Huge and potentially dangerous bug in 3.0.0.10856 ??!

• I'm in the same boat. I got my Remote yesterday but don't want to upgrade to 3.0 until this and a couple of the other known bugs are fixed (I'm on 2.8 that doesn't support the Remote). It's pretty frustrating having it just sitting there, but luckily I'm really busy until the weekend, so don't really have time to noodle anyway. Here's hoping they locate the problem and upload a fixed FW in the next few days, haha!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Upgraded to 3.0.0.10856 and now my KPA is not detecting new profiles to import from the USB... was working in the previous 3 build.

I had similiar problem. Finally I used another usb stick and it worked. You can also try to re-format the usb stick.

• Or, use Rig Manager.

Thank you everybody. Rig Manager is not a solution because there is no computer near the KPA now. I'll try to reformat the usb stick but I bet it's a problem with the programming. The software checks all the rigs form the pendrive and then decides that there are no new rigs to import.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• Lasse,

We have had contact with you in the past, you have my email address and Don Petersons as well.

But again you find it most attractive to create a thread with a blatant title.
    Next time please spend some additional time and send us a direct message as well if you have found a flaw in our firmware.
    It would be great to get more information, for a quick fix! :)

Please send us rigs where the flaw happens.

• I think Mr. Lammert was trying to warn us, not you. We're the ones who might be at risk of endangering our speakers.
    I don't see why you bother getting offended, or why you think such warnings should be preemptively silenced.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Something similar happened to me just a minute ago. I was on the first GT75 Clean profile. I had been playing pretty hard on another profile, one of the Deadlight 5150's. I switched over to this one and hit the first chord and it was very loud the first half second or so. I was using headphones and it woke me up for sure. I'll go back up in a bit and see if it does it again but I'll leave the headphones on the desk this time.

We all love this thing, I know I'm just trying to help.

• Thank God for Mr. Lammert. Finally after all the threads posted about 3.0 being a piece of "*&%T, CKemper takes the time to address the issue.

Maybe I am spoiled by good customer service and delivering what is promised. But after the last two years of having a Kemper all I get is over promised and very little deliverance. Maybe it should be the other way around; tell us all your delivering is a paperweight and yet give us a pot of gold.

This group of users and forum has been salivating for the remote for years and now once it is delivered, late as usual, many are complaining about blank screens errors and problem after problem. This does not include the long awaited Firmware 3.0. If I had to rate my anticipation of this firmware against what many are experiencing, including myself, I would have to quote Johnny Rotten in saying "You ever get the feeling your being cheated."

You can call me blatant even a complete bastard, but I am a paying consumer, same as others, and if you think peddling off anticipation over customer satisfaction is a way of appeasing the masses, maybe you need to do reconsider your world tours, workshops, multimedia hype and overall propaganda as a side step in keeping you from producing a well thought out product you can put your name on.

Sincerely, a very frustrated Son of a Bitch.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Let me chime in again. Mr Kemper you should be ashamed of your self. Everyone here I think is trying to help you and your product succeed. I have experienced twice now a dramatic increase in volume using head phones. I commented on it earlier in this thread. Its dangerous. I stated above which profile it happened on, if you need any further information, ask me. In the mean time be on notice that your new software has some serious bugs and quit picking on your customers.

I will say it again, we are trying to help you. I can go the other direction if you like.

• Guys?

The company does not sit around browsing this forum all day.

If there is a problem with the firmware, please open up a darn support ticket. I'm surprised no-one did this yet.

It's a good thing to warn other users of any issues, and it's fine to discuss those things, but DO open the support ticket so it gets directly to the company's notice immediately and the problem can get fixed.

• Maybe all of you who complain should think about
    that you may have forced The Kemper Guys
    to give you 3.0 and Remote earlier as they wanted,
    cause you are so impatient, but they wanted you
    satisfied in your needs ?
    Now you have to wait for the next , very soon coming FW
    and your impatient too, whats that?
    its your own fault.
    No One keeps you away from using 2,74
    you are not forced to be running FW 3
    These Guys work fast and hard
    and resolved every problem with their fantastic Product
    you only have to give them the chance and a little patience
    be fair

• Guys?

The company does not sit around browsing this forum all day.

Why not?! Could be useful.
    Is this the official forum or some facebook group?! It's even more, it's actually the final beta testing division ;)
    For example: One look at the forum and it's countless bug reports could have prevented Firmware 3.0 from beeing elevated to release level and now officially ruining peoples speakers and totally not merging anything.

Edited once, last by Syre ().

• Hi,

You have probably right here, and i can understand the FW3.0 has some bugs, and we know that Kemper works hard and fast to solve bugs/problems.

The problem here is different. An official release is a way to show to the customers who use extensively that the FW is bulletproof and ready to gig in professional conditions.

The complaint I have these last days is that Kemper Team should have set the FW3.0 in public beta status waiting for the next update. This would have bewared the customers wanting to jump to FW3.0 that it has bugs ans so on.

Here, the most of people would have wanted a message of kemper saying:

"OK guys, thank you for your feedback. Due to bugs reported, we set the FW3.0 in public beta waiting for the next FW on which we work hard and that will be available very soon."

Nothing more. This kind of honest and transparent attitude would be highly welcomed by customers IMHO.

Finally, the problem here is only a matter of communication, and here the management of the communication since the release of FW3.0 is really weak and may have been perhaps underestimated by Kemper team...

• Sometimes I find the that the language barrier has some effect on the way things are done around here. I don't think the kemper team want to come across harsh sounding sometimes but when it's written down it just sounds like that. I've had discussions on here with CK and some of his relies have appeared to me to be abrupt but I can't speak a word of German so if I was to communicate in there native language I would probably come across rude, abrupt and stupid. Sending a support ticket is defo the way to report a problem. This helps the team by ruling out user error which can sometimes happen. If they get enough support cases about the same issue then either a lot of users are doing the same mistake or the FW has an issues which in this case FW 3.0 seems to be an issue and they are working to sort this

• Let me chime in again. Mr Kemper you should be ashamed of your self. Everyone here I think is trying to help you and your product succeed. I have experienced twice now a dramatic increase in volume using head phones. I commented on it earlier in this thread. Its dangerous. I stated above which profile it happened on, if you need any further information, ask me. In the mean time be on notice that your new software has some serious bugs and quit picking on your customers.

I will say it again, we are trying to help you. I can go the other direction if you like.

Thanks for your help!

I do feel ashamed in a way.
    Still after many days we have no support ticket or email with a closer description of the problem.

Your message is getting us closer to the problem.
    I will drop you a private message. Thanks for helping!
    A quick question in advance: Can you reproduce the faulty behaviour easily, or never again?

About the 3.0 status: We did betatest the 3.0 for weeks.
    The present bug was not found by anyone before we have officially released the 3.0.
    No user working closer to the company (exept Lasse) has been lucky yet to reproduce this bug and report it to us, unfortunately.

• I do not know if this is related, but I noticed today that when I was scrolling overdrive and fuzzpedal in the Stomps section, I got this loud digital static noise. I can film a video if needed.