their spam box or they saw the posts here and wanted to put the fire out before it got too big.
    Either way, glad to hear it.

Let us know if you see something obvious when you do the switch. Maybe take a pic if you find something.

AOL? What the hell is that?
    Isnt it that thing that used to make funny noises when we used to TRY and go online at breakneck speeds?

• I received the Power Section today from Atomic. Opened it up and the swap looked pretty easy. 10 screws on the back, and then just 4 connections.

But of course this is me we are talking about. :) Bit of a tight squeeze to get to the connectors, the first 2 i got off no problem, but the 3rd one i
    pulled the wire off the connector. oops. finally got it sorted out. Just did a test and played for about an hour, it looks like i am up and running again.

Hopefully can spend some more time with it tomorrow to make sure all is fine. Fingers crossed my issue is finally resolved.

• LOL I also pulled out one of the wires when i replaced the power section on my clr
    It has been working flawless since then, but i am still keeping my fingers crossed when i turn it on ;)

• i managed to re-use one of the original connectors, but one i ended up having to swap a new one in.

i guess i got lucky on the first 2 i took off, i didn't notice the little clips on there to release them.

i have a dr. appt, but after that gonna let it run for a few hours and make sure everything is good.

It was a bit tough getting through to Atomic, but i will say that once they did respond, the replacement was pretty quick.

• OK heres my story..One of my CLR's developed this hum/buzz almost like a guitar cord that was open, not plugged in..it was intermittent at first, would come and go. When i wiggle the power cord right at the CLR it would go away. Strange..So i contacted Tom and he said he would send out the replacement power supply. Still haven't received it its been weeks. He said it was shipped and i should have received it last week. nothing yet..I know he was waiting on some parts and they got hung up at customs etc..which is understandable but now my CLR is totally non functional and buzzing loud!. No more intermittent, its gone..So Tom told me he was going to look into why the part hadn't been sent out yet but i still haven't heard anything yet.

• All i can recommend is to be persistent. He is a bit tricky to get in touch with, which is frustrating i know. But once i did speak to him, they
    did send out the new equipment pretty quickly.

I still have their old power section, and they never sent me a return label. So i wasn't sure how to ship it back to them.
    I just don't want to send it out, and something happens to it, etc.

i also could use a couple of the original wiring disconnects as i had to swap out one of the old ones when the wiring pulled loose.

I tried calling a few times, but have not gotten a reply, so i finally emailed them again today.

Hopefully they will get you taken care of.

• I wish it was that easy. Ive called emailed etc and actually gotten a response via text, call on the phone and email..but nothing happens. I dont get a tracking number or the replacement part. I didnt want to have to take this to the forums but i guess i have too, TGP, Fractal etc. Actually now he wont respond to any form of communication.

• help!! my atomic amps atctive wedge has loosen the presence on low frequencies....the sound is now so dry....

I'm not sure you'll get good support here. You should contact Tom King.
    Is this problem also persisting with other cabs or on headphones?