To merge or not to merge

• Hi!

I'm reading the 3.0 manual and I'm not sure about what to do in order to copy the cab of a merged profile into a new DI profile.

1) Select the cab
    2) Copy
    3) Go to the DI profile
    4) Paste
    5) Do I need to merge the already merged cab with this new profile? Or it's enough if I just save the profile without merging again? I've seen discrepancies coming from different commercial profilers and IMO it's not clear in the manual.

Thanks in advance!

"Since the Cabinet Module of any Direct Profile is empty, it could also be enhanced by a Cabinet Profile from another Rig or Cabinet Preset. To do this, bring Cabinet Module into focus and turn the BROWSE knob to locate a suitable cab from your own Presets, or any other Rig."

and

"Your Merged Profile now features the authentic “amp with cabinet” sound of the Studio Profile, whenever the Cabinet Module is active. If you switch off the Cabinet Module, you will get the authentic, “amp only” sound of the Direct Amp Profile to be fed into a physical guitar cabinet. The original Direct Amp and Studio Profiles are now fully contained in the Merged Profile, so you are safe to delete them now, if desired.
    A positive side-effect is that the Cabinet of the Studio Profile has become an “authentic” cabinet, comparable to one based on an imported impulse response. If you copy a “merged” Cabinet Profile such as this into another Studio Profile later on, it will not undergo the usual approximation of the CabDriver algorithm.
    Note: the soft button “Merge Cabinet” always appears if the Cabinet of a Studio Profile is copied into a Direct Amp Profile. It will not appear under different conditions."

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• I'm also unclear about Merge Cabinet. When bringing the Cabinet feature into focus, the Merge Cabinet button is unchecked, noticeable after scrolling through and testing other cabinets. Once checked, I hear that the sound changes, but I'm not sure what's going on. What have I merged? When loading another Cabinet profile, am I merging another cabinet on top of the one I've just selected? Sorry if this is not in keeping with the original post query. If so, I'll post elsewhere.

• When i do this and click the little merge box, I get a sound that is most of the times very full. When I then save the profile and go back, it shows it has a cab but it does not sound the same. It sounds much thinner.

To answer Pacocito's original question, I think you are doing it right. You may be running into the same problem I am.

• as i sayed in many different posts....merging in the current firmware release - does not work
    I use a older Beta, that works perfect. In this Beta - Studioprofile is 100% the same as Merged Profile..even when you check with a analyzer.
    I still suggest to wait for next firmware update by Kemper

To anwer your question. You can do a DI profile....load a allready saved merged cab from a different profile. You dont have to merge this again...because this cab is allready merged.
    Merging is only about creation a seperated cab..it has nothing to do with the DI Profile.

you bought the JCM800...for example do your owen DI Profile of any amp...load my cab - done. :thumbup: (as long as the cab/micing fits the amp)

• I hear you on using the old beta, the only problem is the old Beta is not up any longer. I don't have an old copy. So I tried to go back to a pre 2.74 version. Great, now my rig manager 1.3 won't work.

I have a better idea. Hey Kemper guys put up a version that works! As I think I stated before, I don't have much patience. They should either do that or revert back to the old format completely until they get this fixed. I went back back and tried the new merged profiles again and once again almost had my ears blown off my head. Blowing up speakers is one thing, blowing out someones eardrums is something else. Fix this *^^$!