FW 3.0.0 10856 to many bugs...

• Well, that's the first time i had to downgrade due to bugs/ instability .
    At first, I noticed a noticeable delay (lag) when switching from Tuner to Browse, or from Browse to Performance mode. After playing some time on Performance I wanted to take pause from playing , switched to to tuner but nothing happened, just froze. I turned it off, rebooted , tried to switch back to Performance mode , but this time immediately after switching to browser it started to squeak (loud high pitch sound through my cabinet), and it was frozen again. Rebooted again and after that played without issues...
    ....until the next day, after playing for about 30 min i got "blue screen of death" (so to speak). It happened while trying to copy and paste fx from one stomp to another stomp slot.

IMHO FW 3.0 shouldn't have "release" status.

Just wanted to share my latest bad experiences after upgrading to FW 3.0.,

Cheers.

• I'm sure if you have contacted support they will sort this out. I think most of the 3.0 bugs are to do with the profiling section of the KPA. The lag when switching between browse and performance is there for a purpose to prevent accidental switching, a bit like the count down when you switch to off. You get a few seconds before it goes off. Well this is what kemper told me when I questioned this a while back on FW 2.7 I think

• Just my opinion but I'd have to agree with the OP. I've been seeing all kinds of issues/bugs popping up here on the forums from people whether it be the remote issues with the black lines and not loading up to profiling issues to you name it. I can't see how it was released as official. I'm waiting to install 3.0 once the kinks are worked out and I know each release has had some bugs here and there but this one seems to be triple or even more from past releases. I'm confident Kemper will get it all sorted out but it makes me wonder if 3.0 and the remote were rushed a little to meet certain time frames...my remote arrives next week and I'm really hoping there is a firmware update by then so I can actually use the thing. This technology is so impressive that I expect issues...just not so many on one release. Still supporting the techs!

• Thanks, for quick reply Raoul23, I know about the intended lag you've mentioned, but I noticed much longer than usual lag, and not just when switching from Browse to Performance, also from Tuner to Browse, and also for example when switching on FCB1010+UNO 4 , it usually takes 1 sec to see confirmation on the display that FCB is on, but it took like 8-10 sec. on FW3.0 That is what i mean by noticeable lag. Just to be clear, after rebooting, the lag was gone, but then came another issue,freezing, and the day after that freezing + "error message" .... I just wanted say that it just wasn't reliable for me, and believe me I'm usually to lazy to experiment with beta firmwares, I usually wait for release FW just to have reliable amp when gigging.

Sure , I will contact support, but I have a feeling that they are aware of the bugs in FW3.0, .....it just came out of beta to early, imho.

Kemper non powered amp
    FCB1010+UNO 4 Kemper chip
    Fender AM Standard Strat
    Gibson Les Paul Studio

• I get the error in the picture any time I try to save a profile from the rig manager, or add certain effects to a profile and what not.

• I've had a couple of lock ups too. I can remember one when trying to import from a usb stick (that works fine), waited for 15 minutes and got bored and switched it off (and it took a while to switch off, wouldn't go into tuner, etc).

Also had problems with rig manager not being able to send the preview signal to the kpa, as in i would choose a profile to preview, it would show as loaded on rig manager, but it would make no change on the kpa (and yes, i had usb connected, haha).

Other than that i've had some trouble with the tuner not showing the notes at times (the "needle" moves but no notes are displayed just a _ sign).... so yeah, i have to agree that there are problems with the firmware. Hope they get solved in time.

• Also there is a definite delay with popping sounds when moving between cabinet selections here.
    My problem is how do I downgrade and also have Rig Manager work?

to be honest, a popping noise and a certain delay was always thete even with my actual 2.7.3 when scrolling between cabs, cleaerly with the autoload tick on. i wouldn't say it is the 3.0 fault. guess it has to do with totally different cabs eq and level

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• to be honest, a popping noise and a certain delay was always thete even with my actual 2.7.3 when scrolling between cabs, cleaerly with the autoload tick on. i wouldn't say it is the 3.0 fault. guess it has to do with totally different cabs eq and level

Michael is right this click and pop noise has always been there, way before FW3.0