Questions about IA Set-up on Remote

• I received my replacement Remote and it works. Again, big thanks to Kemper CS and Matthew Skaggs. I really like the Browse feature since I have 1000 profiles and the up/down buttons allow me to scroll through them, as opposed to having to set up midi program changes.

Now, I'm trying to set up the FX IAs (I through IIII) to turn on/off effects. With the Axe-FX MFC, you can set up any IA to turn on/off any FX globally - meaning, no matter what the patch/preset, if it has a phaser or delay, you can have a single IA always assigned to that FX to turn it on/off. The Remote seems to work on a "per profile" basis. Meaning, I would shave to assign the I through III buttons to turn off whatever FX was placed in "that profile" to control it. Now, with 1000 profiles, It seems there has to be a better way to set up the Remote so that each of the available IA (1-5 and I through IIII) can be assigned to turn off Stomps 1-4 and the FX X, Mod, Delay and Reverb) on a global KPA basis. Does any one know how to do that? If so, can you post instructions or point me to the instructions to do that

Otherwise, if it can't do that (it seems you Can do that via a midi controller!), the Remote was not the best purchase for me, although, again, having the ability to scroll through 1000 profiles with a foot click is what I would have wanted, so not a total loss, but a slight disappointment in the actual functionality of the Remote..

• Thanks. A "rig by rig basis" YIKES!. Is anyone else not particularly happy about that? Even if you use a 100 profiles - that is a lot of programming. Flexible, yes, but still, a lot of programming. What I loved about the KPA compared to the Axe was that you can "lock" an FX to be on a global basis, as oppose to placing the same FX in every patch. For example, I have a global delay that I lock so that as I'm scrolling through profiles, I have the typical delay I like to use. I was hoping to have the KPA set up like a stomp box pedal board so that I can use the remote to turn my usual FX on/off globally. I guess I can do that by assigning the same FX for each profile and then assigning IAs and then saving the profiles, but that is A LOT of work. Personally, I'm tired of programming and tweaking and just want to play!

Note - the above is not a complaint, just a personal observation. I'll deal with it.

• Custom assignments are faster than "auto assign":

From The Remote Quick Start:
    Assigning switching functions to the Effect Buttons is simple: just press and hold an Effect Button and press the desired Module Button, e.g. STOMP A, on the Profiler’s front panel at the same time. Done! It also works the other way round: press and hold the Module Button on the Profiler first, then step on the desired Effect Button afterwards. The upper left LED of the Effect Button should now reflect the category color of the effect you assigned. Now, you can activate or bypass the selected effect by stepping on the button on your Remote. To undo a current assignment, simply perform the same assignment procedure again. To add a second assignment, just repeat the process with another stomp or effect on the Front Panel. You will notice the upper right LED now indicating the color of the second Effect Type. Multiple assignments can be done this way. Don’t forget to store the Rig, once you are happy with the assignments and the current on/off states. Whenever you load this Rig later, the assignments and the on/off states are recalled just as they were when you stored them.

• Well, you could always set up a rig with FX as you'd typically lay them out, then lock the FX sections on the Profiler and enable Auto Assign on the Remote. You'd be limited to 4 FX though, so if one of them is delay, you'd only be able to have 3 slots earlier in the chain with assigned FX. In theory, this should work. I haven't tried this out in practice, however.

Cheers,
    Sam

Edited once, last by sambrox ().

• FWIW, the auto- assign function in its current state is pretty much useless to me and I bet to 95% of users because the slot assignment is so individual.
    It would become a USEFUL feature if it was customizable, i.e. I can determine WHAT gets auto- assigned when I press the button.
    I'll make a FR of this.

• FWIW, the auto- assign function in its current state is pretty much useless to me and I bet to 95% of users because the slot assignment is so individual.
    It would become a USEFUL feature if it was customizable, i.e. I can determine WHAT gets auto- assigned when I press the button.
    I'll make a FR of this.

I agree with you here Ingolf, auto assign is useless to me aswell. Like Sam said above locking the effects and then saving them per rig would be the best and quickest way. This is exactly how I do it

I'll make a FR of this.

Agreed. It would be nice if certain things could be excluded from auto assign, such as noise gate, compressor, and EQ. I would typically never change these while using a rig.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yeah this stuff could be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully an update addresses this. IA for all 8 effect modules is essential too me, plus a global/lock function I already use on the Kemper Rack.
    Hmm...how about setting up the Kemper with two dual footswitches to enable/disable effects like X,MOD,DELAY & REVERB, and have the Remote do ABCD stomps via I,II,III,IIII?
    Could that possibly work? if so I would be back on board!

• Yeah this stuff could be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully an update addresses this. IA for all 8 effect modules is essential too me, plus a global/lock function I already use on the Kemper Rack.
    Hmm...how about setting up the Kemper with two dual footswitches to enable/disable effects like X,MOD,DELAY & REVERB, and have the Remote do ABCD stomps via I,II,III,IIII?
    Could that possibly work? if so I would be back on board!

Could work, but first they have to enable support for switches to be attached to the 4 expression ports on the Remote...

Cheers,
    Sam

• Sorry I meant two dual footswitches connected to the Kemper unit itself. And assigned to X & MOD on one and DELAY & REVERB on the other. Know what I mean?

This will definitely work. Later on also the switches on the Remote itself should supply this functionality.