Thumas Merged 3.0 Profiles. (Updated 2020)

• Absolutely crasy stuff. I am impressed about Thumas and Djemas work. Thanks a lot for your time spending to create top rigs for the community I tryed one rig after another (you make my sunday), and i cant say whats best. Could you be so kind to give an idea wich rig i could use best to get the sound of satch boogie from Joe Satriani and wich kind of effects i have to use?

This.

• THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I tried these profiles last night through the power section of my Diezel Herbert and into a 4x12 cab. The Soldano and Powerball were unbelievable. If I closed my eyes I could swear I was playing those heads through my set up.

Great work and thanks for sharing, so excited about new merged profiles!

• tested the first profiles in this thread with one specific microphone (i can't recall it's name) and then i tested the profiles with the tsm m57 microphone. ...i used them with a power amp and a real cab.Since i use only the direct part (cab off)can someone explain to me why there is difference in sound between those profiles. The profiles with the tsm are brighter .Shouldn't they sound the same since the microphone affects the sound of the studio profile and not the direct profile?

• Well tsm profiles are not made The same day as the others so amp settings is probably not the same, that's probably the reason, but If you try my new blended profiles, does them change the sound on real cab for you? Those are all done with same amp setting.

• Thank you so much these are great!

Stupid question regarding the merged label. I assume everyone who uses Merged means they took the profiles at both speaker out with DI and then the full setup, cab and mic included, right? I'm getting a bit confused by the labels and also I hope people label their profiles correctly when they share them (not your case obviously, I'm thinking less "prepared" profilers on the exchange). If I got this right, then I'd really only be interested in Studio profiles (head, cabinet, mic, and all - please correct me if I'm wrong!) and Merged for when I want to use my speaker cabinets.

Thanks for your help and thank you again Thumas. Those Soldanos are gold!

• Thank you so much these are great!

Stupid question regarding the merged label. I assume everyone who uses Merged means they took the profiles at both speaker out with DI and then the full setup, cab and mic included, right? I'm getting a bit confused by the labels and also I hope people label their profiles correctly when they share them (not your case obviously, I'm thinking less "prepared" profilers on the exchange). If I got this right, then I'd really only be interested in Studio profiles (head, cabinet, mic, and all - please correct me if I'm wrong!) and Merged for when I want to use my speaker cabinets.

Thanks for your help and thank you again Thumas. Those Soldanos are gold!

Well when making a merged cab you first make a studio profile (normal old school profile) and then you making direct amp profile (di after power amp, just before speaker) important thing is that amp has exact same settings when making studio and di profile.
    After that i copy the cab from studio profile, paste it on di profile, press merge and save the final profile.
    whats good now is the cab is separated (speaker+mic+mic position)You can as you say use this "merged" profiles to use di to guitar cab from monitor out and use main out with cab to a pa.or you can use "merged" cabs with di profiles to find new sounds. remember when copying a merged cab to another di profile you don't want to merge that cab again.
    Well i guess in your case you just wanted studio profiles, but i can't see any disadvantage to use these or other merged profiles. it works like a normal studio profile if you want but you have more options if wanted.

Well when making a merged cab you first make a studio profile (normal old school profile) and then you making direct amp profile (di after power amp, just before speaker) important thing is that amp has exact same settings when making studio and di profile.
    After that i copy the cab from studio profile, paste it on di profile, press merge and save the final profile.
    whats good now is the cab is separated (speaker+mic+mic position)You can as you say use this "merged" profiles to use di to guitar cab from monitor out and use main out with cab to a pa.or you can use "merged" cabs with di profiles to find new sounds. remember when copying a merged cab to another di profile you don't want to merge that cab again.
    Well i guess in your case you just wanted studio profiles, but i can't see any disadvantage to use these or other merged profiles. it works like a normal studio profile if you want but you have more options if wanted.

Great Thumas, that's exactly what I thought was going on. Yes, ideally, I would have all my favourite profiles as Merged. But quite a few of my favourites (Andy, Britt, etc...) are studio only, at least for now. I have to say, many of them work great with a cabinet as well, but Merged seems to be the best and most accurate option when using a real cab.