Brand new Profiler Remote stopped working

• I'm in the UK. I sent the faulty unit back next day March 4th by UPS (it's a four working day service thats used in Europe). I've been dealing with support who liase with sales team. Already had 2 delays in sending replacement due to technical reasons. Now awaiting to see if anything arrives this week. Have been told a unit sent last thurs but no tracking given so I'm in the dark. We don't appear to have a UK rep as per the U.S.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• You probably have a more severe root cause for your problem.....but the display on my remote was also totally unclear and washed out. Like broken.
    But then I found the little contrast button on the backside of the remote :) Adjusted and it's great now!

• I'm in the UK. I sent the faulty unit back next day March 4th by UPS (it's a four working day service thats used in Europe). I've been dealing with support who liase with sales team. Already had 2 delays in sending replacement due to technical reasons. Now awaiting to see if anything arrives this week. Have been told a unit sent last thurs but no tracking given so I'm in the dark. We don't appear to have a UK rep as per the U.S.

can you please post a ticket number?
    thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I got my replacement yesterday. I worked so late that I couldn't even take it out of the box.
    What I did notice though ( box had obvoiusly been opened and resealed) was that with the ends of the box taped the box was much more sturdy. The box my origional remote was shipped in did not appear to have glue or anything keeping it stable, as both ends of the box were pulled out. I think this is what attributed to th top front of the box being split

• I just plugged in the replacement remote and everything seems to be working just fine. Now it's to more programming so It functions to my needs . And thank god the MIDI PC's are working. :thumbup:

THis is where a programmer would come in super handy. It would make setting up things a breeze instead of going back in forth in different screens

• Horrible to read all your posts. For me there is one question: Does anybody really know what the defect is? I think when its a serial defect in wich way will kemper change all those units so quick? When its a big bug maybe in the hardware, its takes time to change the part in every FC. I stay with my Fcb until the baby grows up a little.

• No tracking or response from US. Sent another require last night to support this morning they say again someone from IS should be in touch soon....???
    First replacement was quick response and two day shipping. That one came not working saying " unit has no mac address"

• No tracking or response from US. Sent another require last night to support this morning they say again someone from IS should be in touch soon....???
    First replacement was quick response and two day shipping. That one came not working saying " unit has no mac address"

We were out of the office for a few days. Operations have resumed :)

• This exact thing just happened to me an hour ago! Just got my remote today, worked perfect for the half hour I tried it out. Went to mess with it again and nothing but a small black line that goes up and down on the screen! I'm so pissed right now! I was one of the last to get a remote and waited patiently and it didn't even work for a day!

• You would think that for $600 you would get a quality working product. I'm beyond pissed right now. I really think kemper got overwhelmed with orders and underestimated the amount of remotes they would need to ship, so they rushed everything to satisfy everyone. Between the confusing ordering system, people ordering last and getting remotes first, and the number of defective units, this has been a complete disaster. I understand every company has to take into account fail rates and not every unit will be perfect, but there seems to be an unusual amount of defective units. Why continue to even ship if you know your product is having so many issues? This is one of the downsides to being an early adopter I guess.

• This exact thing just happened to me an hour ago! Just got my remote today, worked perfect for the half hour I tried it out. Went to mess with it again and nothing but a small black line that goes up and down on the screen! I'm so pissed right now! I was one of the last to get a remote and waited patiently and it didn't even work for a day!

......sorry to hear about your defective remote, but I really don't think you are the last to receive, I have not received mine or any thing other than initial email, & have seen where higher order # 's than mine have received theirs, but after reading about all of the failing remotes, I am not sure I even want one, I wish everyone with the defective units, good luck..