Ok to leave Kemper on?

• I once left a PODxt bean on for 10 days too, but it was covered by a quadruple-folded, thick cotton sheet. The unit was very hot and just short of "untouchable" by hand, so I'm lucky it didn't get a little warmer as it's conceivable a fire could have started.

I did worry that some components such as caps could have dried out a little, but I noticed no difference in the sound. Those earlier beans were tough.

• I was told many years back by Kemper that they hadnt thought about my question as to leaving it on all the time and suggested that possibly the only thing that would happen would be a wear on the leds. I hope so

• I was told many years back by Kemper that they hadnt thought about my question as to leaving it on all the time and suggested that possibly the only thing that would happen would be a wear on the leds. I hope so

Well, 8 years later no one had mentioned burnt out LEDs yet.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Well, you should probably reboot it after 49 days that's when the internal millisecond counter gets an overflow.. :) - I should probably add an automatic shutdown after 48 days of operation...

But we're not alone: https://www.theregister.com/20…e_software_bug_149_hours/

I have several Profilers often running several days, checking their over-time-memory-consumption and other data - but I never got near a month or so...

• I should probably add an automatic shutdown after 48 days of operation...

Please do not forget to implement a "live gig detector / musical is just running detector" before forced shutdown kicks in 8o

Just saying... because my Windows perfectly reboots exactly when it's the most delicate moment...

How cool is that? Another reason to fly less 8)

• Please do not forget to implement a "live gig detector / musical is just running detector" before forced shutdown kicks in 8o

Just saying... because my Windows perfectly reboots exactly when it's the most delicate moment...

How cool is that? Another reason to fly less 8)

If you have 49 days between soundcheck and the show, you need to change something else :D

• Agree for rock musicians like us... just having in mind that there are other applications, i.e. musicals, long term running shows at entertainment parks etc. where not necessarily the infrastructure is shut down after each show. Admittedly not what most of us might have in mind... but it exists :)

• I was wondering for people that gig is ok to the kemper powered on during the other acts? My band is headlining this week end and I wanted to see if leaving it powered on during the two openers (1 hr sets a piece) if it would be ok?Thanks guys!

mine has been on for the greater part of 10 years. I think it will be ok