Huge and potentially dangerous bug in 3.0.0.10856 ??!

• I think Mr. Lammert was trying to warn us, not you. We're the ones who might be at risk of endangering our speakers.I don't see why you bother getting offended, or why you think such warnings should be preemptively silenced.

Let me chime in again. Mr Kemper you should be ashamed of your self. Everyone here I think is trying to help you and your product succeed. I have experienced twice now a dramatic increase in volume using head phones. I commented on it earlier in this thread. Its dangerous. I stated above which profile it happened on, if you need any further information, ask me. In the mean time be on notice that your new software has some serious bugs and quit picking on your customers.

I will say it again, we are trying to help you. I can go the other direction if you like.

Guys, I think you misread ckemper's message. The key words were "additional" and "as well". Nobody is trying to silence anyone.

I think it's great that LasseLammert posted about this in the forum to warn other users, but I must say I too was a bit surprised to learn that Kemper headquarters were never contacted directly for something as serious as this. Why not do both? Forum post as a warning to us, official bug report to get the issue fixed? That would have made them aware of the problem much more quickly and efficiently.

You say you're trying to help, but posting on this forum is really just us users talking amongst ourselves, hoping to be overheard by someone from the Kemper team. This is a user-to-user forum. Kemper staff members do keep an eye out and help where they can, but if you're looking for official support or want to file a bug report, there are official contact forms and e-mail addresses for that. Many other companies operate the same way.

If there is a tone of exasperation in ckemper's post, I read that as "come on guys, we could have started working on this bug much sooner if you had just let us know directly".

• I have to admit i was assuming everyone that reported problems on the forum did so after opening a support ticket.
    If this is not the case than please, Herr Kemper, accept my sincerest apologies.
    A support ticket is what you owe the company in exchange for product support. If you don't fill your end of the deal, they don't either and it's nobody's fault.

So please, folks, go open support tickets.

Kemper Gmbh:
    Would it perhaps be a good idea to put a 'contact support' button in the forum to encourage folks to speak directly with you?
    Maybe even a pop-up disclaimer when opening a new thread in the support section?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Here is what is happening to me. Its on the GT 75 Clean 10 profile. I hope this link shows up correctly. The recording does not capture the entire peak, I think my DAW cuts it off.

<p>

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    </p>

I disagree about the use of this forum and as a user I look at the official ticket reporting system to be more about particular things to your unit. Like an LED does not work or you can't get an update to load, your unit is locked up. To suggest that we should have opened up a ticket on this so they could have started work on this sooner is silly. I'm glad they read the forums and its great that we get to communicate with each other and Kemper at the same time.

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

• It might be more convenient if they scouted this forum more often and acted on it, but i wouldn't bother insisting.
    Just open a support ticket and let them sort it out. It's the path of least resistance, if nothing else.

Your clip sounds like converter clipping. It happened to me on various clean rigs on much older FW because some transient peaks cut through the Profiler's output limiter, and it has gotten much better with later firmware. This doesn't sound like the same case as the previous clip, though.
    Are your input or output LEDs red, by any chance?..

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I disagree about the use of this forum and as a user I look at the official ticket reporting system to be more about particular things to your unit. Like an LED does not work or you can't get an update to load, your unit is locked up. To suggest that we should have opened up a ticket on this so they could have started work on this sooner is silly

Well, whether you think it's silly or not doesn't really matter, as that's the way it works. Yes, the Kemper team are to be found here in the forum every now and again, but if you really want to make them aware of something, the contact form is the official way to do it. I'm assuming that they are too busy to be sifting the forums, unfortunately. I don't have any qualms about using the contact form when it's something as critical as Lasse's bug.
    Meant in the nicest possible way :)

Cheers,
    Sam

• Hey everyone...
    I feel like I gotta pull the emergency brake here...
    CKemper is of course absolutely right that I do have contact emails and that I should have contacted someone from the support team about this issue!
    I do not at all feel offended about the fact that he mentioned that in this thread, he's 100% right about that.
    Especially since in my case it happened before that I had a (back then smaller) issue with a firmware and when I contacted the team directly as well as post here, we could sort stuff out.
    back then I was asked to not only post in the forum but also talk to the support about such issues, which is of course fair enough.
    I should have done that too in this case...what happened here was just that I was hoping for A) a quick fix (thought maybe someone else knows what's going on)and B) give a heads up to be careful when connecting a speaker to the 3.0 PowerRack.
    I also planned to contact "my guys" directly as well, unfortunately I had some health issues come up (unexpected surgery etc) that kept me from doing so.
    My intention was NOT to start a thread blaming Kemper or their customer service, not at all...I just wanted to warn and was looking for quick help after business hours...the fact that I hadn't contacted the company or supplied further details (even here) was just due to me being in surgery.

So please if you read CKempers reply as offensive or condescending, I'm 100% sure it wasn't meant that way, I've met all the guys in person and they're wonderful to deal with, he just reminded me that I should talk to the customer support as well if I have a problem..... which is of course correct.

Keep in mind that after all we're German, and when we say or write something it often reads more aggressive to others than it was intended...I experience that all the time, that's why people think I'm a dick;)

• Well that may be the way it works, but looking at a larger picture any company that sets up a site like this should look at it on a regular basis. CK sent me a PM and I sent this sound file to him. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but all I did was load 3.0 and try the new profiles. I am going to go try another guitar to make sure that was not the problem. I've got close to 200 and pulled some out the other day that I had not played in a while. I'm not even sure which guitar I was using at the time.

• Wow, just dropped in on this thread to see what the status is and now there's all this crazy name-calling.

Has anyone reproduced Lasse's issue besides Lasse? crhfish's issue may be related or unrelated. Still unwelcome, but seems much less dangerous than Lasse's.

Accusations that Kemper has produced nothing worthwhile on the firmware side in the last 2 years... let's see about that...

LFC correction, better low-end accuracy in profiling, Parallel Path, EDIT: Rig Manager, "Just Bass" view, other goodies for bass players, incredible pitch shifters, huge MIDI support, too many bug fixes to count... I guess you've never actually seen this: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…tPostTime&sortOrder=DESC&

• I went up and reloaded 3.0 again. Started from scratch. Tried a different guitar this time. It still does it but not quite as much as before, but this time its more harsh when it does it. I could only get it to do it on the one rig, a clean rig at that. Its my guess its an input sensitivity issue. The guitar in the recording has some old super distortions, the guitar today had Tone Zone. I had the headphones straight into the Toaster.

• I went up and reloaded 3.0 again. Started from scratch. Tried a different guitar this time. It still does it but not quite as much as before, but this time its more harsh when it does it. I could only get it to do it on the one rig, a clean rig at that. Its my guess its an input sensitivity issue. The guitar in the recording has some old super distortions, the guitar today had Tone Zone. I had the headphones straight into the Toaster.

Weird... I'll be interested to see what Mr K and co. find out.

Cheers,
    Sam

• I have had my Kemper since last summer. Honestly, I have been too busy to keep it always updated because the Kemper team has been cranking them out. I'm fine waiting a little longer for 3.0. If I had the the new remote already it would be a little disappointing to wait, surely not to get me started slinging insults. My Kemper with 2.7 is still awesome. I'm just thankful I'm with a product now where the developers actually care!! Keep up the great work Kemper team! I know this will be sorted out soon.

• LasseLammert, Great post, very humble and honest, great asset to the community. I hope your getting better.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Something similar happened to me just a minute ago. I was on the first GT75 Clean profile. I had been playing pretty hard on another profile, one of the Deadlight 5150's. I switched over to this one and hit the first chord and it was very loud the first half second or so. I was using headphones and it woke me up for sure. I'll go back up in a bit and see if it does it again but I'll leave the headphones on the desk this time.

We all love this thing, I know I'm just trying to help.

I didn't have the chance yet to check this specific rig, but I am absolutely sure that the distortion you hear is not related to Lasses issue and not to the 3.0.
    It's about this specific rig, and it would have sounded the same on older versions.
    I will have a look soon.

• This definitely sounds like an issue which clearly needs to be addressed. (As is being done)

It's all good to share the potential of damage here too, but I'd have to agree with CK that it's way more efficient a practice to open a ticket first, then notify the forum accordingly.
    Otherwise, it's like running through the neighborhood yelling Fire! Fire! absent of contacting the Fire Dept.

Anyone following this thread from it's origin now realize that it was an unfortunate set of circumstances (his surgery) which prevented LasseLammert from doing so as he had already mentioned above.

The good stuff coming from all this is we all can do the right thing(s) should anything else like this occur. ;)

Happy Kemper