FW3.0 Random sound issue.

• I'm getting random changes in sound as I play. I'm in performance mode just playing a simple chord progression with a crunchy rig. Every few seconds it sounds like someone is switching the cab off and the sound is really harsh and fizzy, sounds horrible. I've been using this rig for months with absolutely no issues, until I upgraded to fw3.0.

Thanks.
    You are the second user to report this problem.
    Please send the rig in question to our support.

• I have a similar issue, does it sound like this?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you experience a red input or output led when you play?
    Do you use any active stomps or effects?

• There would be no difference to these two methods of approaching them.

but it would be a difference in them approaching the issues. what I mean is that an email address just for bugs won't necessary mean an immediate reply from the team. it is just a sort of memorandum of fixing the new issue. the team takes note and works to fix it without the need to act at a personal/client level.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Unfortunately Mr Kemper, I am completely color blind. I can see the little lights but I can't tell what color they are. I did check my input sensitivities and they were at the original settings.

• Unfortunately Mr Kemper, I am completely color blind. I can see the little lights but I can't tell what color they are. I did check my input sensitivities and they were at the original settings.

Maybe you can ask some person to help you with clip indicator or record it with telephone and put in here.

• I have a similar issue, does it sound like this?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OK, so it may be totally wrong, and a bug, but I'm actually digging the tone and sound. It's got that lo-fi super hot/rhythmic hitting a cardboard box vibe, just needs some telephone/megaphone shouted vocals on it for a complete Rolling Stones/Kinks/White stripes-esque vibe, and maybe a nice bass and drums.

I've often thought it would be nice to have a VU meter mode for the Kemper, either in the display so you can see input/output as a page in the system or rig settings and it would just show a pretend old fashioned needly dial or bar.

Or even better use all the top button led's (input, a,b,c,d amplifier, eq, cabinet, x, mod, delay, reverb, master) as a sort of giant really visible meter, lighting up from zero through to the effects section which would be the equivalent of orange and master which would be red).

What we hear seems to be a distortion. This is not a 3.0 flaw, but a problem of this specific rig.
    Please try to bring down the rig volume knob or the clean sens parameter.
    Does the distortion disappear?
    Do you use any stomps or effects on that sound?

• Th rig I recorded above is the GT 75 Clean 10 profile from the new Kemper merged pack. I also got a similar sound on the GT 75 Clean 12. I did nothing to the profiles and was plugged directly into the Kemper, no stomp boxes. No other effects engaged just the straight dowloaded profile. I will try and get my wife to look at the LED's. I ocassionally allow her in my man cave guitar area. I'm away right now and will do it when I get home.

• The GT 75 clean Profile has been puzzling me since yesterday - there is something weird going on. No matter how low I set clean sens (and I played the Profile with a strat, clean sens even at -12dB results in clipping), I always got a constant red light and clipping on the Output. First I thought, it's my error - because who would release a Profile like that with constant clipping. I now think that there's something wrong with the Profile itself. Can anybody confirm this?

Edited once, last by joerch ().

• but it would be a difference in them approaching the issues. what I mean is that an email address just for bugs won't necessary mean an immediate reply from the team. it is just a sort of memorandum of fixing the new issue. the team takes note and works to fix it without the need to act at a personal/client level.

Um, no, I think you got the ticket system wrong. The ticket system is exactly for this purpose: dealing with a problem in a structured and timely manner. Sending problem reports to a certain email address would bring no advantage. ;)

• Not completely sure a it is such a random thing, but I think I had the same thing happen again today whilst using the JVM rig by Nigel Day on the RE. I'm not sure but it could be to do with either the compressor stomp (position B) or the wah stomp (position A, Bypass @ stop).
    Interestingly it doesn't seem do it without the remote connected but this could be a red herring as it is a random occurrence.
    Here is a link to the modified rig if anyone else wishes to have a go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt50…-03-16_18-48-37.kipr?dl=0