Brand new Profiler Remote stopped working

• To be fair, none of us know how many Remotes have been ordered and shipped, and as far as I can recall from these forums, there have only been a handful of defective units. The demand was always going to cause some chaos, and aside from the two cases G String has admitted were due to human error, they've been shipped according to first come, first served (as officially stated).

I'm gutted for those that have had faulty units or are confused as to the prioritising process, but rest assured, it's worth it.

Cheese,
    Sam

• Sam, you're absolutely right, but I still agree with Eltzejupp that Kemper should reply to this thread indicating the cause of failure for the units that needed to be replaced. At $600 this purchase was a leap of faith for many of us to begin with, and if you suspect it's a crapshoot as to whether yours will work for more than 30 minutes... well, that doesn't instill much faith.

Even if a tiny percentage of the remotes were affected, it's reasonable to ask why and expect an answer - even if that answer is, "we're not sure yet."

I work in manufacturing and 2% is an acceptable defect rate in many cases. 2 of 100. Seems a lot but it is true.

Sure, but has anyone even confirmed that these cases were a matter of h/w defects? I would think any potential buyer would like to know. I'm not trying to make a big stink either way, I just think it would be easy enough to respond with a simple explanation.

• Well, guess what guys! Just received my replacement remote and ITS DEFECTIVE TOO! Same God damn thing happened. I was all excited when I came home and saw it was here. Plugged her in, worked perfect, just like the last remote. Then I said to myself "ok here it goes, the real test". I unplugged the remote then reconnected it and the exact same problem occurred again. Black lines running up and down the screen and nothing functions. This has to be some software issue. At this point I think I'm going to ask for my money back. Two pieces of crap for $600 this is embarrassing and beyond frustrating. Even if I get a 3rd one, I'm sure it will be on back order at this point and I'll never be sure if it's going to work every time I boot it up.

• Well, guess what guys! Just received my replacement remote and ITS DEFECTIVE TOO! Same God damn thing happened. I was all excited when I came home and saw it was here. Plugged her in, worked perfect, just like the last remote. Then I said to myself "ok here it goes, the real test". I unplugged the remote then reconnected it and the exact same problem occurred again. Black lines running up and down the screen and nothing functions. This has to be some software issue. At this point I think I'm going to ask for my money back. Two pieces of crap for $600 this is embarrassing and beyond frustrating. Even if I get a 3rd one, I'm sure it will be on back order at this point and I'll never be sure if it's going to work every time I boot it up.

Wow, that seriously sucks. How did that happen? ?(

• Wow that's bad! If Deadpan is correct then that's a 2% chance 3 times in a row. The odds on that must be either very small or there could more defective remotes coming off the line. I'm sure they get tested in the manufacturing process or at final inspection. Most of the faults seem to be to do with the display.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Are all the parts made in Germany or are all/some made in China? I know there have been a lot of bad capacitors over the year coming from China. I wonder if other parts have been affected as well.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Well this is disturbing.. I gigged Sat and my replacement functioned flawlessly. But I will definitly take my FCB1010 with me just in case
    And agree Kemper needs to step up with a "Plausable explanation" for the issues