Metallica studio profiles

• You can see they are on the RE by viewing the Rig Exchange from the main Kemper web page under Community->Rig Exchange, so since I can't see them in my older version of Rig Manager, I'm guessing it's because I have not upgraded RM yet (I'm waiting for firmware 3.0 to be sorted out first).

If you really want to try them you might be able to download them with your web browser and then copy them over to your KPA using the usb stick method. I don't know whether older versions of KPA firmware will recognize them or not, so I'm just putting this on the back burner also until all the FW/RM issues get ironed out.

If anyone wants to discuss this more, perhaps with Kemper staff, you might start a new thread over in the Rig Manager section. I feel like I have derailed this thread from it's intended purpose of discussing what I'm sure are truly fantastic Metallica profiles, and I am sorry for that.

Please continue on.

• Hi folks,

just for clarification: I deleted the profiles.
    The reason is that I´m not willing to accept the systematic one star ratings I always recieve for some random profiles of my uploads any longer.
    I´m totally open for feedback and critisism, but dealing with annonymous haters is not what I´m looking for. Spoils the fun quite a bit....

Anyway, the idea of sharing profiles is great, and I appreciate everyone´s contributions, so grab the Metallica settings profiles here

Keep in mind that these profiles are not made to sound like the original tone from the records, but to provide a platform with the original amp settings for further tweaks.

• @r.u.sirius : thanks for the link

I tested the profiles : there are not "clone tones" ! And that's why i like them ! Metallica's tones outside of a proper mix (and quad tracking) are, for me, unsable to play around !
    The sirius one have the feeling of metallica's tone, but there are tones you can jam with them!
    Thanks for sharing them, and good job !

• https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…/rusirius%2Bthrashcab.mp3

Just know that a lot of people just love your profiles. Also thanx to Thumas and Djmass for their Mark 2C+ and MarkIII profiles.
    Here is your Mesa Quad Metallica 03 profile with a cab from FearComplexMusic (The Thrash Collector on RE). This cab from FearComplexMusic makes all my profiles go Exodus/Anthrax/Heathen.
    I just backed the gain a bit down, nothing else. Will be a tad too bright for most people, but you can always cut the higher frequencies.

Your profiles also sound great on my Peavey 60/60 poweramp and Mesa Rectocab (V30's).

Thanx again from a Hetfield fanboy. ( I hate how metallica's live-guitarsound is nowadays, they sounded best live with their Mark IV's).

• The idea of a rating system sounded good but for some reason it just hasnt really helped to narrow anything down for me.

I have tried to check out the higher rated rigs first but it seams they are as hit or miss as any other buried in the other thousands.
    So now I pretty much just ignore them now.

I still love Metallica, was a huge fan in the 80s and 90s but they were done for me anything after And Justice For All.

• No idea if this relevant with the Kemper at all. But years ago on youtube there was this guy "Bgelais". He had a Metallica impulse response pack that was pretty awesome for using with the amp sims.
    Not sure if you can do anything with the IRs and the Kemper, but might give you some idea how he got those sounds. Looks like he updated the pack or something.

Wow... I remember ol Fruity Loops.. Many a drunken night making tunes in that.. :D .. oh the memories.. lol..

• Thanks for the Tip Kill division, that cab is awesome!

In line with your thoughts on cab switching (if you have sinmix cab release) try the David Laboga 2x12 V3/c65 cab with sm57 and Heil PR20 on the Metallica 12* (MOP) profile. Sirius uses the Grossman cab with the same mic setup but Sinmix sounds better to my ears.

Thanks to all!

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• By the way, r_u_ sirrius , I have been using 3 of these profiles in my weekly gigs ever since you originally downloaded them. I have never rated any profiles just because I found that the rating were not allways that accurate.SO THANKS FOR THE PROFILES... Paul

• By the way, r_u_ sirrius , I have been using 3 of these profiles in my weekly gigs ever since you originally downloaded them. I have never rated any profiles just because I found that the rating were not allways that accurate.SO THANKS FOR THE PROFILES... Paul

you´re welcome! thanks for the great feedback :)

there have been instant one star ratings for all my uploads in the last months. I suspect there´s a hater doing his sorry business....
    as I said, I like the idea of sharing, so I will make my future contributions available only via dropbox download. No more rig exchange for me, as long as votings are anonymous!

• I still don't get it really, I rate stuff but it doesn't show up (at least right away that I can tell); Also, when I rate something from the Kemper there is no confirmation it happened; so who knows?

• Forget those idiots.
    THX for your profiles. Just used profile 03 for Enter Sandman. It work for me with a plexi cab from Till Schleicher (Tills 1960 021 cab).
    Sounds top without any effects.