Remote Looper - Ability to Change Rigs

• I often want to record a backing track of sorts in the looper - for example a chord progression over which to solo. Typically, I want the rhythm part in the loop to be a different rig than that which I use for the solo. Currently, the looper takes up all the remote buttons for changing rigs. I'd like a way to keep a loop running, but switch the remote back to its normal setting. Here's one way I can see this done: while the looper is playing, make the tuner button a way to switch the remote back to rig selection mode, then another push of tuner to put it back into the current looper mode.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Are you saying you can't use two different rigs with the looper?
    That was one of my first questions and I was under the impression you could.

Kind of no reason to have a looper if you have to use the same sound over the original.

A looper should allow you to lay guitar "tracks".

• Unless I'm missing something, you have to change rigs directly on the KPA while looping. So, it can be done, but not using the remote exclusively. If someone knows otherwise, please advise, as I'd love to be able to do this!

• I often want to record a backing track of sorts in the looper - for example a chord progression over which to solo. Typically, I want the rhythm part in the loop to be a different rig than that which I use for the solo. Currently, the looper takes up all the remote buttons for changing rigs. I'd like a way to keep a loop running, but switch the remote back to its normal setting. Here's one way I can see this done: while the looper is playing, make the tuner button a way to switch the remote back to rig selection mode, then another push of tuner to put it back into the current looper mode.

Hi Zappledan,

Maybe I get you wrong (might be my poor english), but when you play a loop you can hit the looper button, be back in perform mode change rigs, fx, etc and the loop will continue to play. What is it that you´re asking for?

• Hi Zappledan,

Maybe I get you wrong (might be my poor english), but when you play a loop you can hit the looper button, be back in perform mode change rigs, fx, etc and the loop will continue to play. What is it that you´re asking for?

The current capability is that during looper mode, remote buttons 1 - 5 are used for looper functions, so they cannot be used for selecting a different rig. At least that's how it works for me.

Paul, I'm assuming that you're agreeing with me, and not flitzefinger?

• Yeah, I always run it as "post," but it just didn't occur to me to try pressing the Looper button while the looper was running. I thought that would terminate the looping ...

Live and learn, huh?

• Hi, Mykels3,

how do you set looper to "post"?

The terminology for this is Looper Location Output

1. Press the Settings button.
    2. For Profilers that use the Remote, navigate to page [12/18] (Remote)
      OR
      For the Kemper Stage navigate to page [4/11] (User Interface 2)
    3. Notice the last soft button (right-most near the top of the display).
    4. Set the Looper Location to Output

On the same page in the settings, you can also set the Looper Volume.

Source:

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Did you find it?

ST

• What a nice response ST.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yoda Guitar

I think I tried once via MIDI controller because I wanted a way to fade out/in loops. but looper volume is in the system setting and its range is -12 to 0 dB so you will be always hear the loop. I didn't find other way. As far as I remember you access to this controller via NRPN message or sysex I do not remember exactly. On the Kemper website you can download the "profiler MIDI parameter Documentation" where you can find all about profiler and MIDI.

good luck

• Thank you Burkhard for the information.
    But I was looking for some thing like Monitor Volume (CC73).

The Looper Volume System Page 12 has no effect if looper location is input.
    Also you can only reduce to volume to -12 db.

Midi command

B0 63 7F B0 62 34 B0 77 00

It doesn't help to solve my problem.
    For me, the looper is a nice toy for exercises but not for live gigs.

Be the force with you ;)