XLR Stuck in Return Input

• Hello. Today I received my new Profiler PowerRack. I want to model my Ampeg SVT-7 Pro bass amp, so I ran an XLR cable from the SVT's DI to the XLR on the Return Input.

Unfortunately somehow my XLR is now stuck in the Return Input. I can't pull it out, and I've tried pretty hard (obviously don't want to hurt it on day 1).

Is there some trick to pulling out XLR cables on the Return?

• Button? I don't see a button. I have buttons on the female ends of the plugs, but the male ends either have a small hole or no hope at all. Most of my plugs are neutriks so I can disassemble the cable and only the cylinder remains.

I guessing that the tension clip that holds the male for plug is either bent or is simply applying too much pressure.

It looks like there is a small slot area below the xlr plug. I may try sliding in a flathead screwdriver to see if I can unlatch it. This appears to be the solution for many people with similar problems on other equipment like mixers, etc.

• Wiggling doesn't help. I Can pull very hard on the plug and it doesn't come out. I think the tension mechanism is messed up. I literally had it unpacked for less than an hour before I plugged in the xlr and it got stuck. It's not a crappy cable and it shows no signs of damage or compression. I would certainly hate to have to deal with returns for such a silly problem... But despite it's silliness its a real problem. :)

thanks for for the suggestions!

• Button? I don't see a button. I have buttons on the female ends of the plugs, but the male ends either have a small hole or no hope at all. Most of my plugs are neutriks so I can disassemble the cable and only the cylinder remains.

Interesting. The xlr cables I'm using into the Kemper mains have a button on the bottom to release the locking mechanism. i.e. The locking mechanism is on the bottom side of the xlr cable connector. Best of luck with this. Please let us know how you get this resolved.

• All XLR's I have used have a locking mechanism with a push mechanism on the female end for unlocking. I am pretty sure you are missing something as far as the unlocking push thing (not really a button) is concerned. Maybe try looking at XLR's on google and you will see what most (all?) have so far as a locking mechanism and associated "button".

• Inserting - a very small allen wrench and pushing up undid the clip. It's pretty clear that the clip, instead of just providing some resistance, is actually locking rather than only providing tension. A very thin and narrow flathead screwdriver or a narrow feeler gauge would also work.

I've tried a few different cables - varying makes - all quality - and they all lock in. Also - to clarify, this is the male end of the cable going into the female Input Return XLR - the small buttons on the cable that you push are on the female ends of the XLR cable (like the mains outs). There is no button on the XLR Input jack on the back of the Kemper (in fact I've only seen buttons on female jacks a few times - usually female jacks use tension clips to keep the cable in). This is the jack that you plug your mic or DI in when you want to profile.

It looks like it's just a simple manufacturing defect in the jack, but at $2600 I'll be asking for a replacement unit from Sweetwater. Fortunately they have always resolved my issues in the past.

On a positive note, I was able to upgrade to 3.0 and profile my Ampeg SVT-7 Pro and my GK MB Fusion 800 through their DI outs.