How do you use the effects loop??

• Hey everybody, I just recently purchased a Kemper, and have been pretty successful in figuring most of its features out.

However, I cannot seem to figure out how to put pedals through the FX Loop. I've got an m13 that I'd like to use the four cable method for, as I've done with tube amps. I like the settings I've programmed in it.

The m13 is set up to go through the Direct Output (Send), and the Return input. Is this not correct? If it is, why wouldn't it be working?

- Matt

• I'd put the KPA in the loop of the M13. This way you can have effects pre AND post KPA because the loop-position is swichtable on the M13!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Yeah, that's what I'm doing :). I use the four cable method for that. I have a Fryette Sig:X, which is what I had been doing with that. I wanted to apply the same kind of set up with the kemper just for ease.

Once the pre-orders ship out for the Kemper pedal boards, I'll probably use the kemper effects in addition to that. But it's kind of a nice, lazy way around having to dial in a bunch of new tones, when they're already all there in the m13.

• Why do you use the 4cm, that's not necessary in my opinion. On the M13 you can choose per preset at what point in the chain the loop is. Simply put the KPA in the loop of the M13. M13 send -> KPA in, KPA out -> M13 return. Or am I getting something wrong?

• Hmm, I didn't know you could do that. I understood that if you use the loop of the m13, then you're running additional effects through the loop.

I'll try your suggestion out to see how it ends up working out, though. Sounds easier. I won't get to it for a few days, though.

• Another advantage: You'll have all the effects of the Kemper AND the M13! You can choose how many you'll have pre slot A-D and how many you'll have post reverb!

• Haha awesome. Thank you for the advice! Very helpful and insightful. I figured out the Kemper pretty much otherwise, including all the different ways you can DI / etc. It's really awesome. I had no idea how to get the loop working at first, and I certainly didn't know you could hook up the m13 that way. Maybe I'll have spare cables now :P!

• Yeah no worries. I'll check it out again. The manual, along with some online information, is where I had the feeling the loop was for a different purpose. So I'll re-read it, and I'll also try it out. It shouldn't hurt anything, either way.