Merged profiles of GrandMeister and JVM410H

• Hi,

Now that 3.0 is out, I shared some profiles I did for testing purposes in Rig Exchange. These are based on all channels of Hughes & Kettner GrandMeister and Marshall JVM401H.

I'm using the same THD 2x12 cab miced with an SM57 setup for all profiles,with a Behringer DI100 as a DI box.

A couple of disclaimers:

• I can't say I'm particularly happy with the miced 'studio profile' sound. I wasn't paying too much attention to this, as the point here is the direct sound - these profiles are intended to be used with a real cab. And of course, you can switch to another virtual cab sound from some other merged profile.
    • I profiled these originally with FW 2.8.0 preview version, and with all the bugs going on with that version and the current FW3.0, I can't be sure whether these still sound exactly the same as they did when I profiled the amps. At that time, the direct sound matched the actual amp extremely well.

Just search "axewave" in Rig Exchange and you'll find them. Feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!

-ax

• The Grand Master Ultra und Lead are very nice for shredding on my system (Camplifier/1960AV/EMGs). Not over gained, not over EQ'ed, no stomp box fizz. Very clear highs. Glad u made them, thank you!

• Wow, based on your comment I didn't think this was going to be exciting but I'll tell you I downloaded every Hughes & Kettner Profile you have except the clean one; the first H&K's I've really liked TBH; and the JVM40's have an excellent clean to fill that space (axJVCleanG) and snagged the OD1 and OD2 (R) while i'm at it. These sound VERY good, I'm running through DX10R too.

edit: picked up some more JVM40 nice, EG. axJV OD1G very nice crunch.

What's great about these is I haven't had the need to adjust anything, they just sound great as is! At least with my set up. (oops, just noticed cab volume is up at 3.5 for some reason; so that's coming down at least for the cleans).

Edited 3 times, last by oozish ().