Thumas Merged 3.0 Profiles. (Updated 2020)

• Yes these profiles are "staples"!

For new users, might I recommend sorting the free profiles subforum on descending number of votes, like in this link, that way you can easily check out all the most popular postings.

After being here for about a year, I did not know you could sort the forum like that. I thought it was sorted by last reply, and had no idea I could change it. Thanks for the info!

• Any ideas on my current "youtube template"?

I scrolled through some more "Thumas" Kemper profiles and one reminded a little about Panteras "Cowboys From Hell" so I simply played that riff to try it out, but it's NOT a attempt to "nail the mix" because I didn't even listen to the original for reference at all.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

RIP Vinnie

Of course, recorded this with my Solar A1.6ET :love:

EDIT: listening back to back with original CBH it's nowhere close the original but eh, I love playing (at least trying to!) this riff

• Another Pantera song... I might have a complete cover coming up on my Youtube in near future! :thumbup:

Using the "Blended 3 M07" Mesa Mark III profile. It's sharper than the M06, but I have grown to like the "in between" M04 for most applications.
    But Pantera is supposed to have sharp tone so 07 is best fitting!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another Pantera song... I might have a complete cover coming up on my Youtube in near future! :thumbup:

Using the "Blended 3 M07" Mesa Mark III profile. It's sharper than the M06, but I have grown to like the "in between" M04 for most applications.
    But Pantera is supposed to have sharp tone so 07 is best fitting!

Both of those sound awesome! Nice job on the profiles and the playing!

• Oooooh... I was going through profiles with my headphones and I think I did the right thing!
    Somehow I tend to go for too "thin and fizzy" profiles when listening with my speakers.
    Now I found the Blend 2 M05 profile which... Oh well, simply rules!
    I will go through more Thumas profiles with headphones, this is so much fun!

• I agree this sounded better!

if anyone is interested about this blended profile(blend 2 m05) it's mesa mark III with 2 cabs running, rectifier 2x12 v30 was mic:ed with sm57 copy called tsm mt57 and other cab is engl 4x12 with v60 elements mic:ed with a heil pr20.

Edited once, last by Thumas ().

• Been playing around with more profiles now.
    Can anybody guess what amp this is? 8o

• Have not been active for a few years but have started playing some guitar again and bought myself a new sm57 to make som new profiles, this was mainly a test for myself to relearn my cab again.

Profiles are as usual from my mesa mark 3 with my rectifier 2x12 v30, soon i will make som new profiles from soldano hotrod.

These are not so well sorted out, there are some poor profiles here to, but i think you could find some good ones also :)

Profiles are merged as usual and i also included some di files in the zip to try with different cabs, if you find any you like let me know which you prefer.

Link in first post.

• Tested all of them, plus some extra, they all sound great as usual, you have not lost your skills :P

Used the djemass tweaks and all sound perfect for my needs. The Fredman aare great also

HOLY Cow you guys are amazing, Thank you for your commitment to the Free Stuff!

Djemass - Im a huge Metallica Freak and you just changed my world with these 2C+ Profiles. And for free!

And the acoustic stuff you did is insanely amazing I cant believe how realistic this stuff is!\

• HOLY Cow you guys are amazing, Thank you for your commitment to the Free Stuff!

Djemass - Im a huge Metallica Freak and you just changed my world with these 2C+ Profiles. And for free!

And the acoustic stuff you did is insanely amazing I cant believe how realistic this stuff is!\

thanks glad you find some of them useful:)